$24.99 - NETGEAR WNR834B-100NAR refurb

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
igt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi!
Very Nice Job!!
What about max coverage?
Sponsor
comocolo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 17:58    Post subject: Netgear WNR834B Antenna Mod Reply with quote
Noticed someone has the Antenna Mode up for sale on eBay. A USA seller so you don't have to wait a couple of weeks for arrival. Nice photos of the inside of both Versions 1 and Versions 2. Interesting that Version 1 has a place for installing a third antenna even though Netgear only installed 2 internal antennas in Version 1 while Version 2 has three antennas already installed. These units make nice repeaters when DD-WRT Firmware is installed, which you can do in both Versions.
igt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
What about range increase with external antennas??
vcbc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for bringing up this thread, but Im also wondering about the increase range with external antennas. i am thinking of getting 12/13dBi antennas, they are really long and i dont really care, but im wondering how range would increase compared to 7's and 9's. Is it worth it, cost doesn't really matter at the moment...
rippyruckus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 18:10    Post subject: range improvement evaluation Reply with quote
vcbc wrote:
Sorry for bringing up this thread, but Im also wondering about the increase range with external antennas. i am thinking of getting 12/13dBi antennas, they are really long and i dont really care, but im wondering how range would increase compared to 7's and 9's. Is it worth it, cost doesn't really matter at the moment...

I also am extremely interested in a before/after comparison re: range improvement using this mod. Would seriously consider doing this if I had a little more detail on what kind of a difference this made for people, i.e. streaming video, or HD content, or just improved wireless connectivity. TIA
yjeep93
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm a bit confused...I want to do this mod, but I want to know what we're doing first.

I thought that 802.11n antennas are more advanced than just typical omni-directional b/g antennas. I'm wondering if there's a guru that can help explain why we're putting b/g omni antennas on a wireless-n product that uses MIMO antenna technology. I don't really understand a/b/g/n antenna technology, so don't assume I know what I'm talking about!

Is MIMO antenna technology more about firmware and processing using three independant omni-directional antennas, or does MIMO require special MIMO capable antennas?
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
yjeep93 wrote:
Is MIMO antenna technology more about firmware and processing using three independant omni-directional antennas, or does MIMO require special MIMO capable antennas?

For 802.11n MIMO is done by the radio but in order to do it there does have to be multiple antennas receiving signals.

comocolo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
The cool 7dBi Antenna Mods for the Netgear WNR834B v. 1 or v. 2 I noticed are back up on ebay.
wenlez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
does each antenna recieve and transmit signals independently? because I want to put one external antenna in the other side of the house with a 25 yards cable. any idea how I should do it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
KeithB wrote:
http://www.rfsupplier.com/

They're a seller from Shenzhen, China, they're also on eBay, that's where I got mine. Quick delivery and good prices.

I ordered RF cables through them, and their website crashed after paying with PayPal.
Tried for a week contacting them through various emails, their web-site contact form, and now through PayPal directly.
Still no word.
Obviously, I plan on buying my RF supplies elsewhere.
micheal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:01    Post subject: RP-SMA to IPX pagtail cable and RP-SMA antenna Reply with quote
IPX / u.fl to RP-SMA female Pigtail , 50 Ohm ,Cable 1.13mm
http://www.rfsupplier.com/product_info.php?products_id=312

2.4GHz 5dBi Omni WIFI Antenna with RP-SMA connector
http://www.rfsupplier.com/product_info.php?products_id=883
[/img]
rfsupplier_com
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
M2M Man wrote:
KeithB wrote:
http://www.rfsupplier.com/

They're a seller from Shenzhen, China, they're also on eBay, that's where I got mine. Quick delivery and good prices.

I ordered RF cables through them, and their website crashed after paying with PayPal.
Tried for a week contacting them through various emails, their web-site contact form, and now through PayPal directly.
Still no word.
Obviously, I plan on buying my RF supplies elsewhere.

Hi M2M Man,so sorry that I just came across the thread.This is KiKi,Can I know the details of this problem?Thanks!
celo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will post the same thing I posted in another forum. I got my answer saying these would not work because of the range but I still want to see if that is 100% correct because I really want to buy these. Cheap and easy Smile

Can someone confirm with me that these are OK to buy for the WNR3500L? I am not talking about the fit (Murata or U.FL), I can solder but I am talking about the antenna type (is this okay for N router?). Is this 3 x 5dbi gain will make a difference?

Frequency Range(MHz)890-960/1710-2150

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130585099729&ssPageName=AD...

Thanks!
celo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hate these kind of posts but I have to.

Nobody can answer my previous message/question?
rfsupplier_com
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI,I think it can not be worked.The antenna frenquecy is 2.4Ghz but no 890-960/1710-2150Mhz.
See the data of WNR3500L: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122334
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: