HOWTO: REPEATER MODE in atheros

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Mordak
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
jakie wrote:
this is indeed a repeater bridge instead of a pure repeater where there are two separated subnets. any guide there? thx
I don't know, have you searched the wiki and done some Google searches of this forum?

FYI: Google searches the forums better than the site search does. Cool

ASUS AC3200
Linksys WRT32X
Linksys WRT3200 ACM
Sponsor
Mordak
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
two0426 wrote:
Firstly, Wing Clip and Concussive Shot offer you a great means of slowing down fleeing mobs. Cheap wow gold buy wow power leveling aion wedding dresses The cheapest World of Warcraft gold is offered in our website. If you know a mob will run at low health, Secondly, When your group must fight numerous enemies, You should use Volley Explosive Trap and immediately damage them. By the way, you can enjoy professional WoW powerleveling here. A Warlock or Mage will Normally do the majority of the area of effect damage in a group, but that doesn't mean your help won't be appreciated. Stay out of combat until the caster starts to AoE, then drop an explosive trap right in the middle of the group of mobs you're fighting. Afterward, back off and use Volley on them. Sometimes your Mage might prefer that you drop a Frost Trap to slow the mobs down, therefore he can AoE kite them. If you have the Survival talent Entrapment, this can be a very effective tactic. xqqyayaoh That is all, thank you for reading see you next time.zdm.
You don't say.... very intriguing.

ASUS AC3200
Linksys WRT32X
Linksys WRT3200 ACM
Hale
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is CTS/RTS control a good thing to enable in Client-NAT-VAP repeating mode?
I am afraid of collisions and falling out clients... It is really difficult to check in my situation, but I think I have such issues with signal and clients....

maybe only CTS is enough? what adv/disadvantages are there for link control(protection)?
Passer-by
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 22:18    Post subject: Re: howto: REPEATER MODE in atheros Reply with quote
chris wrote:

The new VAP is only available, if the client interface is logged into the other (to be repeated) ap.

If you are used to Broadcom based firmwares, that's a difference.

Is there any way to get the Atheros to keep the VAP available even when the client interface is not logged into the other ap, please?

I sometimes need it to be so I can long-in to the router via wifi to change the configuration to make it connect to the other ap.
chris240h
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:33    Post subject: DIR 300 fconfig not responding on boot script Reply with quote
Hi there,

On Dlink DIR-300. I type "fis load -l linux" then "exec" but nothing happens after i press enter.
The screen like this:

DD-WRT> fconfig
Run script at boot: true
Boot script:
Enter script, terminate with empty line
>> fis load -l linux
>> exec

What's wrong with this script? Cheers
tapata77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 16:09    Post subject: TL-WR1043ND slow download speed Reply with quote
Hi all,

I set TP-Link TL-WR1043ND router as a repeater /Client Bridge/ with this guide. Internet started, but the speed of download is very slow. Speed of upload is OK. If anyone can help me I would be very grateful
md80boy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 0:32    Post subject: WGT624 v4 Reply with quote
I can say that my newly flashed and configured Netgear WGT624 v4 is setup as shown in the pics below as a repeater bridge and works great! I haven't tried Wireless but I dont care because I'm setup the way below and even print to my wired printer. In fact, my speed is very fast too...see pic.
cyberslammer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=74992

I posted the thread above and I followed the instructions laid out here to do the repeater function...

Any clues on why I can't get an IP when I connect to the router using the site survey function?

Really would like to get this up and running!
aruffell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 21:36    Post subject: Re: howto: REPEATER MODE in atheros Reply with quote
Sash wrote:

we're here on atheros not broadcom. so there is noch repeater in the drop down! u will have to be a bit more creative. u will have to add a vap and set it up as ap while u connect the main interface to the source ap as client.

Do I really need to use a VAP if I have 2 simultaneous dual band routers such as the WNDR3700 and the DIR825? Before I upgraded the DIR825 I was running a CLIENT BRIDGE connection on the 5GHz band and running both 2.4GHz radios as APs. After the upgrade it stopped working... none of the instructions that I could find talk about dual band routers... can someone update them?

EDIT: I tried to setup WDS AP / WDS STATION on the 5GHz radios and 10 seconds later my network was back up and running. I guess this also means I am not slowing down the network for the other wireless clients as they can hook up to any of my other 2 2.4GHz APs (house is on multiple floors and being in Silicon Valley there is a jungle of wireless networks, thus lots of interference).
mrkek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:04    Post subject: Re: howto: REPEATER MODE in atheros Reply with quote
aruffell wrote:

Do I really need to use a VAP if I have 2 simultaneous dual band routers such as the WNDR3700 and the DIR825? Before I upgraded the DIR825 I was running a CLIENT BRIDGE connection on the 5GHz band and running both 2.4GHz radios as APs. After the upgrade it stopped working... none of the instructions that I could find talk about dual band routers... can someone update them?

EDIT: I tried to setup WDS AP / WDS STATION on the 5GHz radios and 10 seconds later my network was back up and running. I guess this also means I am not slowing down the network for the other wireless clients as they can hook up to any of my other 2 2.4GHz APs (house is on multiple floors and being in Silicon Valley there is a jungle of wireless networks, thus lots of interference).

If you are just trying to use the 2.4Gz as the AP, and the 5Ghz as the repeater, it will work fine, as the guide assumes only one band. You can assume the second band to be the VAP, but just configure it as per normal, you don't need to add another virtual device (you can if you want a 3rd one in this case).
m00nman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wondering if Client mode is still broken as of today? I have D-Link DIR-615 C1 and it does not want to connect to ANY router in client mode. Unfortunately I cannot use WDS since main routers do not support that.

Nethear R6300 v2 - Latest Kong dd-wrt always
Linksys E3000 - Latest dd-wrt always
Asus RT-N56U - OpenWRT trunk
H3llh0und
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
m00nman wrote:
Wondering if Client mode is still broken as of today? I have D-Link DIR-615 C1 and it does not want to connect to ANY router in client mode. Unfortunately I cannot use WDS since main routers do not support that.

I am no pro but it looks broken (a last on some devices) What happend if you set up client mode?
m00nman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
In site survey I can see all routers (there is 2 of each for some reason). I enter all the settings on wireless tab but it just won't connect to the AP.

H3llh0und
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
m00nman wrote:
In site survey I can see all routers (there is 2 of each for some reason). I enter all the settings on wireless tab but it just won't connect to the AP.

did you get 100% CPU in client bridge?
m00nman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Didnt notice that. I'll check when i get home. I'll also try a new build.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 15
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: