BS build 14144 3G/UTMS option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
positrons
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 17:03    Post subject: Re: 3G ASUS RT-N16 Firmware Reply with quote
kt_haddock wrote:
positrons wrote:
I don't see the 3G option on my ASUS RT-N16. I've tried the following bin:

dd-wrt.v24-13309_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin

What am I doing wrong? I read that 3G is only available here: /others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/06-03-10-r14537 but I don't see any bin for the RT-N16.

First se peacock thread: 3. Upgrade to a recommended newer build.
Latest build working just fine and stable. It's depend what featuers you want to use.
Latest build is 15508-EKO, Big and Mega and smaller one.

Thanks, I see the WAN option now. The peacock thread helped and I just installed the latest broadcom firmware from /others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/

I'll post updates on my attempt to tether a Nokia phone. I found the APN settings for AT&T on another site. Here they are:

APN: wap.cingular
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
Sponsor
mompl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:32    Post subject: Huawei E1750 & Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Reply with quote
Hey everybody,

has anyone got it managed to get the following combination work?

- Internet provider Starhub (Singapore)
- Mobile Stick Huawei E1750
- Router: Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
- DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std (SVN revision 14896)

Have set all preferences but any time I click on connect I'll get the following feedback for a couple of seconds: Connection Type disabled

Do I have to do anything to enable it explicit?

Thanks for your help.
mompl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:21    Post subject: Re: Huawei E1750 & Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Reply with quote
No idea from anyone?

mompl wrote:
Hey everybody,

has anyone got it managed to get the following combination work?

- Internet provider Starhub (Singapore)
- Mobile Stick Huawei E1750
- Router: Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
- DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std (SVN revision 14896)

Have set all preferences but any time I click on connect I'll get the following feedback for a couple of seconds: Connection Type disabled

Do I have to do anything to enable it explicit?

Thanks for your help.
eTaurus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi folks,
I'm new to the forums.

I plan to buy the Asus RT-N16 but before I do this I have to find out if it supports my 3G USB modem. It's an Option ICON 505. Is there anyone who has tried this combination?

eTaurus
chpyeung
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:46    Post subject: 3G modem support on EKO builds? Reply with quote
Would anyone tell me if EKO builds supports 3G USB modem for WAN connection now?
sdddwrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've read this whole thread and it seems people have only tried it on 3G usb cards and not actual phones?

I have tmobile web2go plan and a nokia phone that I can tether to my PC using nokia ovi suite and a usb cable. Can I do the same with dd-wrt on my rt-n16?

I tried to no avail, so I'm guessing I need the right settings?
What should I put for user/pass? The connection on my PC does not have a user/pass so maybe it is hidden in the phone?

Also, the PC connection doesn't have an APN settings, but I'll try the epc and internet2 once I figure out the user/pass settings.
Jmeier
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
sdddwrt wrote:
I've read this whole thread and it seems people have only tried it on 3G usb cards and not actual phones?

I have tmobile web2go plan and a nokia phone that I can tether to my PC using nokia ovi suite and a usb cable. Can I do the same with dd-wrt on my rt-n16?

I tried to no avail, so I'm guessing I need the right settings?
What should I put for user/pass? The connection on my PC does not have a user/pass so maybe it is hidden in the phone?

Also, the PC connection doesn't have an APN settings, but I'll try the epc and internet2 once I figure out the user/pass settings.

You need the RNDIS driver.

http://dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=606111#606111
Hello
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does this USB->3g device/phone WAN feature only exist in the Mega builds? I ask because my router only has 4mb flash memory. I would love to have this option to tether my phone when the DSL dies in the house.
gobbledigook
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello wrote:
Does this USB->3g device/phone WAN feature only exist in the Mega builds?

yes but if you search for UTMS in the wiki there is the page for maually setting it up, only issue will be space, you will have to use jffs

list of optware packages
broadcom announcements, peacock and recommended builds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: