Help connect D'link Dir-615 to D'link Dir-615

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
denisaok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 23:02    Post subject: Help connect D'link Dir-615 to D'link Dir-615 Reply with quote
Hi All

My first post and i already need help.
I have 2 D'link Dir-615vD4 and I have flashed them with the latest F/W dlink-dir615d-factory-webflash from this site.
I am trying to link the two together so that one acts as a repeater I think that's the right term but i cant find any idiot proof guide on how to connect them can anyone help.
Thanks in advance
denisaok
Sponsor
mut3d
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there is a howto here.

There are a few problems with repeater bridge mode one being security i cant seem to use wep or wpa/2 but you can use hide ssid and mac filtering. On your repeater bridge you wont see the connection to the access point on the bridges status pages.

oh and be sure to use the 14311 firmware from the router database.

any problems let me know.

Last edited by mut3d on Sat Sep 11, 2010 18:10; edited 1 time in total
denisaok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply mut3d i have been away. Can you post the link again as it seems dead
denisaok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:47    Post subject: D'link Dir-615 Repeater Reply with quote
Hi All
I found this guide and setup work first time
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater
mut3d
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
hah thats because i put 2 http:// in lol sorry about that ive updated it now glad to see you got it working did you have any problems at all?
denisaok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
It worked first time could not believe it when I saw I had a connection I thought I was connected to the main router not sure if the lan side of it works have not tested that yet but I don't use it upstairs so dose not matter if its not
mut3d
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
well wd i think my problem was trying to connect to a broadcom device mixing chipsets
Vanila
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 16:53    Post subject: Client bridging: Dlink DIR615 H/W D2 to DIR615 H/W D2 Reply with quote
Have 2 Dlink615 D2 units A&B. Need to link two separate cable networks. RouterA is connected to 8port switch as is a broadband modem DHCP on. RouterA has DHCP off and acts as wireless AP. Sucessfully loaded DD-WRT V24-sp2(08/07/10)build14896 on Router B. When networks on separate subnets x.x.1.1 & x.x.2.1 and set up in Client Mode internet access was acheived but files could not be shared.

Followed New wiki client bridge info but couldn't find Client Bridge mode under wireless settings, only AP,Client,ADhoc,repeater,repeater bridge.
Q1, is there a Client bridge mode in another build if so which one?
Q2 - should cable networks be on same sub net to share files, should DHCP be on or off on RouterB?

Q3 - What is the best way to set up a wireless bridge between the two networks so files and internet can be shared?
Vanila
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:52    Post subject: connecting dlink 615 to Dlink 615 to form a network bridge Reply with quote
Further to my post re where is Client Bridge mode.
Using build V24 sp2 14896 - there are only the modes AP,Client,adhoc,Repeater, and repeater bridge.

The wiki wireless bridge page says you need client bridge - which isn't listed! I tried client with no sucess. Then I tried repeater bridge mode - it now works.

With a PC connected to a lan port of router A - it sees both the internet and other PCs on the other side. A Broadband router provides DHCP and has IP of 192.168.1.1 - connected to this is Router A a DIR 615 acting as an AP with IP 192.168.1.102. Router B acting as the bridge with DD-wrt in repeater bridge mode has an IP of 192.168.1.103 - the W7 PC connected finds its IP automatically and sees both other PCs files and the internet.
mut3d
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey glad you got it sorted ive just seen this and was going to say try repeater bridge mode well done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: