WNDR3300 specific K26 k2.6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
seeingwhite
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
PeteBest wrote:
seeingwhite wrote:
wl1 was working fine for me. Great signal, speed, etc.

Also, I was able to do a 30/30/30 reset without trouble. I did have some other stability issues which I can't pinpoint, though, so I am reverting back to K24 today.

What k26 revision and build type were you using?

Yeah, sorry, meant to post that earlier.

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/12/10) std-nokaid-small
(SVN revision 14594)
Sponsor
boom2112
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
excuse me, but i have some problem.
When i do hard reset on my WNDR ,in the second phase i must plug out the power of the router or the network connection?
I'm a noob and i build on my router this type of Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/23/10) mini. What must i do for mount K26 firmware?

Excuse me for my english.
seeingwhite
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
boom2112 wrote:
excuse me, but i have some problem.
When i do hard reset on my WNDR ,in the second phase i must plug out the power of the router or the network connection?
I'm a noob and i build on my router this type of Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/23/10) mini. What must i do for mount K26 firmware?

Excuse me for my english.

If you are new to 3rd party firmware, all the experts here recommend you stick with a K24 build. I tried k26 just for the fun of it and have had a lot of experience with dd-wrt (but not even close to an expert). So I am moving back to K24. Have you tried the "recommended" dd-wrt firmware yet? If not, that might be a good place to start. Here is the wiki entry for the WNDR3300: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNDR3300
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
you guys wouldn't happen to know which CFE version you have on your 3300's? 1.3 or 1.5?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
boom2112
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have a problem with my firmware: the wl1 drop the connection every 5 minutes and i set its to BG-mixed, but when i set the wl0 to mix mode, i haven't problem...What can i do for resolve this problem?
seeingwhite
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 23:39    Post subject: Problem Reply with quote
Well, I've run into a problem. After downgrading from k26 to EKOs k24 14583, I think my router is bricked. The power LED is flashing and I can ping the router. I responds with a TTL 100 continuously. However, when I tftp any firmware, ie OEM, k24, k26, etc, the transfer is successful, but nothing happens after that. The power LED continues to flash after reboot. I think she may be a goner.

Any thoughts? (PS: Yes, I have read Peacock Laughing )
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
You need serial output to see whats happening. At that point it may be recoverable.

Testing Multiple Routers -- Bootloader Collection Project -- My Wiki
seeingwhite
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dark_Shadow wrote:
You need serial output to see whats happening. At that point it may be recoverable.

Yup, I was thinking the exact same thing. I just found out about 10 minutes ago though how to make it work in my specific case! After about 5 hours of trying to recover the router, it looks like I have the OEM firmware restored and working.

I will post back later tonight with what I found out.
seeingwhite
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
you guys wouldn't happen to know which CFE version you have on your 3300's? 1.3 or 1.5?

If you tell me how to find out, I will check for you.
btechnet
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Usually in the wndr3300 when the power light is flashing, it means that its waiting for a new firmware. Perhaps the old firmware went bad, new firmware didn't load properly etc.

The dd-wrt linux partition is usually erased (blank) which is why it flashes.

The unit is waiting for a tftp input possibly using draytek's router tools to upload a new bin / chk file.

When it is flashing it also means you probably need a new header file aka chk file. You can use either the stock chk file, or the dd-wrt chk file (k24) to get the unit working again.

If you can ping the router while the light is flashing and get TTL=100 responses then it means its waiting for a firmware flash via tftp (draytek router tools)

Brainslayer
1x AR690w mini - 15649 v24
Brainslayer
2x AR430W std - 13064 v24 Brainslayer
2x WNR834B v2 mini - 14311 K2.4 BrainSlayer
1x RT-N16 big - 14280 NEWD-2 K2.6 BrainSlayer
1x WRT54G V5.0 micro - 15704 v24 Brainslayer
1x WRT54GL V1.1 micro - 15704 v24 Brainslayer
seeingwhite
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 17:48    Post subject: How I Recoverd My Unit Reply with quote
I didn't use the draytek router tools, but I found something else that works. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else on these forums, the wiki, or even via google search.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I was able to ping the router with a continuous TLL=100 response. Whenever I flashed a firmware (.bin, .chk, etc), the transfer was always reported as successful, but upon reboot I would get the same flashing power light.

After hours of trying, I thought I would browse netgear's FTP server in the hope that they might have a recovery tool. Sure enough, I stumbled on this zip file ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/WNDR3300_230-10591-04v2.3.zip (162mb) There is an "autorun.exe" app inside the unzipped folder. Launch the app and then select the "Support Software" option. Then it gives you the option to start the "Firmware Recovery Utility". I ran this utility and it worked! It restored my WNDR3300v2 back to its original stock firmware. Be aware, it takes a LONG time to complete after you start it. During the process, it appears that the network adapter on your computer is disabled, and the port light on the router turns off, too. At first, I thought something had gone wrong, but this is just a part of the Netgear Firmware Recovery Utility working.

After the recovery, you can flash 3rd party firmware like normal as instructed in the wiki for this device. I am now back to the latest EKO k24 NEWD build. Hope this helps anyone else whose router seems unrecoverable.

EDIT: Added a section to WNDR3300 wiki entry covering the Netgear recovery tool.
PeteBest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
The netgear tools just start up a tftp server silently in the background and it automatically configures your ip to static. I played around with it earlier while I was returning my wndr3300 back to netgear f/w. The only way I could get the tftp transfer to take from a working wndr3300 with dd-wrt was to erase linux then reboot the router and you'll see the ttl at 100 on a ping. Then you can use any tftp program to recover using the netgear current firmware or dd-wrt with the .chk extension.

Hope that helps someone!
phlegmer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greetings all,

Q1: If I were to flash my WNDR3300 with k24-NEWD2 (not k26), instead of the hoop jumping spelled out by the OP, do I consider this a standard DD-WRT flash (assuming it already has k24-NEWD)?

Q2: Are there any plans to have wl1 supported with NEWD2 on the WNDR3300?

Thanks much!
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
phlegmer wrote:
Greetings all,

Q1: If I were to flash my WNDR3300 with k24-NEWD2 (not k26), instead of the hoop jumping spelled out by the OP, do I consider this a standard DD-WRT flash (assuming it already has k24-NEWD)?

Q2: Are there any plans to have wl1 supported with NEWD2 on the WNDR3300?

Thanks much!

1) yes standard webgui flash so long as you already have dd-wrt on the unit, but becareful is all i can say..

2) one of the devs would have to be asked on this matter, but IMHO probably not, support for 4704 is waning following the new kernel. Seems K2.6 newer builds wont drive some units anymore, in other words, some of the NEWD units that could run K2.6 can no longer work with it and although your talking non K2.6, the k2.4 NEWD-2 builds still use the same wireless driver as the K2.6 builds do.

3) If you do this, i would only use 15230 and back, if you use the newer K2.4 NEWD-2, you may not have wireless at all due to what i noted previous. Not sure if they have fixed this, though doubtful, because i am still seeing posts about 4704's having problems with K2.6

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
phlegmer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the replay! Good to know about the 15230 build. Since it would appear that there would be no harm in at least trying the latest build, I may try that first and see how it goes. If it flakes out, 15230 it is.

The plan is to use a WRT-600n along with 2 WNDR3300's in a 802.11N WDS. I would assume I should use the same builds on all models?

Thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: