WZR-HP-G300NH support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
standard routing is stable, but wifi is not stable, trying to copy a 4gig file over the wifi ends up rebooting the router. testing this multiple times and there is multiple reboots. stock firmware is bit more stable but still results in router crash when doing heavy wifi.

may have to do 30/30/30 with next dd-wrt flash. when i went to dd-wrt i didnt do any sort of 30/30/30 but not sure how important it is.
Sponsor
deshwasi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
whats the ath9k driver for openwrt? is it separate from the image or is it already in the image? i see a openwrt-atheros-combined.jffs2-128k.img in the snapshot files. is it ok to use that?

i bought this router with sole purpose of running dd-wrt and will all the issues folks are having with diff builds here, i dont know what to flash.
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
this router is not good for dd-wrt usage, come to think of it its not good even with stock firmware.

install openwrt then install the ath9k wifi driver and your good to go.
findyourownpath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
slybunda, is there an easy way to upgrade to OpenWRT directly via mtd or otherwise?

slybunda wrote:
this router is not good for dd-wrt usage, come to think of it its not good even with stock firmware.

install openwrt then install the ath9k wifi driver and your good to go.
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
nop installing openwrt is no where near as easy as installing dd-wrt is. you got to read up on the openwrt forums. but once you manage it this router absolutly brilliant running openwrt. thanks to the ath9k driver support of openwrt you get rock solid wifi reliability and you can crank up the tx power to 29dbm and get some long range bridge links going.
findyourownpath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
slybunda, thank-you for your prompt reply. Wondering if you could lead me in the right direction in terms of a guide or something similar. I have tried searching google for the answer, but I think the only way to install OpenWRT would be via the mtd command, as the WZR-HP-301NH rejects the firmware via web and tftp upgrade.

slybunda wrote:
nop installing openwrt is no where near as easy as installing dd-wrt is. you got to read up on the openwrt forums. but once you manage it this router absolutly brilliant running openwrt. thanks to the ath9k driver support of openwrt you get rock solid wifi reliability and you can crank up the tx power to 29dbm and get some long range bridge links going.
deshwasi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
does it do client-bridge in openwrt? if yes, i would like to give it a shot.

@findyourownpath, did you follow the wiki at the website? i am not sure why you say it does not take it via tftp as thats how its listed in wiki
findyourownpath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
deshwasi, I followed the instructions found on the wiki -- but have the Japanese model (WZR-HP-G301HN) and from what I have read, it doesn't seem to allow tftp uploads.

That's why I think it might be best to try the mtd route, but I don't know which OpenWRT firmware would be compatible with the technique.

deshwasi wrote:
@findyourownpath, did you follow the wiki at the website? i am not sure why you say it does not take it via tftp as thats how its listed in wiki
lordgreg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,

so far, i'm pretty happy with this router. No problems whatsoever- except- I cant get nowhere close to 300mbps speed over wifi. Usually, I get connected with 144mbps and even then, it goes from 104 to 144mbps.

Even worse, when trying to copy 10GB of data, its speed doesnt go over 2MB/s (16mbit?!).

Is there something i'm doing wrong?

thanks all for your help!

regards,

Gregor
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
lordreg what firmware are you using, also to use 300mbps mode you need to be using 40mhz band.

using stock firmware on 20mhz band i get 7 megabytes per second transfer over the wifi to my N laptop. i didnt test out 40mhz band but im guessing it would be faster.
lordgreg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
slybunda wrote:
lordreg what firmware are you using, also to use 300mbps mode you need to be using 40mhz band.

using stock firmware on 20mhz band i get 7 megabytes per second transfer over the wifi to my N laptop. i didnt test out 40mhz band but im guessing it would be faster.

using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std

wifi settings:

ng-mixed, 40mhz (turbo). no changes in advanced settings for now :S
lordgreg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi-

I just updated my WZR-HP-G300NH to 14929 from 14896 and the bug still appears:

after being connected with 300mbit for around 5 minutes, the connection drops to 144mbits.

I've seen someone in this thread asking if previous build has this bug- yes, both 14929 and 14896 have them.

Can anyone suggest a proper 300mbit working version? Not sure what to do here, really.
robbiedobbie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have installed dd-wrt on this router 2 days ago. It runs stable. I also have installed samba3, vsftpd, php5 and lighttpd. Now I'm looking for mysql to run on this router but I can't find it.
Does anybody know how to install mysql on it?
Digital2d
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
A0 A3 model...installed DD-WRT 14896 from stock firmware.

Wireless drops randomly.
Cant up TX power.

All else well, that i noticed
devicemanager
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Digital2d wrote:
A0 A3 model...installed DD-WRT 14896 from stock firmware.

Wireless drops randomly.
Cant up TX power.

All else well, that i noticed

I have mine set to NG mixed, 20MHz channel width, Ch 10, and TX power shows 20dBm. Using the non-overlapping Ch 11 reduces power. IIRC Ch 6 offers the highest gain on this router, but if you have neighbors then I'm sure it's crowded.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 63, 64, 65  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 35 of 65
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: