How to recover from a bad flash?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
fatjax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 17:46    Post subject: How to recover from a bad flash? Reply with quote
Hi. I have this Netgear WNDR3700 thats only a few days old. My pings were really latent over wireless so I wanted to try dd-wrt and see if the Netgear software may have been the problem, try and open it up if you will.

I uploaded the file that said initial flash and figured I'd run the Webflash after. I did that and when I ran the webflash upgrade the router lost connection over http.

I can still ping it and get my wireless signal but I cant http into it.

I read about the 30/30/30/, but this router does not have a reset button anywhere on it. I tried a power cycle but got nothing from it.

I'm just not sure what to do.
Sponsor
fatjax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok so maybe I'm a little slow. I found the reset button and did a 30/30/30. Router came back up to normal after about 6 minutes.

But now when I try to save any changes to my router I get a blank page and the changes dont save. But that doesnt matter because the connection over wireless now is very poor so I'll go back to the factory firmware.

thanks anyways
fatjax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok. maybe not. When I try to upgrade the firmware back to the Netgear firmware, dd-wrt says that I have chosen an invalid file. its an .img file.

What can I do about that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: