D-Link DIR-615

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
FilipeAmadeuO
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello.
I have a DIR-615 revision D4 and i managed to install DD-WRT for version D.
The problem is that the 3Mb file does not have client bridge function.
Is this normal ? Is there any better version ?
Thanks
Sponsor
teddybw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:09    Post subject: Success finally Reply with quote
Last week I failed to flash the firmware to dd-wrt, I asked for help but no reply so far. Hence, I decided to give it another try myself this time. Miraculously, it goes through flawlessly under Google Chrome. My OS is Arch Linux and I have C1 version.

Cheers,
teddybw
Edtek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:23    Post subject: Re: Success finally Reply with quote
teddybw wrote:
Last week I failed to flash the firmware to dd-wrt, I asked for help but no reply so far. Hence, I decided to give it another try myself this time. Miraculously, it goes through flawlessly under Google Chrome. My OS is Arch Linux and I have C1 version.

Cheers,
teddybw

Are you able to attain a WAN IP Address from your provider once it is flashed?

I still have everything flashed, but I can not get an IP no matter what I do.
Hardlin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 18:05    Post subject: Unable to successfully flash a DIR-615 E3 Reply with quote
I have downloaded the latest DD-WRT for the device (v24 preSP2 build 14896 according to the Router Database). I compared the model number in the vendor bin with the dd-wrt bin and they match (even tried prefixing it with 00 and 01). I get the D-Link message that I have the wrong firmware for the device every time. I've tried the update on Win7 32bit, 64bit, XP 32bit and Vista 32bit with IE, Chrome, Opera and Firefox.

I have a feeling I'm doing something inherently wrong but I can't seem to find where the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

Update: I have managed to get to the Emergency Room page but it generates an error (can't find page) as soon as I click send to upload the firmware.
eenduiker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 13:17    Post subject: Reboot Necessary Reply with quote
FadeToBlack wrote:
Sousapro wrote:
my router (rev. c1) keeps dropping the WAN connection and is refusing to reconnect unless I hard reset it. does anyone have any ideas why?

Have you tried to reset your PC?
I have this problem where I think the router is to blame, but I reset my PC and it works.

Sound a awful lot like this:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Router_Slowdown
jets
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:28    Post subject: Re: Success finally Reply with quote
I have a similar problem to yours here is a quote of my original post, maybe it should be under this thread:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:31 am Post subject: DIR 615-C1 drops PPPoE WAN connection. Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post
I have read a few threads like this but here are some more details.

My router is a Dlink DIR 615C1, it is running the latest DD-WRT firmware v24-SP2 STD build 14896 (08/07/10). My ISP is a PPPoE in North America.

At first when I re-flash the router with the latest version it connects to my IPS and for 10 to 20 minutes all is OK. Then the connection drops, when I go to restart the connection it works one time but drops almost immediately in 1-2 minutes. Then when I try to reconnect to the modem (ISP) again it will not connect.

For whatever reason my WAN connection crashes. When I remove the router and put the Linksys WRT54G v6 (running DD WRT micro) all is well.

I do the common things like reset the modem and switches plus devices on the network. I have never cloned the MAC addresses for either router to my modem.

I investigated a bit further and looked at the settings in the Linksys and the Dlink routers. I noticed under the Setup->Networking->Port Setup-> WAN port Assignment, in each of the routers is as follows:
Linksys = Vlan1
Dlink = eth1
There is no option to set the Dlink to Vlan1, could this be the problem, and if so is there a work around?

ADD: I also noticed that the WiFi would slow right down to 1Mb from 54.

Please help!

Thanks, Joe

Cheers,
teddybw[/quote]

Are you able to attain a WAN IP Address from your provider once it is flashed?

I still have everything flashed, but I can not get an IP no matter what I do.[/quote]
d3spis3m3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:35    Post subject: Re: Problems with wireless bridge mode? Reply with quote
kmical wrote:
I'm running a DIR-615C1 flashed to the latest DD-WRT firmware. I've followed the guides to use the 615 as a wireless bridge to my TP-Link TL-1043ND. I've got a laptop hooked up to the 615 for testing/comfiguration.

My T-Link (main router) has an IP of 192.168.0.1
The DIR-615 is set with an IP of 192.168.0.2
The T-link has a static IP reserved for the 615's IP and MAC address.

If I have my laptop wired connection set to DHCP, I do not have Internet access when connected via ethernet to the 615. I CAN access the 615 at 192.168.0.2. I can see the T-Link router as an AP in the Wireless Status window from the 615, and can join the network.

However, an IPCONFIG shows that the laptop still lacks an 192.168.0.x IP address ... and cannot get to the Internet or ping 192.168.0.1

Ideas?

Try putting the dir-615 on a different subnet... 192.168.1.0

And like most routers... you cant bridge them on the same subnet.
Tabris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
So my housemate decided to reset the router for some silly reason.

Since he got rid of all the settings, our connection via wifi constantly drops and is a lot slower on the whole.

I've forgotten all the settings I made back in April when I first installed dd-wrt. Smooth move on his part...
minhneo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello.
I have a DIR-615 revision C2 and I managed to install DD-WRT for version C.
I used Mixed N/G mode. The problem is Router is work only 802.11G.

Please help me. Thanks!
wumpus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:56    Post subject: Please update the Wiki! Reply with quote
The advice about editing the end of the firmware doesn't exist in many of the wiki pages about this hardware. I created a 615 E3 page with the exact details -- please, if you have another hw rev, edit its wiki page to add editing details.
stanace
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:55    Post subject: Re: 802.11n not working Reply with quote
laotzu wrote:
Hi all
But now I noticed that my previously functioning 802.11n connections have dropped down to 802.11g connection speeds.

Previously with stock firmware, the connection was consistently 802.11n. I tried setting the mode to Mixed G/N and N-only. In N-only mode the 802.11n client can't connect at all.

Is there some config setting that works or is this a bug?
Thanks in advance

I have this issue as well.
I currently have the wireless configured as such:
NG-Mixed
CTS Protection
RTS Disabled
ACK 1500
TX/RX Chains 1+3
WPA2-TKIP Encryption

However, N-enabled wireless clients can only connect using 802.11g
This is on a DIR-615 Rev. C1, DD-WRT v24 preSP2 Build 14896
erwingrey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
try WPA2-AES encription

In the absence of certification of the 802.11n standard in Russia, for example, many laptops with Wi-Fi chip based Atheros AR9xxx come with a locked support n-standard.
To activate it you have several options:

1.Flashing EEPROM (the most reliable method, but there is little risk to spoil the chip)
(For users of Windows Vista / 7 x64) Disable validation of digital signatures of drivers by pressing F8 before booting the system and selecting the corresponding item.
Download and extract the EEPROM tool for Atheros 9k cards (Version of 09.12.2010)
Start atheros_eeprom_tool.exe
Select "Read EEPROM".
Specify the path to save the dump (by clicking on the "Open").
Click on "READ".
Save the dump in a safe place (in case of any errors).
Select "Write EEPROM".
Specify the path to the newly saved dump of EEPROM (just clicking on the "Open").
Click on "Modes and Channels", read the warning and select "Yes".
Section "Modes" tick off items "802.11n (20MHz)" and "802.11n (40MHz)" to 2.4GHz, and if your adapter poddezhivaet range of 5GHz, then check the same checkbox for it (if you do not know the exact characteristics your card, you too can celebrate both ranges).
In the "Channels" choose "0x67" and click "OK".
Make sure the checkbox "Use custom modes and channels" is checked and click "WRITE".
Reboot the system.

2.Installing the patched drivers (less reliable method, but without the risk of spoiling the map. Is also useful in case of failure by firmware)
Get a set of patched drivers (supported by WinXP-32, Win7-32, Win7-64. At the root of the archive is a driver for WinXP, in a folder Win7_900202 for Win7).
(For users Windows7 x64) Download the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider, activate test mode and sign the file athrx.sys according to the instructions on the link (plus a small instruction in Russian).
Open Device Manager (Win R-> devmgmt.msc-> Enter).
In the section "Network adapters", right click on the name of your card and click "Update Driver Software ..." or similar.
You must manually install the driver, and therefore refuse to automatically search for drivers on the internet or in the selected folder.
After the installation reboot.

FAQ:
Q: After flashing the 802.11n has not earned or gained at a speed of 65Mbps.
A: Check your Wi-Fi. The 802.11n standard requires the use WPA2-PSK AES. For maximum speed is recommended to use the bandwidth and 40MHz channels 1 through 9.

Q: After flashing the card never worked. In Device Manager it "hangs" with an exclamation point.
A: To restore the health card you can try the attached patched drivers (especially if the value RegDmn in the section "Modes and Channels" was set manually) and then install them flash the original dump.

Q: Can I activate the support band 5GHz noting the appropriate checkboxes in the section "Modes and Channels"?
A: Nope. These settings have no effect on the card without the support 5GHz band.

If you have problems, please upload a dump of its EEPROM, specify the device ID (Section Details-> Hardware Ids in the device properties in Device Manager) and the full text of the error

Serviceability checked on the cards with the following chips:
AR9280 (DevID = 0x2A)
AR9281 (DevID = 0x2A)
AR9283 (DevID = 0x2A)
AR9285 (DevID = 0x2B)
AR9287 (DevID = 0x2E)

P.S. Many thanks Vladislav_A for help in testing, modifying drivers and writing guides.

google.translate

http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=14:51536 (c)

EEPROM tool for Atheros 9k cards http://rghost.ru/2603267

patched drivers http://rghost.ru/2501075

driver signature enforcment overrider http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo

Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (DSEO) - the program allows you to use Windows Vista, Windows 2008 and Windows 7 unsigned device drivers (not digitally signed). It does not change the operating system files, and so it is safe to use.

Procedure:

Turn the test mode, the radio button for "Enable Test Mode". By the way, just note that here also provides the opposite effect "Disable Test Mode", disables the test mode.

Now you need to add captions to untested system files. To do this, select "Sign a System File" and enter the filename including full path. For example, if the driver file ATITool64.sys located in the directory C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Drivers, then you need to specify C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Drivers \ ATITool64.sys. If you need to sign several files, then simply repeat this procedure several times. Restart the computer.
mkaz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:21    Post subject: DIR-615 Rev. E and TX Power Reply with quote
After changing the hardware ID to match my router, I successfully installed DD-WRT v24 SP2 build 14896 on my DIR-615 Rev. E router.

Router is up and running. It seems to get 'stuck' during some of the automatic restarts triggered by parameter updates but will come up fine with correct values when powered down and up again.

Under Advanced Settings in wireless setup the TX Power can be changed and is saved and displayed correctly.

The wireless status page though always shows TX Power 20dBm, regardless of the currently set value.
A wirelessly connected system in a static location seems to have less signal strength and speed after the installation of DD-WRT.

Any ideas?
Siniy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:25    Post subject: Re: DIR-615 Rev. E and TX Power Reply with quote
mkaz wrote:

A wirelessly connected system in a static location seems to have less signal strength and speed after the installation of DD-WRT.

Here is my WIFI settings. I get 5megabytes/sec with my intel 5965agn in N mode.
http://floomby.ru/content/8CfMcLRvO0/full/
minhneo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:23    Post subject: Re: DIR-615 Rev. E and TX Power Reply with quote
Siniy wrote:
mkaz wrote:

Here is my WIFI settings. I get 5megabytes/sec with my intel 5965agn in N mode.
http://floomby.ru/content/8CfMcLRvO0/full/

Wireless Security?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29, 30, 31  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 16 of 31
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: