Have WNDR3700 would like to test any builds available

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 227, 228, 229  Next
outfire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Yonis,

I have done what you did but I can confirm that it has no effect on my wndr3700, the 2.4ghz is weak like hell, my inside room computer is only 30fts away and only getting 1 bar out of 5, and the router,computer is in sight of each other.

At this point, I ****** give up with ddwrt.

Thanks all for the help
Sponsor
BigRon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
MAN. I am pi**** off!!!

This build is also bricking my Router (WNDR3700-V1.0.4.68 ) after flashing the webflash.bin FIle.

the factory.img is flashing flawelessly but after flashing the webflash.bin the WNDR3700 dosent respond to anything except tftp.

Man.. I tried it now with my Laptop with Ubuntu 10.04 x64 (Firefox,Chromium,Opera,Midori), Windows 7 x64 (Firefox,Internet Explorer 64 and 32 bit version) and with my Netbook Windows 7 32bit (Firefox and Internet Explorer).

I tried it with Resetting the settings over the Reset Button and without resetting it from the DDWRT.img Flash.

I also renamed the bin and the img to a Netgear like FW Name.

I dont get why this is affecting my router.

I am depressed right now. I am doomed to stay with the Netgear FW. Man thats the best present i got for my birthday?!? Sad

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
BigRon wrote:
MAN. I am pi**** off!!!

This build is also bricking my Router (WNDR3700-V1.0.4.68 ) after flashing the webflash.bin FIle.

the factory.img is flashing flawelessly but after flashing the webflash.bin the WNDR3700 dosent respond to anything except tftp.

Man.. I tried it now with my Laptop with Ubuntu 10.04 x64 (Firefox,Chromium,Opera,Midori), Windows 7 x64 (Firefox,Internet Explorer 64 and 32 bit version) and with my Netbook Windows 7 32bit (Firefox and Internet Explorer).

I tried it with Resetting the settings over the Reset Button and without resetting it from the DDWRT.img Flash.

I also renamed the bin and the img to a Netgear like FW Name.

I dont get why this is affecting my router.

I am depressed right now. I am doomed to stay with the Netgear FW. Man thats the best present i got for my birthday?!? Sad

you are doing a 30-30-30 before and after the upgrade, and using the stock firmware to flash the Factory.img file, right? wired in?

I understand your frustration but take a breather and maybe a break. Getting burned out sucks and taking a step back and getting it out of your mind is a good thing.

It sounds like something is crashing/failing in the bootup and is defaulting to the tftp recovery mode. I know nothing about it but just tryin to show some support.
yonis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
outfire wrote:
someone please help me

I did telnetenable.exe 192.168.1.1 000000000 Gearguy Geardog, then telnet 192.168.1.1 and it broughts me to busybox in cmd.

When i do "cp /mnt/sda1/caldata /tmp", it keep saying "no such file or directory", I have check the usb, it's enabled in the web interface.

And you have a FAT32 thumbdrive plugged in? With caldata in the root?
ccdoggy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
yonis wrote:
outfire wrote:
someone please help me

I did telnetenable.exe 192.168.1.1 000000000 Gearguy Geardog, then telnet 192.168.1.1 and it broughts me to busybox in cmd.

When i do "cp /mnt/sda1/caldata /tmp", it keep saying "no such file or directory", I have check the usb, it's enabled in the web interface.

And you have a FAT32 thumbdrive plugged in? With caldata in the root?

I helped him out via PMs. turns out it was mounting it as sda4 instead of sda1. he got it installed and should be reporting back on results soonish.
BigRon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I done the 30-30-30 FW Reset after I flashed the factory.img. Yes and Ive tried it without resetting it like this. Nothing helps.

I was sitting for 2 Hours or more to try out all the combinations but nothing is working..

The img is flashing flawelessly but the .bin is corrupting my router.

I tried also to deactivate the wireless and DHCP-Server and other things like setting the Region to germany at the Wireless Configuration pages before I flashed the .bin file but as you might expect the same resulting bricked router after flashing the .bin file.

What I recognized is that Flashing the .bin file with Firefox gets me immediately after klicking on upgrade a "host not reacheable" Page. So no Countdown animation. I waited for about 3 minutes because I thought the FIrmware (webflash.bin) was uploaded to the WNDR3700 propperly but it wasnt and I was still able to go to the DD-WRT Webfrontend (factory.img).. All other Browsers I tried out are showing me the 300sec countdown animation and the loading bar after that. After a while the loading bar showed up and the Router rebooted itself the PowerLED starts to blink and I got a bricked router.

I think the uploading or the receiving from the webflash.bin Firmware is the problem.

Does the .bin FW flashes propperly with FireFox for all of you trying to flash the newest build? Or do you get also no countdown animation and a "Host unreachable" window after pressing Upgrade and trying to flash the webflash.bin?!

Man... I will try this from an older Netgear Firmware.

Doyou have any suggestions?!

Last edited by BigRon on Wed Jun 30, 2010 23:59; edited 1 time in total
Mitsch1012
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 23:57    Post subject: Works - Fucking Great! Reply with quote
Very Happy Yiiihaaa!
Great release, no bricking.. Great 5G performance - got around 18MB/s 15 feet away...

But the 2.4 G is still a little weak... Rolling Eyes don't know why...
BigRon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
How did you flashed it exactly?

1. Which Netgear FW
2. Which OS
3. Which Browser
4. Which LAN Port on the WNDR3700 did you use
5. Did you a reset before flashing the factory.img from the NETGEAR FW
6. Did you a reset after flashed factory.img and before flashing the webflash.bin
7. Did you rename the DD-WRT Firmware Files?
and finally
8. Did you pray for a flawelessly flashed WNDR3700??

It would be nice if you could answer these questions.

Thank you in adnvance.! Smile

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
BigRon wrote:

1. Which Netgear FW
2. Which OS
3. Which Browser
6. Did you a reset after flashed factory.img and before flashing the webflash.bin
and finally

1. Newest - german
2. Win764Bit
3. Firefox
4. I think 1 or 2 flashed trough LAN behind 2 switches in another room
5. no
6. no
7. no, just clicked yes, as the router said "bla bla another firmware"
8. YES Laughing
outfire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried to all these steps.

Write the caldata that was provide with mediafire.com
do a 30-30-30 reset then upload build 14684

the result was the same, it has no effect on my wndr3700.

then I redo everything,

mtd erase nvram
mtd erase linux
reboot
this is to bring everething back to FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF

then redo netgear firmware .68
then write the caldata again

All of these steps does not solve the weak 2.4ghz, my 5.0 has been good since the day I uploaded the first ddwrt firmware.

something is definitely wrong with the 2.4ghz radio. I may order a serial cable from ebay and play around with this router since I am going to purchase another WNDR3700.

If any of you guys have procedures for serial cable to bring the router back to its original state like when I first bought it, please post it so I can follow it

Thanks all
BigRon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mitsch1012 wrote:
BigRon wrote:

1. Which Netgear FW
2. Which OS
3. Which Browser
and finally

1. Newest - german
2. Win764Bit
3. Firefox
4. I think 1 or 2 flashed trough LAN behind 2 switches in another room
5. no
6. no
7. no, just clicked yes, as the router said "bla bla another firmware"
8. YES Laughing

So your Firefox did show you the 300Seconds countdown animation propperly?

And greetings from germany too! Are you from HH? If yes I think I will go visit you with my WNDR3700! Very Happy

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
BigRon wrote:

So your Firefox did show you the 300Seconds countdown animation propperly?

And greetings from germany too! Are you from HH? If yes I think I will go to visit you with my WNDR3700! Very Happy

Yes, showed up propperly, but doesn't give a damn, watched 10 minutes TV and everything worked well...

Sorry, I'm from Karlsruhe.

Right now I'm testing the 5G, but sometimes it sync´s 300mbit/s sometimes only 130, strange... Rolling Eyes

But I'm really glad, the other things work fine.. Wink
yonis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
outfire wrote:
If any of you guys have procedures for serial cable to bring the router back to its original state like when I first bought it, please post it so I can follow it

Thanks all

One more thing before you do that... Try setting the TX Antenna Chains on 2.4 GHz to 1+2+3, save your settings, and then reboot your router. After restoring caldata, that was the next step I took before mine worked again.
outfire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried that yonis!! I have been playing around with this stupid router for so long Smile
theonlybabyface
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
For the final time, if you are on the factory firmware, rename the dd-wrt factory.img file to one of the netgear firmware files to get to dd-wrt and that's it and if you are already running dd-wrt then upgrade to the newest version by simply flashing the .bin file. No 30-30-30 necessary except to restore to defaults prior to and after flashing.

No wonder so many issues with some of you.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 227, 228, 229  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 77 of 229
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: