Static DHCP Feature request

Meestor_X
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:54    Post subject: Static DHCP Feature request Reply with quote
New user, loving the fantastic DD-WRT firmware in my WRT54GS! :)

I'd like to make a feature suggestion if I could.

Perhaps there's an easy way to do this, but I haven't found it...

The current procedure for entering clients into the Static DHCP table is a bit difficult. I have to manually type in the Mac address and I can't even easily cut/paste the Mac address from the clients list since the Mac address is a hyperlink. I have to write down the Mac address for each client and then manually enter it in the Static DHCP list. No biggie, but it could be a lot easier!

It would be nice if adding static DHCP clients was done in a way that you could just click a button beside any of the lists of LAN/WLAN clients in the Status screens to add that client to the list of static DHCP clients. The Mac and name would be filled in, along with it's current IP. The name and IP could be edited, of course.

I think there's a DLINK router that works that way.

Good idea?

-Andy.
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not bad idea so much, but then the devs would have to remove something to add something like that in. Better to have to type it in manually than have some other feature removed for this.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Meestor_X
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Not bad idea so much, but then the devs would have to remove something to add something like that in. Better to have to type it in manually than have some other feature removed for this.
Ah - I see. The memory is full, is it? Too bad. I'll never use the dozens of other features, but I'm sure others do.

Thanks for your reply! Smile
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's been suggested before and it would be rather trivial to implement (very little code at all) but I'm not sure if the devs ever saw it themselves. I don't see any ticket for it in trac so I've made one.

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/ticket/1693

Meestor_X
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
It's been suggested before and it would be rather trivial to implement (very little code at all) but I'm not sure if the devs ever saw it themselves. I don't see any ticket for it in trac so I've made one.

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/ticket/1693

Wow! Thank you very much!! Smile
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't get too excited, it's just a ticket and sash flooded the timeline with closed tickets so they might not even notice it...
skerik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
New to DD-WRT (just installed on a new Asus RT-N16, after running Tomato for years on a WRT54GL) and I'd love to see this feature too, as it's similar to what Tomato does for static IPs. Is there a way to add interest to a ticket to increase it's visibility or priority?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: