DDNS and dns.loopia.se to work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
darijo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:32    Post subject: DDNS and dns.loopia.se to work? Reply with quote
When I update the dns manually I put this line in my web-broweser
http://dns.loopia.se/XDynDNSServer/XDynDNS.php?system=custom&hostname=www.mydomain.se&myip=82.x.x.x (this a dynamic IP)

and it popup a authorization window.

so i tried to get the dd-wrt (DD-WRT v23 SP3 (01/09/07) std) to work to my dns provider but without any luck.

this is what I have in my dd-wrt and what the log say when it tries:
-----------------------
DDNS Service: Custom
DYNDNS Server: dns.loopia.se
User Name: myaccount
Password: password
Host Name: www.mydomain.se
URL: http://dns.loopia.se/XDynDNSServer/XDynDNS.php?system=custom&hostname=
Additional DDNS Options: --verbose 5

Fri Jan 12 07:18:39 2007: INADYN: Started 'INADYN Advanced version 0.1.4' - dynamic DNS updater.
Fri Jan 12 07:18:39 2007: The request for IP server:
GET http://checkip.dyndns.org/ HTTP/1.0

Fri Jan 12 07:18:39 2007: DYNDNS: IP server response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html
Server: DynDNS-CheckIP/0.2
Connection: close
Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
Content-Length: 105

Current IP Address: 82.x.x.x

Fri Jan 12 07:18:39 2007: W: DYNDNS: My IP address: 82.x.x.x
Fri Jan 12 07:18:39 2007: I:INADYN: IP address for alias 'www.mydomain.se' needs update to '82.x.x.x'
Fri Jan 12 07:18:40 2007: DYNDNS my Request:
GET http://dns.loopia.se/XDynDNSServer/XDynDNS.php?system=custom&hostname=www.naiveandcynical.se HTTP/1.0
Authorization: Basic a2l0dHlsaXR0ZXJyZWNvcmRzLnNlOjdtbW54emo0
Host: dns.loopia.se
User-Agent: inadyn advanced/0.1.4 software@stevehorbachuk.com

Fri Jan 12 07:18:40 2007: I:INADYN: Alias 'www.mydomain.se' to IP '82.x.x.x' updated successfully.
Fri Jan 12 07:18:40 2007: W:INADYN: DYNDNS Server response:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 06:18:39 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.8b PHP/4.4.4
X-Powered-By: PHP/4.4.4
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html

abuse
-----------------------

I found out the the line it sends is missing this part &myip=82.x.x.x

so I wonder how do I get it to send this
http://dns.loopia.se/XDynDNSServer/XDynDNS.php?system=custom&hostname=www.mydomain.se&myip=82.x.x.x

and to check the ipaddress and put it in the &myip=

many many thanx in advance
Sponsor
leion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 19:50    Post subject: Any luck? Reply with quote
Have you been able to get ddns working with Loopia?
Do you have any hints?

Regards,
Henrik
supergregg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im having the same problem. I have now contacted Loopia to see if they might skip the IP part that they require.
pHr33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I ran into the exact same problem.
Loopia does not use the IP of the incomming connection, but require the "myip" variable to be set.

Inadyn does not seem to provide a simple way to add the ip to the custom --dyndns_server_url

Annoying, 'cause I beleve it does it for some pre-defined dyndns_system..

Anyone with a nice solution? Smile
kt_haddock
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try this settings:
DDNS Tjänst: Own
DYNDNS Server: members.dyndns.com
Username: Username
Password: Password
Name: Your user site
URL: /nic/update?
Extra DDNS val: --ip_server_name checkip.two-dns.de /

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 20:52    Post subject: :idea: Reply with quote
Here is one way to get Loopia Dyn-DNS service to work on DD-WRT. I used Linksys WRT320N - DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) mega - build 14896

This only works if your router has the WAN port directly on the internet. No external IPaddr check is done. Since "inadyn" needs the IPaddr parameter in dyndns_server_url the check needs to be done before there for I grab WANaddr at start up. inadyn 1.96-ADV don't seem to be able to update URI parameters regarding "myip" which is need in Loopia's case.

Do the following,
- DDNS Service can be disabled. At least thats how I do it.
- Add your info to the code. Change *USERNAME*, *PASSWORD*, *FQDN_HOST_NAME* (yyy.zzz.com)
- Open DD-WRT web interface and go to "Administration" --> "Commands"
- Paste code in "Command Shell"
- Click "Save Startup"
- Reboot router.
- Done!

CODE:
#Delay to ensure WAN is up and running and router has correct time
sleep 10
#
#Now startup the DDNS(inadyn) for Loopia Dyn-DNS (this only uses IPaddr from WAN_port and NOT from external lookup).
mkdir /tmp/ddns
/usr/sbin/inadyn -u
*USERNAME* -p *PASSWORD* --background --dyndns_system custom@http_svr_basic_auth -a *FQDN_HOST_NAME* --update_period_sec 600 --forced_update_period 864000 --log_file /tmp/ddns/ddns.log --cache_dir /tmp/ddns --exec ddns_success --dyndns_server_name dns.loopia.se --dyndns_server_url /XDynDNSServer/XDynDNS.php?system=custom\&myip=$(nvram get wan_ipaddr)\&hostname=
#
#

Hope this helps. Not the best solution but it get the job done.

//Codetracer
phreud
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
codetracer's scipt works like a charm for me. However, I'm wondering how to update several subdomains at once. I've tried reading up on inadyn, and it seems you just slap another --alias after the first one. I'm VERY unfamiliar with scripting though, and Im not sure what the difference is between -a and --a (and --alias?).

How do I modify the row in the script to update for example domain.com, www.domain.com and ftp.domain.com at once? And is domain.com really a FQDN_HOST_NAME?

Thanks!
Sin89
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 0:17    Post subject: Re: :idea: Reply with quote
codetracer wrote:
Here is one way to get Loopia Dyn-DNS service to work on DD-WRT. I used Linksys WRT320N - DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) mega - build 14896

This only works if your router has the WAN port directly on the internet. No external IPaddr check is done. Since "inadyn" needs the IPaddr parameter in dyndns_server_url the check needs to be done before there for I grab WANaddr at start up. inadyn 1.96-ADV don't seem to be able to update URI parameters regarding "myip" which is need in Loopia's case.

Do the following,
- DDNS Service can be disabled. At least thats how I do it.
- Add your info to the code. Change *USERNAME*, *PASSWORD*, *FQDN_HOST_NAME* (yyy.zzz.com)
- Open DD-WRT web interface and go to "Administration" --> "Commands"
- Paste code in "Command Shell"
- Click "Save Startup"
- Reboot router.
- Done!

CODE:
#Delay to ensure WAN is up and running and router has correct time
sleep 10
#
#Now startup the DDNS(inadyn) for Loopia Dyn-DNS (this only uses IPaddr from WAN_port and NOT from external lookup).
mkdir /tmp/ddns
/usr/sbin/inadyn -u
*USERNAME* -p *PASSWORD* --background --dyndns_system custom@http_svr_basic_auth -a *FQDN_HOST_NAME* --update_period_sec 600 --forced_update_period 864000 --log_file /tmp/ddns/ddns.log --cache_dir /tmp/ddns --exec ddns_success --dyndns_server_name dns.loopia.se --dyndns_server_url /XDynDNSServer/XDynDNS.php?system=custom\&myip=$(nvram get wan_ipaddr)\&hostname=
#
#

Hope this helps. Not the best solution but it get the job done.

//Codetracer

Hi I'm new in the forums but I've been using your script for loopia-dns on a Linksys E3000 (DD-wrt flashed) for a while and it worked like a charm but I have now bought a new Asus RT-N66U which I don't even want to take the risk by flashing DD-WRT on and I have stuck to the ASUSWRT-Merlin mod. My problem now is that the ASUS-WRT don't have inadyn natively and relies on optware (If it hade I could just strap the code into Indayn.conf in the Asus router.

This may be a stupid question, but Would it be possible for Inadyn to get a query of a WAN-IP from let's say another router?

That you could in some way let Inadyn SSH to the router you have connected to the incoming connection and extract WAN-IP from the NVRAM of the external router? And how would that possibly look?

So the question is
1. Is inadyn able to execute SSH commands to log into my RT-N66u via SSH, grep the WAN-IP info from the NVRAM?

Or am I in the woods about this?

//Sin89
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: