Optware ASUS 500gP second USB Drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
osyrixx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 18:29    Post subject: Optware ASUS 500gP second USB Drive Reply with quote
Hi, I installed Optware on my USB pendrive and it`s working as long as I only connect this pendrive to one of the two USB-Ports of my ASUS. As soon as I connect a second one /opt is mounted to this one and thus Optware stops working. Within web-interface under Services -> USB I enabled USB automount to /opt. If I disable this, neither Optware nor the second pendrive will be automatically recognized by DD-WRT.

How can I automount the fist USB-pendrive (with Optware on it) to /opt and the second to (lets say) /mnt?
Any ideas?
Thanks

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega - build 14929
Sponsor
Masterman
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 22:03    Post subject: Re: Optware ASUS 500gP second USB Drive Reply with quote
osyrixx wrote:
Hi, I installed Optware on my USB pendrive and it`s working as long as I only connect this pendrive to one of the two USB-Ports of my ASUS. As soon as I connect a second one /opt is mounted to this one and thus Optware stops working. Within web-interface under Services -> USB I enabled USB automount to /opt. If I disable this, neither Optware nor the second pendrive will be automatically recognized by DD-WRT.

How can I automount the fist USB-pendrive (with Optware on it) to /opt and the second to (lets say) /mnt?
Any ideas?
Thanks

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega - build 14929

do you have a Data (/mnt) partition on your pendrive? If so, either reformat or use a LVM proggy to get rid of it. Plug the USB pendrive in, let it recognize, and then plug the other drive in.

You cannot have two /mnt points..

Asus RT-N10
Asus RT-N12
Asus RT-N16 x5
Asus WL520gU
Engenious ECB350
Linksys WRT600Nv1.1
Linksys WRT610Nv1
Linksys E2000
Netgear WNDR3300
SonicWall NSA220W
SonicWall TZ215W
SonicWall TZ205W
SonicWall TZ105W
gruenesAlien
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
HDsamba takes care to mount the very same drive to the very same mountpoint.
osyrixx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don`t have a special DATA partition on the pendrive with Optware on it. Just swap and another big one. The other pendrive is fat formatted.
HDsamba is worth seeing. It allows me to...
# Provides an easy way to handle multiple USB-drives
# Mounts your Optware partition for you
# Mounts your Swap partition for you
# Mounts your NAS partition for you
I think that`s what I needed. Optware can`t provide me this on the fly (with some config changes)?
mpz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 23:54    Post subject: Re: Optware ASUS 500gP second USB Drive Reply with quote
Masterman wrote:
do you have a Data (/mnt) partition on your pendrive? If so, either reformat or use a LVM proggy to get rid of it. Plug the USB pendrive in, let it recognize, and then plug the other drive in.

You cannot have two /mnt points..

I hate to revive old thread but I have a same problem only my mount point is /opt and I do have a Root, Swap, Optware and Data partitions. Is there really no way to keep dd-wrt from auto-mounting second drive? I'm happy to add startup script to mount second drive on /mnt vs /opt as specified in the GUI.
mpz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
After more hours than I want to admit, I found a solution for my RT-N16 running 14929 with help from:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/USB_storage
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=656298

I had to enable Automatic Drive Mount which, unfortunately, mounts both drives to /opt. Looking in /dev/discs/disk1/ I got my partition name of the second drive (it only has one in my case). After that, it's just a matter of un-mounting second drive partition from /opt and re-mounting to /mnt
Code:
# Allow USB automount to finish
sleep 15
# With 2 USB drives, both will mount on /opt so remove later
umount /opt
# Re-mount second drive this time on /mnt
mount -o noatime /dev/discs/disc1/disc /mnt

Hope this helps someone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: