USR5461 stuck in wireless repeater mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jznomoney
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 18:02    Post subject: USR5461 stuck in wireless repeater mode Reply with quote
I have a usr5461 set in a wireless repeater mode. When I boot it up it automatically connects to my wireless router. It will allow wirless devices connected to it to get an ip address. Problem is now I cannot access the router itself from it's preconfigured ip address. Is there a way to hard reset this device or clear the nvram somehow? Even with a lan line connected to it I cannot ping the device. All it does is join it to my main network. I have tried disabled the wifi connection on my main router and it still fails. Can someone please help me? It is running ddwrt. I forget which version. It's from sometime this year though.
Sponsor
Pied Piper
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Put a static IP on your computer on the same subnet as the USR connecting to the router with a cable. Unplug the other router.
jznomoney
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried that, well i just disabled the wireless on the other router so they wouldn't connect to each other. It's on the same subnet as the usr5461 router. The other router wrt54g assigns the ip address to every device including the one's connected to the wireless repeater. My wrt54g ssid is ddwrt and the usr5461 is ddrt_vap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: