dlink dir 615 repeater (help wanted)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
alps
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:41    Post subject: dlink dir 615 repeater (help wanted) Reply with quote
hey peeps....

ive got 2 dlink dir615 router and flashed them with dd wrt so i can extend my signal. Ive been through the process on the dd wrt site, and everything goes well until i get to the site survey to join my router it does not show up only my neighbours does. But when i look at the access point my router that i wanna join is there with a good signal. it does not show in site survey. i set the ssid broadcast name to enable and even changed my security to disable from wpa. All the settings on router1 is properly configured as in the security matches and the firewall is disabled.

so if ne1 has got ne ideas plz let me no i will b very gr8ful.... thank you!!!!
Sponsor
sanfrenchysco
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:46    Post subject: Re: dlink dir 615 repeater Reply with quote
alps wrote:
hey peeps....

ive got 2 dlink dir615 router and flashed them with dd wrt so i can extend my signal. Ive been through the process on the dd wrt site, and everything goes well until i get to the site survey to join my router it does not show up only my neighbours does. But when i look at the access point my router that i wanna join is there with a good signal. it does not show in site survey. i set the ssid broadcast name to enable and even changed my security to disable from wpa. All the settings on router1 is properly configured as in the security matches and the firewall is disabled.

so if ne1 has got ne ideas plz let me no i will b very gr8ful.... thank you!!!!

Yep I got the same 615 gear you do and had similar issues. Not everything works for me on that HW. The best build I know of is 14896.

Did you get an AP <-> Client Bridge working before trying to set a Repeater Client/Bridge ?
The bottom line is there is no silver bulet: if you want something more stable flash back DLink OEM FW.
fyi2000
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgrade to a more recent build and create WDS Link between the two routers.

WDS Linked router network - DD-WRT Wiki
sanfrenchysco
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 22:14    Post subject: Atheros WDS only Reply with quote
fyi2000 wrote:
Upgrade to a more recent build and create WDS Link between the two routers.

WDS Linked router network - DD-WRT Wiki

From http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Bridging
I see that Atheros Bridging is a mixed bag and that the prefered solution to connect two Atheros AP is WDS... I guess this also means no shared Client connections - Need another AP just for Clients!

Lucky I have a second set of N routers with Broadcom chipset but to this day DD-WRT is still useless on Belkin "Play" V1.
sanfrenchysco
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 23:37    Post subject: DIR-615-C1 on build 15693! >14896 Reply with quote
I have just tried a WDS link setup with two DIR615C1 and flashed the latest build 15693: the radio Tx behavior is non-operational (caped at 1Mb/s) while the Rx side picks-up 162Mb/s from the AP still runing build 14896.

At least with build 14896 the WDS link comes up for a while. Latest is not greatest.

I don't see a lot of improvement betweend having AP+BridgeClient vs. WDS AP/Client since Atheros chips are not so Bridge Client friendly. WiFi link operation is bad either way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: