wzr-hp-g300nh stuck at TX rate of 1mb/s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
mut3d
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 14:47    Post subject: wzr-hp-g300nh stuck at TX rate of 1mb/s Reply with quote
i have set my wzr-hp-g300nh up as a client bridge and when checking the wireless status page it says that the transmit rate is stuck at 1mb even though i have set it to a minimum of 5.5mb and max on auto to my access point anything else that connects to the VAP has TX rates of 100 or above for n-devices and constant 54 for b/g devices. The signal quality is 35+ i have never seen it lower than that. The RX rate is also never lower than 32mb from my acces point to the client bridge.

is this just a misreading of the real tx speed or is it something else. Also my TX power is always low 13dBm i cant seem to set it higher is this the problem and if so how do i get it higher its set to 25 in the advanced wireless area. please help

need to knows :-

using the 14998 build buffalo skined ddwrt
access point is a dir-615 running stock.

just updated to latest build (15778) still my problem exists

no matter what mode it is put in n-only turbo/dynamic/full, mixed full, bg only ng only it still wont transmit more than 1mb

Last edited by mut3d on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:27; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
mut3d
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
bumped as it was about to go to page 2

and with 47 views there must be someone who can comment
devicemanager
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
The wifi rate @ 1Mb/s is a cosmetic error displayed on client devices. I can set the channel width to 40MHz and I get 2Mb/s. My AP reports 260MB/s.

To achieve a xmit pwr @ 21dBm I set the region code to USA and ch 10 (overlapping) since it has the highest output (see link below). I've set my client bridge xmit pwr to 25 before and the gui reports 25 but after reboot it reverts back to 21.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/myincludes/image_page.php?/images/stories/wireless/buffalo_wzrhpg300nh/buffalo_wzrhpg300nh_peak_output_compare.jpg

I've found 14896 to be the most stable build so far. The wifi doesn't seem to disconnect (as often) or stall out like recent builds. You also don't have to worry about adding in the gateway IP under the basic or wifi tab. I have my furthest client bridge set to auto reboot once per day.[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: