Have WNDR3700 would like to test any builds available

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 227, 228, 229  Next
ccdoggy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
cokewithvanilla wrote:
It has been difficult to follow this thread. Am I correct in assuming that ccdoggy has gotten build 14684 to work properly?

If so, can 14684 be loaded directly over the stock FW?

I'm really dying for printer support on the 3700.

I have 14684 working excellent with wireless. at least as good as stock firmware on both 5.0 and 2.4.

I am doing everything i can to help out those with low wireless strength as i feel your pain. My router has never been that bad as some people have had but it was manageable for a while. then with the latest two releases (one was pulled) it was like magic and now i have awesome wireless strength.
Sponsor
antsh86
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have 14684 running as well. I am now using it as the main firmware for a router that is serving over 50 clients. This has been the most solid build to date, and only has a few bugs left to work out. Let me know if anyone needs any help setting something up with this firmware. Both signals and speed are at least equal to the stock .68 netgear firmware, and the traffic monitoring actually works with DD-WRT Rolling Eyes .
cokewithvanilla
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can i load 14684 over the stock firmware?
ccdoggy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
cokewithvanilla wrote:

Should be no problem.
ddxx0n
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 23:48    Post subject: Is 16484 safe or not? Reply with quote
ccdoggy wrote:
cokewithvanilla wrote:

Should be no problem.

I bought this router a few days ago and, seeing the flash-update and range issues people are having, I am undecided if i should swap it for an (overpriced) Asus RT-N16.

Reading the last few posts, it seems that a lot of problems have vanished into thin air - which makes me wonder what was the cause of the troubles in the first place.

* If I flash the 16484 build and something goes wrong, can I still re-flash the stock firmware and return the router with working wireless as if nothing has happened?

* Is it necessary to reset the router before flashing dd-wrt, or does this kill the 2.4 wireless?

* Do I have to backup the caldata (dd if=/dev/mtd5ro of=/tmp/caldata.backup) and restore it after flashing dd-wrt (mtd unlock caldata; mtd -r caldata caldata)?

If I am certain I wont crash the thing beyond repair I am willing to participate in the ongoing testing.
ddxx0n
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 23:55    Post subject: Re: Is 14684 safe or not? Reply with quote
ddxx0n wrote:
Re: Is 16484 safe or not?

Doh, obviously I was referring to build 14864, not 16484... I'd vote for codenames like "frying bunny" to distinguish the versions.
ccdoggy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 0:58    Post subject: Re: Is 16484 safe or not? Reply with quote
ddxx0n wrote:
ccdoggy wrote:
cokewithvanilla wrote:

Should be no problem.

I bought this router a few days ago and, seeing the flash-update and range issues people are having, I am undecided if i should swap it for an (overpriced) Asus RT-N16.

Reading the last few posts, it seems that a lot of problems have vanished into thin air - which makes me wonder what was the cause of the troubles in the first place.

* If I flash the 16484 build and something goes wrong, can I still re-flash the stock firmware and return the router with working wireless as if nothing has happened?

* Is it necessary to reset the router before flashing dd-wrt, or does this kill the 2.4 wireless?

* Do I have to backup the caldata (dd if=/dev/mtd5ro of=/tmp/caldata.backup) and restore it after flashing dd-wrt (mtd unlock caldata; mtd -r caldata caldata)?

If I am certain I wont crash the thing beyond repair I am willing to participate in the ongoing testing.

If you want to return it all you have to do is TFTP the stock image over and reset it and its as if it was never there.

Yes most issues are gone but some are still having a crappy wireless connection. so there is a chance of it being bad for you.

You do not HAVE to backup the caldata file but its a good idea just in case.

Do a reset after dd-wrt only if you are having problems. it should not be a problem at all but could cause some issues, mine needed it. some do not need to, though it should not be a problem reseting at all.
outfire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Build 14684 is pretty stable, but time will tell. AT first when I flashed my wndr3700 with build 14594, everything went fine and its very stable. But after a few days of usage, the 2.4ghz completely dies out. Now its unusable with the 2.4ghz unless I am at a meter away.

Do not flash ddwrt if you want some reliable wireless. Wait until a real stable firmware is out then give it a shot.
RattyDAVE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:27    Post subject: Working ok for me. Reply with quote
Hi there.

First of all Thank you! I have never used DD-WRT before and I flash the img files from the netgear interface. Reset the router and configured it.

And as far as I can see working fantastic!

If you need any diags or info let me know and Ill provide the info.

I do have one question.

Has anyone got HOTSPOT SYSTEM working on a virtual interfaces?
(Just like My Ad Network)

Thanks again for your hard work.

DAVE
BigRon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you only flash the .img or did you also flash the .bin file afterwards?
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just the .img
Opuske
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
BigRon wrote:
Did you only flash the .img or did you also flash the .bin file afterwards?

When u flash ur router from stock to dd-wrt u ONLY have to flash the img file.

The webflash.bin file is ONLY when u wanna upgrade from dd-wrt to newer dd-wrt.

There is no point what so ever to flash the bin file after u flashed the img file
invader980
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
were are these builds comming from ? lol mabe a newb question but the latest in the router database looks well outdated . would love to join the testing im alittle lost tho

where can we download hte latest builds ?
BigRon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those who flashed only the .img file:

What do you get after choosing ath1 from the dropdown list at the info page?

On the SysInfo-Page when I choose ath1 at the dropdown box I immediately get a "Website not available" Page:

SO after choosing ath1 from this dropdown list:

I get this page:

Is this also an ISSUE you have or am I the only one?!
I wnat to know this because I can be sure that the .img file is flashedd flawelessly or not.

Thank you very much.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am getting the normal page.
No error here.

BigRon wrote:
For those who flashed only the .img file:

What do you get after choosing ath1 from the dropdown list at the info page?

On the SysInfo-Page when I choose ath1 at the dropdown box I immediately get a "Website not available" Page:

SO after choosing ath1 from this dropdown list:

I get this page:

Is this also an ISSUE you have or am I the only one?!
I wnat to know this because I can be sure that the .img file is flashedd flawelessly or not.

Thank you very much.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 227, 228, 229  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 80 of 229
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: