[Solved]! Airlink AR690w BS 14473 switch not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
btechnet
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 14:16    Post subject: Re: AR690W no Lan connection!! Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Domin8r wrote:
Hi, am a newbie to dd-wrt, and this particular router, am an accomplished system and network builder

That experience you have does obviously not help you to understand what the current problem is so I'd suggest you to read through this thread once again, the whole of it. Read it slowly and let it sink in.

There won't be any developer wasting his time explaining the problems to you just because you don't understand them, most other writers in this thread seems to have understood.
Your demand is way out of line for this forum and for a free software.

Normally I would help people in this situation, but I believe that you are right LOM. This thread is meant as a way to figure out how to get the switch driver / gpio for the ar690w functional.

Domin8r, if you are looking to help with the software to make things better for the dd-wrt community then please say so. Also if you are planning to help then please post in the Generic section to aid in the development process:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=3

Brainslayer
1x AR690w mini - 15649 v24
Brainslayer
2x AR430W std - 13064 v24 Brainslayer
2x WNR834B v2 mini - 14311 K2.4 BrainSlayer
1x RT-N16 big - 14280 NEWD-2 K2.6 BrainSlayer
1x WRT54G V5.0 micro - 15704 v24 Brainslayer
1x WRT54GL V1.1 micro - 15704 v24 Brainslayer
Sponsor
Domin8r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 15:05    Post subject: re: AR690W Reply with quote
That was quite a hostile response for someone looking for answers!

I actually understood ALL that was relayed in the current thread, and it seems to me that all here are experiencing the same problem.... why release a firmware not ready/or less than fully functional to the device it's intended. I appreciate the effort none-the-less, and good progress has been made, but a non-functional LAN on ANY ROUTER is an insane factor...

Insulting me is not going to change the facts, and I wanted to DISCUSS this with the developer to maybe help HIM, and maybe resolve the issue... You sure are JUDGEMENTAL for someone whom doesn't even know me!

I've done work for the likes of IBM, Sperry-Rand, Xerox, Telecom, and many others to delevop and install alot of the products you use every day, so LIGHTEN_UP! Rolling Eyes Dom...
btechnet
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 16:47    Post subject: Re: re: AR690W Reply with quote
Domin8r wrote:

I actually understood ALL that was relayed in the current thread, and it seems to me that all here are experiencing the same problem.... why release a firmware not ready/or less than fully functional to the device it's intended. I appreciate the effort none-the-less, and good progress has been made, but a non-functional LAN on ANY ROUTER is an insane factor...

Insulting me is not going to change the facts, and I wanted to DISCUSS this with the developer to maybe help HIM, and maybe resolve the issue... You sure are JUDGEMENTAL for someone whom doesn't even know me!

I've done work for the likes of IBM, Sperry-Rand, Xerox, Telecom, and many others to delevop and install alot of the products you use every day, so LIGHTEN_UP! Rolling Eyes Dom...

Domin8r, LOM is a good person, so is Brainslayer. Everyone is hoping for the same outcome here so no dis-respect. When people post messages saying that they want to talk directly to the creators it usually means that they want to explain to them that the whole idea with what we do is wrong.

The DD-WRT community is dedicated to working with eachother to fix problems and let the creators... create. The reason for the forum is so that we can create answers / code fixes for the software to make it as stable and advanced as possible. Speaking directly to the code makers doesn't share the inforamtion to the rest of us, so when we say keep it on subject, try and stay on point.

If you have a fix, or a suggestion please post in the general forum, or submit a ticket to trac for review. You can also download the source code from the svn repository if you would like to help write code. All of us here appreciate people that make working code and submit it to the creators to implement. Thank you for your support Dom!

Brainslayer
Brainslayer
garg_art2002
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 15:00    Post subject: Re: re: AR690W Reply with quote
btechnet wrote:
Domin8r wrote:

Domin8r, LOM is a good person, so is Brainslayer. Everyone is hoping for the same outcome here so no dis-respect. When people post messages saying that they want to talk directly to the creators it usually means that they want to explain to them that the whole idea with what we do is wrong.

The DD-WRT community is dedicated to working with eachother to fix problems and let the creators... create. The reason for the forum is so that we can create answers / code fixes for the software to make it as stable and advanced as possible. Speaking directly to the code makers doesn't share the inforamtion to the rest of us, so when we say keep it on subject, try and stay on point.

If you have a fix, or a suggestion please post in the general forum, or submit a ticket to trac for review. You can also download the source code from the svn repository if you would like to help write code. All of us here appreciate people that make working code and submit it to the creators to implement. Thank you for your support Dom!

I am sorry to butt in however the response was both hostile and insulting specially considering the domin8r said that (s)he is techie.

The issue is not good person or bad... Its why keep a broken image under functional. We should remove this router from working list and put it in broken. Lot of people purchase AR690W thinking it works with DDWRT and it ends up becoming brick. We are only helping Airlink move boxes and sell more hardware by keeping this misleading state.

My 2 cents.
garg_art2002
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 15:00    Post subject: Re: re: AR690W Reply with quote
btechnet wrote:
Domin8r wrote:

I am sorry to butt in however the response was both hostile and insulting specially considering the domin8r said that (s)he is techie.

The issue is not good person or bad... Its why keep a broken image under functional. We should remove this router from working list and put it in broken. Lot of people purchase AR690W thinking it works with DDWRT and it ends up becoming brick. We are only helping Airlink move boxes and sell more hardware by keeping this misleading state.

My 2 cents.
frzndrag
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 0:46    Post subject: RTL8366SR module Reply with quote
So managed to get the module off the unit (the only way to transfer anything off is to overwrite the psudo log file they create... but the module is attached, they call it from a standard init script with no passed parameters so any parameters its using must be in the module, there is some clear text at the end of the file but i can't see a pin ref.
for reference/decompiling it is runnig on Kernel version 2.4.30
just for completeness I've also attached the console boot log up to the end of their startup config script.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
i implemented now the switch driver using the SDA/SCK data provided. the driver works on other ralink devices now, but i cannot test on AR690W, since i dont have this device. to please test the attached firmware file on this device

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:50    Post subject: Switch Driver Works Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
i implemented now the switch driver using the SDA/SCK data provided. the driver works on other ralink devices now, but i cannot test on AR690W, since i dont have this device. to please test the attached firmware file on this device

BrainSlayer, this updated driver works now, all 5 Ethernet ports work and pass traffic.
LEDs work on the 4 LAN ports. I have a suspicion the WAN LED may be software driven as it does not light when plugged in, but links, passes traffic and obtains DHCP from my test setup.
I will get you more feedback, but I am away most of this week and will be unable to test right away.
I used the Factory-webflash for this test as I had gone back to the AirLink Factory SW to dig up the driver.
Thanks for the hard work on this.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
the led is not software driven almost. but you can configure the switch in several ways to control these led's. you just need to find out how it needs to be configured

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

I haven't had a chance to test the updated switch, but I will tonight.

Once i see that it works i will mark the posting Solved!

Then I will also make a posting about which version they should use.

BrainSlayer, could you update the recommended firmware on the router database page so everyone can download the proper firmware?

Brainslayer
Brainslayer
btechnet
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yay! it works, Now i can use it!

Thanks Brainslayer!

Brainslayer
Brainslayer
Asderfage
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Huzzah!

I signed up to download that attachment, and I'm happy to say it worked. My ports work now.

I flashed blindly, after seeing "Supported". Someone really MUST change that link to this updated version, or at least put some kind of WIP warning. Without a switch, and with no original firmware available anywhere, most people would consider the router bricked.
vforce
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks BrainSlayer! At the beginning I was wonder the switch not work is becase of the different hardward version as after open the router I see WRGN20..A1G on the board. now after flash BrainSlayer's attachment ,the switch works. the only things is after conect with wire ,the PC shows 100Mbps, not 1000Mbps. it is a problem?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
vforce wrote:
the only things is after conect with wire ,the PC shows 100Mbps, not 1000Mbps. it is a problem?

Cable problem?
Make sure you have a good ethernet cable intended for Gigabit (CAT-5e or CAT-6)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks guys, it's working good. Flashed 2 AR690W today. Somebody should update the database to use this newer firmware, and these are 32MB RAM devices.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: