Linksys DD-WRT as WDS for Avaya VoIP phone, VLAN help

PCW1980
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 20:44    Post subject: Linksys DD-WRT as WDS for Avaya VoIP phone, VLAN help Reply with quote
Hi all.

I want to put an Avaya IP phone in a location not easily accessible.

I have a switch, already trunked with VLAN2. I want to connect a linksys wrt-54g router to the switch, and on the far side of the warehouse, place another linksys wrt54g router with an Avaya IP phone connected to it.

the routers are in WDS mode since I need DHCP from my DHCP server to hand out addresses to the phones.

my problem is, the phone can't see anything on the VLAN 2, which is where the phone system resides.

when I boot the phone up, it picks up a DHCP address from VLAN 0, where my data side resides.

how can I configure the DD-WRT settings to allow VLAN2 to be used? I went to VLAN tab, and enabled trunking, and selected VLAN 2 for all ports.

thanks in advance.
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
On the main dd-wrt router you need to create a bridge and then assign the wds interface and vlan2 to that bridge on the networking page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: