No reset on Buffalo WZR-GS-G54

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
audriusv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 18:58    Post subject: No reset on Buffalo WZR-GS-G54 Reply with quote
Hi,

lost password for root. Hardware reset button do not work (old dd-wrt firmware). tftp do not work. What to do, please help!!!

Audrius
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try flashing a newer build with tftp. Why doesn't that work? It doesn't require a password.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
audriusv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Try flashing a newer build with tftp. Why doesn't that work? It doesn't require a password.

I am trying to do that but without luck... can not flash with tftp... Trying do that almost a week now... I remember that first time flashing was also not easy but I succeeded. Now it not taking any firmware. I am trying with micro.
What else I can do?
MichelG
DD-WRT Guru

Location: Galati - RO / Kishinev - MD / Geneva - CH / Tarragona - E

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation#WZR-RS-G54_Specifics
All Senao EOC-2610 V1.10 Std 15362 BS
1x UBNT Bullet 2 - RP 18dB Panel - 11Mbps - 13Km link
audriusv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
MichelG wrote:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation#WZR-RS-G54_Specifics

:-) I know how to flash... Problem is that router now has DD-WRT version that do not respond to reset button and are problematic to upgrade through tftp... Maybe someone already have had this problem and know exact moment when I have to put image or know some other ways to deal with it? Password was lost so I can not login by web or ssh. Router is working without problems, I know his IP but can not reset...
HELP!
DummyPLUG
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try Tomato and Openwrt, both can reset
audriusv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
DummyPLUG wrote:

Yes, but how can I put them in my router? I know how to do it in general, please be more specific in regards to WZR-RS-G54 router, please. What exact time I have to issue put command for example, or what I have to push to reset router to default...?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
You might have to use a jtag or a serial cable to erase your nvram. If you can't put dd-wrt on with tftp following the steps at note 11 of the peacock announcement, you likely can't put tomato on either. However you should try tftp linksys oem firmware.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
You could use the exploit that exists in the old firmware.

BrainSlayer Builds

DD-WRT Changelog RSS Feed
DummyPLUG
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
audriusv wrote:
DummyPLUG wrote:

Yes, but how can I put them in my router? I know how to do it in general, please be more specific in regards to WZR-RS-G54 router, please. What exact time I have to issue put command for example, or what I have to push to reset router to default...?

use tftp method, then reset it.
set your pc to 192.168.1.100 net mask 255.255.255.0 (may be 192.168.10/11.100, can remember correctly), then power up the WZR, within about 5 second (take a look at the diag led, tftp the tomato/openwrt image to the WZR. Beware this may semi brick your WZR, if so, you need a JTAG/serial to rescure it. My WZR brick when change from tomato back to DD-WRT.
audriusv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
autobot wrote:
You could use the exploit that exists in the old firmware.

Could you please be more specific? What exploit can I use? It would be very nice to have back this router...
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can read about the exploit here, then use the exploit to reset the router by sending the proper nvram command.

BrainSlayer Builds

LLigetfa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
audriusv wrote:
Murrkf wrote:

I am trying to do that but without luck... can not flash with tftp... Trying do that almost a week now... I remember that first time flashing was also not easy but I succeeded. Now it not taking any firmware. I am trying with micro.
What else I can do?
What IP are you trying to flash to? ISTR the default IP on Buffalo before booting is something like 192.168.11.1 and not the 192.168.1.1 it is after it finishes booting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
autobot wrote:
You can read about the exploit here, then use the exploit to reset the router by sending the proper nvram command.

Thank you!
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're welcome.

BrainSlayer Builds

Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: