Have WNDR3700 would like to test any builds available

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 227, 228, 229  Next
jackietreehorn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed to 14815 from 1.0.4.55 stock firmware after a 30/30/30 reset. Unfortunately it was not very stable for me, I had to reset it once a day (Wireless connectivity on both 2.4 and 5 would be gone after a while). I tried to go back to Stock firmware by using ddwrt's admin menu, but my attempts at flashing both 1.0.4.68 and 1.0.4.55 failed (ddwrt gave an error).

I then flashed 1.0.4.68 by TFTP, this went good. However, both wireless radios were off after the flash. Even if I clicked 'Enable Wireless Router Radio' under Advanded Wireless Settings, it would be unclicked and the LED lights would stay off. Then I noticed that I had the FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF mac address on my router (corrupt caldata?). I then followed Nid_fr's instructions, with a modification of the last command. Here is a list of steps once again:

1-Flash 1.0.4.31. This is necessary, because you need to use telnet, as the default user/pass will not work on 1.0.4.55 or higher. I also flashed DDWRT back, but it was unresponsive even after hard resets.

2- Download telnetenable: http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/10602/NETGEAR-Telnet-Enable-Utility/

3- Download a caldata backup, for instance:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/uygtjgkmnnl/caldata
Copy it to a USB stick and put it in your router.

3- Run the following command:
Code:
telnetenable 192.168.1.1 FFFFFFFFFFFF Gearguy Geardo
If your MAC address is fine, then replace FFFFFFFFFFFF with your router's MAC address. You can find it under admin menu, or by running "arp -a"

4- Run the following command:
Code:
telnet 192.168.1.1
Now you shold be logged in.

5- Run the following commands:
Code:
cp /mnt/sda1/caldata /tmp
cd /tmp
mtd unlock caldata
mtd -r write caldata caldata

6- The router will reboot and you will have 2.4 and 5ghz back again. You can upgrade to 1.0.4.55 or .68 if you want.
I upgraded to .55, as there were some complaints on .68. I tried DDWRT as I desparately needed port translation (which is ridiculous that stock firmware does not have this feature). However, I will now wait until a stable release comes.
Sponsor
netbus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have installed 14815 and its working fine. But I am missing one important Feature for me called Radio Scheduling. Does anybody know why its Not implemented?

And my iPhone can Not connect itself to the router. I have always to enter the Security Key.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Isn't it about time you update the Router database page?

It's STILL the 04-23 image.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Forgot to post this before as well but here is the wireless settings for Atheros on the wiki.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Atheros/ath_wireless_settings

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
netbus wrote:
And my iPhone can Not connect itself to the router. I have always to enter the Security Key.

Well.. yeah thats the point of security key.. if the iPhone is not remembering it you turned that feature off on the iPhone, mine is fine.

cremersdh wrote:
I noticed the following (error??) .....

I have configured my Netgear WNDR3700 with dd-wrt (14815) with the WAN connection type disabled and have added this port to the switch by using "Assign Wan port to switch"

This all works, but the led of my "Wan" port (so now being a regular LAN port) is burning green, even though it is connected at 1G. I would have expected this to turn amber, like the other lan ports if they are connected at 1G.

Does anyone have made a script himself to change the WNDR3700 LED configuration (gpio) ?

Cause orange WAN LED means WAN is down and green is up regardless of link speed.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Kris404
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashed 14815 on my '01R21', everything looks good so far at:

ath0: 24 dBm
ath1: 23 dBm

But every time I change the wireless settings & apply, the router loses WAN IP.

Need to power cycle to get back online. Is there a workaround for this?
aluminumonkey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was having issues with 14815, any type of form data (dhcp reservations) would stay blank, even after a reboot. I decided to flash the stock firmware on it using the erase and tftp method. I was able able to force it to accept tftp connections by holding the reset button before plugging in power.

Everything looked to go well until it reboot. It didn't have the wireless LEDs on, I could not ping it, and could not get to the webgui.

I am guessing the erase linux command in telnet was the cause of all this. There are not many instructions on how to get the stock firmware back on for this model, so I did what I read.

Is there anyway to salvage this or would it be best to RMA it?
outfire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
reply aluminumonkey,

I presume that your wireless is not working now because you had did erase linux command.

To solve this, all you have to do is tftp stock firmware again. replace the caldata and your wireless should work again.

good luck
aluminumonkey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
outfire wrote:
reply aluminumonkey,

I presume that your wireless is not working now because you had did erase linux command.

To solve this, all you have to do is tftp stock firmware again. replace the caldata and your wireless should work again.

good luck

I tried tftp several times with the stock firmware, but nothing seems to work. It says it transfers successfully and it reboots, but nothing works after that.

Turning on the wireless is the least of my worries right now.
RealtorRod
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seems to be working quite well, I will check back in a few hours.
outfire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
reply to aluminumonkey,

Can you log onto the router interface?? If you can, then you may check for the router Mac-Address. It's located under router's status page. If you Mac reported as FFFFFFFFFFF, then you may have to replace the caldata file because it's corrupted.

Just follows jackietreehorn procedure.
lukano
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
shadowdancer wrote:

Agreed. The build shown through the router database is one of the ones that still had the wifi issues, and is resulting in a lot of the posts in this thread - that would be prevented and avoided with more recent builds.
aluminumonkey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
outfire wrote:
reply to aluminumonkey,

Can you log onto the router interface?? If you can, then you may check for the router Mac-Address. It's located under router's status page. If you Mac reported as FFFFFFFFFFF, then you may have to replace the caldata file because it's corrupted.

Just follows jackietreehorn procedure.

I cannot get to the router interface. I will just RMA it and start over, it will be a lot easier to do then try to fix it myself.
gage006
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I cannot get tftp to revert me back to my stock firmware for the life of me! I've been trying to use the "hold the reset button when the switch leds come on" method but everytime I get the following error:

Transfering file WNDR3700-V1.0.4.31NA.img to server in octet mode...
Packet will be sent. len=64, opcode=2
Packet received. len=4, opcode=ACK, block=0
Packet will be sent. len=4, opcode=DATA, block=1
Packet received. len=22, opcode=18025
Error occurred during the file transfer (Error code = 0):
Invalid TFTP request received.

Any ideas? I've already tried a bunch of different firmware versions to no avail.

Just tried it on my Mac, transfer times out. I'm out of ideas.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
shadowdancer wrote:

If you are referring to me, I can't. Public has no access to the router DB. But yes alot of builds and even router specs are wrong on there.

BrainSlayer wrote:

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 227, 228, 229  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 95 of 229
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: