Cannot Find the way to activate

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
AltaVega
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 14:55    Post subject: Cannot Find the way to activate Reply with quote
Hello there,

Been using DD WRT for some time now and today I decided to buy the Special Activation.

Now, it can seem a little weird, but it seems I can't find the "Activate" option under System Tab. :(

MY router is:
Router ModelLinksys WRT54G/GL/GS
CPU ModelBroadcom BCM5352 chip rev 0

And I have upgraded it with the latest special build available;

Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/27/10) std-special

I did a hard reset before upgrading (30/30/30) and the same after upgrading. Anyway I can't find the activation option on the WEB GUI interface.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
This key are valid for our Senao NOP8670,Avila Gateworks,X86,Compex WP188,Pronghorn SBC,Ovislink/Airlive,Accton,Wistron, Ubiquiti LS2,LS5,NS2,NS5,PS2 and PS5 DD-WRT distributions too please contact us at info@dd-wrt.com for getting more informations about our volume licensing program

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Sash for your promptly response.

Actually my product is "[8403402] DD-WRT V24 Special for Broadcom based devices", NOT the "[8403420] DD-WRT Professional Activation", so actually I was wrong and there was no activation needed, but I can't find the extra options on the firmware I downloaded from the announcements in this forum.

Quote:
DD-WRT V24 Special

Our special DD-WRT standard/micro distribution which an additional PPPOE-Relay (standard only), Per User Bandwith Control and Zero IP Hotspot.

I can't find those options, and especially the "Per User Bandwith Control" what I need the most.

So, sorry again for asking, but the firmware version I'm using (Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/27/10) std-special); does it need an activation or not? If it does need an activation, as I wrote earlier, I am not finding anything in all the Web GUI tabs and menus, there is no "activation" button/tab/option for me.

If this firmware version DOES NOT need an activation, could you, please, direct me to the appropriate menu/option/tab where I can find those extra options mentioned on the product page here

You guys are awesome, thanks again so much and sorry for the trouble![/url]
shizuo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
You don't need any activation for that. Bandwidth control is on NAT/QoS, QoS tab. You should be able to enter the Netmask or MAC and set the speed limits.
AltaVega
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
shizuo wrote:
You don't need any activation for that. Bandwidth control is on NAT/QoS, QoS tab. You should be able to enter the Netmask or MAC and set the speed limits.

Thank you very much shizou. That really helped a lot :)

Thanks again.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: