pin hole leak where heater element comes thru assembly

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
epipeinfo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:09    Post subject: pin hole leak where heater element comes thru assembly Reply with quote
10 yr old Regal hot tub. Heater element (110V) appears to be is glued in stainless assembly tube. And right by one of the prongs that come thru the stainless housing into the heater control box there is a pinhole leak leak. So when pump is on high it drips.

How can I fix this? The hole is not visible to human eye. The element is still good. And how do you remove the heater element when it is glued into the assembly? I noticed replacement heater elements appear to be connect with a washer and nut.

BTW this leak started after the hot tub ran up to 110F.

Thx
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 14:47    Post subject: Re: pin hole leak where heater element comes thru assembly Reply with quote
epipeinfo wrote:
10 yr old Regal hot tub. Heater element (110V) appears to be is glued in stainless assembly tube. And right by one of the prongs that come thru the stainless housing into the heater control box there is a pinhole leak leak. So when pump is on high it drips.

How can I fix this? The hole is not visible to human eye. The element is still good. And how do you remove the heater element when it is glued into the assembly? I noticed replacement heater elements appear to be connect with a washer and nut.

BTW this leak started after the hot tub ran up to 110F.

Thx

With JTAG cable hooked up to the pump. Erase heater element variables first.

:lol:

Navigation

Jump to: