Have WNDR3700 would like to test any builds available

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 227, 228, 229  Next
GEoMaNTiK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I've taken the plunge and very happy I did.

DD-WRT (Build 14815) for the WNDR3700 is a very nice build and feels stable at the moment.

Once the nature of the posts for the latest build took a turn for the better on this forum, it was just a matter of time before I got amongst it and flashed.

I've stuck with safe settings for now, will tweak soon.
Sponsor
05yukon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
antsh86 wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
Putting ath0 through it's tests, so far its passing with flying colors, no lag spikes, dropouts, throughput issues, or anything. Stable at 300Mbps in windows and on DD-WRT TX/RX status. Have eMule running while im gaming online with TF2 and my latency is stable, about 1-2ms higher than with ethernet (that can even be considered error margin). TX errors right now is 97 out of 412,785, right on par with the DIR-825 and RX errors is 0 out of 352,741 Razz

Great to hear, thanks for updating us. Let us know how the 5GHz fairs as well. Quick question, what card/chipset are you using as a client in your wireless testing?

Also, can you check if you can get over 17dbm on channel 36 in ur reg. domain? If I set my power to 20 or 17, it stays at 17 on channel 36. Anything other than that, 18, 19, 21, 22... and so forth brings the power down to 16. Thanks!

I cap at 17dBm with chan 36 which is matching FCC ID documents here:

Also when I change ath0 to ht20 I cap at am amazing 26dBm, which matches FCC ID listings for 802.11b DSSS. Thats 2Wire output power! Its stable too, no jitter like some routers do when TX is too high (lack of amps from the PS?).

I haven't done much ath1 testing but from what I did so far, by connecting with the WRT610N v2 in repeater mode, its behaving just as good as ath0, range/SNR a bit lower but thats the nature of 5GHz frequencies.

My test equip is:

-DIR-825 (client mode, havn't tried yet)
-WRT610N v2 (repeater aka client mode for Broadcom)
-D-Link DWA-542 2.4GHz PCI wireless card (in my pc) it has a Atheros chip and is 2x2
-iPhone 3GS iOS 3.1.3 (great signal dBm reader)

Continuing to experiment.

EDIT: ath0, ht20 G-Only, 27dBm, iwlist ath0 txpower agrees with GUI. This is nuts, beyond 2Wire output power.

Do you know if it is possible to get the DIR 825 that high since it is almost the same equipment? I would love to get my transmit power up. If only I could find a way to get the 5ghz up a little bit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model
Netgear WNDR3700
Firmware Version
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/30/10) std - build 14684

Ive ran into the problem ( only because it keeps accurring ) that sometimes when applying settings the router slips into a weird mode that redirects everything from my routers ip address to another computer hardwired on the network , and it happends randomly with pretty much any setting change . Anyone else encountered this ?

All i have to do is hard reset the router , and the settings go back to normal and the new setting i set is applied, but very strange.

Details:

i have a computer i use as a seed box which has a http server on it usualy hardwired to the 4th port (the only reason i know it dose this). Sometimes when settings are applied,and the dd-wrt web interface refreshes im presented the page being hosted on this see box instead of the router web interface.

Strange enough all traffic is forwarded from the routers defualt ip to this computer (any port). I've tryed to see if mabe the routers ip somehow got changed to a diff one during all this but no luck . it takes a hard reset for the router to go back to normal.

Next time it happens i guess ill scan the whole range and see where the router ended up. Its quit frequent tho ,if its a firmware issue i would assume im not the only one .

Also - small but 1 thing i found . Setting this build up to work with HotSpotsystem.com (embedded)When setup to isolate hotspot users from my home private network . it seems to work perfect with assighing wired ip addresses to the right ip range, But when wireless clients connect its simply lets them have open access to the internet and also assigns them an ip in the range with my home network, instead of the range created for the hotspotsystem traffic (which is probably y they end up with open internet access).

Ive used hotspotsystem before with other dd-wrt routers and not had this problem. With the range of the 3700 one i was hoping to apply it to this router as well. Ive been playing with settings for weeks any suggestions on this ? Or anyone else having a similar issue

By the way: This Build is GREAT .. its really stable other then thoes 2 small issues im having and run great on this router , Getting same range as with stock firmware as well . LOVE dd wrt THANK U FOR GIVING US THIS AWESOME FIRMWARE
BigRon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah.. but lets see if the bad 2,4GHz reception does appear after some time using this with the WNDR3700.
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
05yukon wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
antsh86 wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
Putting ath0 through it's tests, so far its passing with flying colors, no lag spikes, dropouts, throughput issues, or anything. Stable at 300Mbps in windows and on DD-WRT TX/RX status. Have eMule running while im gaming online with TF2 and my latency is stable, about 1-2ms higher than with ethernet (that can even be considered error margin). TX errors right now is 97 out of 412,785, right on par with the DIR-825 and RX errors is 0 out of 352,741 Razz

Great to hear, thanks for updating us. Let us know how the 5GHz fairs as well. Quick question, what card/chipset are you using as a client in your wireless testing?

Also, can you check if you can get over 17dbm on channel 36 in ur reg. domain? If I set my power to 20 or 17, it stays at 17 on channel 36. Anything other than that, 18, 19, 21, 22... and so forth brings the power down to 16. Thanks!

I cap at 17dBm with chan 36 which is matching FCC ID documents here:

Also when I change ath0 to ht20 I cap at am amazing 26dBm, which matches FCC ID listings for 802.11b DSSS. Thats 2Wire output power! Its stable too, no jitter like some routers do when TX is too high (lack of amps from the PS?).

I haven't done much ath1 testing but from what I did so far, by connecting with the WRT610N v2 in repeater mode, its behaving just as good as ath0, range/SNR a bit lower but thats the nature of 5GHz frequencies.

My test equip is:

-DIR-825 (client mode, havn't tried yet)
-WRT610N v2 (repeater aka client mode for Broadcom)
-D-Link DWA-542 2.4GHz PCI wireless card (in my pc) it has a Atheros chip and is 2x2
-iPhone 3GS iOS 3.1.3 (great signal dBm reader)

Continuing to experiment.

EDIT: ath0, ht20 G-Only, 27dBm, iwlist ath0 txpower agrees with GUI. This is nuts, beyond 2Wire output power.

Do you know if it is possible to get the DIR 825 that high since it is almost the same equipment? I would love to get my transmit power up. If only I could find a way to get the 5ghz up a little bit.

DIR-825 won't budge from 18dBm/17dBm even with the same settings, FCC ID documents list it should be maxing at the same TX as the WNDR3700 so it doesn't make sense.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

skoobydoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I haven't seen anyone posted about this. But my WNDR3700 upgrade to new built (14815) from the previous built (14684) did not go thru smoothly using the webflash version. I did 30-30-30 reset but did not correct the problem. Has anyone seen this problem? This was not for these particular builts but I have the same problem with the last few builts.

To put the 14815 on, I reflashed back to stock f/w and upgraded using the factory.img version. It's rather tedious so if there is a way around this, it would be great. Thanks for any insight.
antsh86
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I posted about this a few pages back. This has been an issue with the last few firmware releases. There is a ticket open regarding the issue so hopefully it will get resolved soon.

You can try tftping the new firmware on instead of going through the ddwrt->stock->new ddwrt cycle, but I make no guaruntees that it'll work or is safe to do.

It's really hard to brick this router though, you could always put it back into tftp recovery mode by:
1. make sure your pc ip address is in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet that is not 192.168.1.1 (i.e. 192.168.1.2) and plugged into a lan port on the router
2. turn the router off
3. turn it on and wait until the LAN LEDs turn on
4. as soon as they do press and hold the reset button
5. the power light will blink orange a few times and then start blinking green
6. as soon as you see it blinking green let go of the reset button, it's in tftp recovery mode.
7. type "tftp -i 192.168.1.1 PUT <filename>" into a command prompt from the directory where your flash image is and replace "<filename>" with the name of the file.
8. you should get a dialog saying flash successful
9. wait up to 5 minutes while the router does its thing

That process should always be able to recover the router unless you modify the bootloader (don't).
buggs1a
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
How is this router coming along? I'm interested but don't wanna mess it up.

Or is there any idea when a build will be stable and complete for the netgear 3700?
skoobydoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I got the 14815 built on my WNDR3700. It looks good only on the 5Ghz band (as good or better than stock). But the 2.4Ghz seems to be as weak as from previous builts. I set Tx ant chain as 1+2+3 with turbo mode on the channel width, everything else was as default. Anyone care to share their setting to max out on the 2.4Ghz for this built? Thanks a lot.

Another thing for this 14815 built, when I used the "apply settings" after a change, it seems to upset the router that the WAN IP was lost. I have to reboot the router to regain the IP.
skoobydoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
antsh86 wrote:
I posted about this a few pages back. This has been an issue with the last few firmware releases. There is a ticket open regarding the issue so hopefully it will get resolved soon.

You can try tftping the new firmware on instead of going through the ddwrt->stock->new ddwrt cycle, but I make no guaruntees that it'll work or is safe to do.

It's really hard to brick this router though, you could always put it back into tftp recovery mode by:
1. make sure your pc ip address is in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet that is not 192.168.1.1 (i.e. 192.168.1.2) and plugged into a lan port on the router
2. turn the router off
3. turn it on and wait until the LAN LEDs turn on
4. as soon as they do press and hold the reset button
5. the power light will blink orange a few times and then start blinking green
6. as soon as you see it blinking green let go of the reset button, it's in tftp recovery mode.
7. type "tftp -i 192.168.1.1 PUT <filename>" into a command prompt from the directory where your flash image is and replace "<filename>" with the name of the file.
8. you should get a dialog saying flash successful
9. wait up to 5 minutes while the router does its thing

That process should always be able to recover the router unless you modify the bootloader (don't).

Good idea, I should have tested it this way. I normally use the gui "tftp" (http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/tornado/Windows-TFTP/tftp2.exe) instead of the command prompt (I lost my DOS mojo long way back). Thanks for the info, I'll try it when a new built comes out.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
skoobydoo wrote:
Ok, I got the 14815 built on my WNDR3700. It looks good only on the 5Ghz band (as good or better than stock). But the 2.4Ghz seems to be as weak as from previous builts. I set Tx ant chain as 1+2+3 with turbo mode on the channel width, everything else was as default. Anyone care to share their setting to max out on the 2.4Ghz for this built? Thanks a lot.

Another thing for this 14815 built, when I used the "apply settings" after a change, it seems to upset the router that the WAN IP was lost. I have to reboot the router to regain the IP.

Chains for this router is 1+2 for both, not 1+2+3. Change those and report back, did you hard reset and did you ever enable JFFS on the WNDR3700 in it's DD-WRT lifetime?

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

ccdoggy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
skoobydoo wrote:

Someone else reported this problem might be worth opening a support ticket for it.

Quote:
Change those and report back, did you hard reset and did you ever enable JFFS on the WNDR3700 in it's DD-WRT lifetime?

out of curiosity, why ask this? I never had any problem with JFFS.
skoobydoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="tatsuya46"

Chains for this router is 1+2 for both, not 1+2+3. Change those and report back, did you hard reset and did you ever enable JFFS on the WNDR3700 in it's DD-WRT lifetime?[/quote]

I changed to 1+2 for both 2.4 and 5Ghz bands. The result was still as before; super strong 5Ghz but weak 2.4GHz signal. Did both enable/disable JFFS, did not see any improvement. Btw, I have the us wndr3700 version.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
skoobydoo wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:

Chains for this router is 1+2 for both, not 1+2+3. Change those and report back, did you hard reset and did you ever enable JFFS on the WNDR3700 in it's DD-WRT lifetime?

I changed to 1+2 for both 2.4 and 5Ghz bands. The result was still as before; super strong 5Ghz but weak 2.4GHz signal. Did both enable/disable JFFS, did not see any improvement. Btw, I have the us wndr3700 version.

I meant was JFFS ever enabled before, not to enable it unless you need it.

ccdoggy wrote:
out of curiosity, why ask this? I never had any problem with JFFS.

Cause for the first few months after DIR-825 became supported there was problems with enabling JFFS that caused corruption in the caldata and other problems, including wireless, even backups of caldata did not correct it until firmware changes from Brainslayer. Something about caldata/JFFS being positioned in the middle of the flash on the router IIRC. I suspected it for a while with the WNDR3700 since some have clear issues and some have none, and the routers are very identical at the hardware level.

BrainSlayer wrote:

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

GEoMaNTiK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had DD-WRT installed for a day and all is going very nicely, except for one thing that I cannot get working...

All of my laptops, wireless desktops, iphone, windows mobile, bridged routers are working except for my 2x IP Cameras on the 2.4GHz Wireless-G signal.

I've tried adjusting some settings in the 14815 build to get them working, such as using the 20MHz and 40MHz both G Only and NG Network Modes.

Everytime I enter the IP address, I can't get either camera to do anything. MAC Filter is not activated.

What other settings could cause these to not work, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 227, 228, 229  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 89 of 229
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: