TP-Link WR-1043ND

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 162, 163, 164  Next
nyllet83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
nyllet83 wrote:
I have tried mtd -e linux-r write / path to file / bios.bin linux and it don't work.
Please help me.

No spaces in your /filepath/filename
mtd -e linux -r write /path/filename linux

Thank you very much.
I'll think I wait until dd-wrt is more stable. I have v1.7 and had alot of problems. I couldn't connect with wifi if i selected n-only or gn-mixed, with wired connection I only got 10Mbit/s (tried cat 5e and cat 6 cables).
Sponsor
scottath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 16:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
does no-one have experience with a client bridge with 2 of these routers?
iddqd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
scottath wrote:
does no-one have experience with a client bridge with 2 of these routers?

I use mine as a client bridge in combination with a Sitecom WL-173. Works fine.

Edit: Works fine with builds <14311, see this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=73937
scottath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
i found that thread a while ago - and tried to find a 14311 build - its not on the ftp anymore.

i thin tried 14289 and i was still having dropouts.....

anyone happen to have a 14311 build in their download folder still ?

ill try some more of the earlier ones than that failing i guess....
scottath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
running build 14144 on both of the routers 9main and client) and its still disconnecting.......

anyone happen to have 14311 still around?
newhand123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 15:06    Post subject: database search 14311 firmware Reply with quote
From here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database
Use keyword "tp-link" search database, you can get
14311 firmware there.

newhand123
scottath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for that - didnt even think of that search.

DLing now - hope it fixes my issues.
scottath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
still glitching - but its ALOT better than the other builds ive tried.

i'll fiddle with the wireless settings now i guess.
DerUltrazauberer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now I have this router and it works perfect for me, except one thing:

The cpu load is allways about 95% with the latest built 14929:

See pictures of this. Seems that the http deamon is the problem.

Hope anyone can say something about that. Router was flashed, then I did a 30/30/30 reset and after that I configured all. Reboot doesn't solve the problem.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess this is the old http bug that is also present in dd-wrt Broadcom builds, you can not use http and https at the same time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, I will test it! I unchecked https and watching now the load of the cpu...
brendon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi, after using dd-wrt on various "la fonera" for many years i threw away my old router and bought this one... flashed yesterday out of the box with latest build and so far everything's fine ;)

great job
Christer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 21:49    Post subject: DD-WRT Wireless on TP-Link WR1043ND... Reply with quote
scottath wrote:
Hey all,

Ive been running a client bridge between my TP-Link 1043ND and a 941ND i have for a good while now.

1043 is the main router with the 941 acting as a bridge and as a repeater for the wifi.

I just got another 1043 with the intention of putting it in my case as a "wifi card" and as a gigabit link to my new itx server that is also going in my case (see project in sig)

Issue is that i cannot get the link between the 2 1043s stable.
It continually drops packets and alot more so when gaming - and thats QUITE annoying.

Has anyone had any experience with trouble shooting this sort of thing?

Ive tried location, signal strength, 6 firmware version, swapped routers (swapped the 2 1043's roles) and still no where.

i got it good for about an hour last night - but thats the best ive managed.

this is my network layout if it helps:

Main router = 192.168.1.1
XBox router = 192.168.1.2
Server/sig router = 192.168.1.5 (for now - will be 3)

SSID of all is the same
Same channel (as the 2 connect to the main router as a client)
All WPA2-PSK

Main router = the central hub.
Xbox router = a client on the main router, repeats signal for study computer + Wii
Sig rig router = a client on the main router, no repeating - only a bridge to the internal gigabit switch

Think of the 2 routers as a laptop thats connected to the wifi and bridges that wifi to its ethernet port (or in the case of the xbox router, to both the ethernet port and to wifi)

Additionally the Xbox router works perfectly - im only having issues with the new 1043ND.

It seems that it has issues only if there are extra clients on the main router.....

if anyone else has had this please do chime in - im just going to be aimlessly fiddling with it otherwise[/img]

I've searched the Internet up&down for a solution regarding this WR-1043ND router and the connection issues with wireless.

The problem is both the router and the Windows 7 system. If you set the routers Advanced Wireless settings you will get a stable connection, but it will operate at reduced capacity.

I have this router myself, and tried to use DD-WRT, but as it did not keep the wireless connection properly I flashed it back to it's original firmware, and got into the advanced settings and changed the settings for RTS, Beacon Interval and Fragmentation. Now it operates with a stable wireless connection, but not at full bandwidth.

How to do it?
Look here: http://besthubris.com/computers-internet/windows-randomly-disconnects-wireless-network-solution/comment-page-1/#comment-872

By the way, could someone please test this guys settings with DD-WRT and see if it stabilizes the wireless connection with Win 7?

I would appreciate if someone came back with an answer and a little "test-report"
Feel free to use Speedtest.net for your wireless. Very Happy
scottath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
mines still disconnecting - with Windows its maybe every 2hrs
when playing on xbox live last night it disconnected 5 times in 15min.....

i'll give the settings in that thread a go when i get home from uni tonight.

On a side note - all the systems using my routers at home are Windows 7 except my dads laptop which is XP (7 W7 machines)

My routers work perfectly as a wireless router - only having the issues with the client bridge - i will try them nevertheless.
DerUltrazauberer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:47    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT Wireless on TP-Link WR1043ND... Reply with quote
Christer wrote:

I've searched the Internet up&down for a solution regarding this WR-1043ND router and the connection issues with wireless.

The problem is both the router and the Windows 7 system. If you set the routers Advanced Wireless settings you will get a stable connection, but it will operate at reduced capacity.

I have this router myself, and tried to use DD-WRT, but as it did not keep the wireless connection properly I flashed it back to it's original firmware, and got into the advanced settings and changed the settings for RTS, Beacon Interval and Fragmentation. Now it operates with a stable wireless connection, but not at full bandwidth.

How to do it?
Look here: http://besthubris.com/computers-internet/windows-randomly-disconnects-wireless-network-solution/comment-page-1/#comment-872

By the way, could someone please test this guys settings with DD-WRT and see if it stabilizes the wireless connection with Win 7?

I would appreciate if someone came back with an answer and a little "test-report"
Feel free to use Speedtest.net for your wireless. Very Happy

Now with unchecked HTTPS (just HTTP access) all is working fine with this router. Very good signal strength (I can say I'll prefer broadcom chipsets since the Atheros in the DIR825 was a total fail), but the 1043ND surprised me in a positiv way. Now I think I can change my old WRT54GL and get another 1043ND!

Wireless is very good. Speeds are great (about 9MB/s while connected @ 130MBit/s). Sorry, I didn't tested connections higher than 130MBit/s because I have many 54g devices so the bandwith is reduced to 20MHz. But I was surprised, that my Win7 Laptop can use a stable connection @ 130MBit/s. My Asus WL500W can't uses 2 different speed when 54g devices were connected. So I'm very satisfied with the 1043ND (Rev 1.7)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 162, 163, 164  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 41 of 164
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: