WZR-HP-G300NH support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 0:41    Post subject: Re: TX power <=15dbm Reply with quote
al_indigo wrote:
So has anyone found the solution for tx power issues? I can not get tx power more than 15dbm, dd-wrt version 14402

try setting the antenna chains to :
TX = 1+2+3
RX = 1+3

than check to see what tx power you can use and report back here.
Sponsor
al_indigo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 15:02    Post subject: Re: TX power <=15dbm Reply with quote
slybunda wrote:
al_indigo wrote:
So has anyone found the solution for tx power issues? I can not get tx power more than 15dbm, dd-wrt version 14402

try setting the antenna chains to :
TX = 1+2+3
RX = 1+3

than check to see what tx power you can use and report back here.

Done. The same 15dbm, router refuses to set it higher
pbuck
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
As far as I can tell the channel you use for wireless greatly affects the tx power. I could only hit 19dBm with channel 6 or 11.

But, DD-WRT runs like crap on this router overall so why bother? Stock 1.74 is great aside from the initial setup.
Sigma47
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 15:24    Post subject: So will A0 A3 devices eventually be fully supported? Reply with quote
I just purch'd this router for a ddwrt implement and didn't read the fine print, just looked at the DB and saw the model and went with it. Now I find out about the A0 A3 issue amongst other shortcomings as well. So, I am wondering if anyone could gimme a forecast for ddwrt development on this device (WZR-HP-G300NH "A0 A3 - type"). Will the upcoming "official" buffalo-ddwrt firmware (july 2010) support this device, or are there hardware changes being made in future productions of this device to tailor it to the future buffalo-ddwrt release? If the "official or branded" release will not support it will upcoming ddwrt releases? Thanks for your comments.
AfterShock
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
pbuck wrote:
As far as I can tell the channel you use for wireless greatly affects the tx power. I could only hit 19dBm with channel 6 or 11.

But, DD-WRT runs like crap on this router overall so why bother? Stock 1.74 is great aside from the initial setup.

Except for the bad layout and the port forwarding section being almost impossible to configure the 1.74 firmware performs much better at everything than dd-wrt, I really don't see why they want to sacrifice performance across the board by switching there firmware. ddwrt works better than stock firmware on every single broadcom based router but with atheros based routers it falls short. I have 2 of these routers, one with ddwrt and 1 with stock 1.74 firmware and the only thing the ddwrt does better is a faster reboot till ready time by about 10 seconds lol.

Sigma47 wrote:
I just purch'd this router for a ddwrt implement and didn't read the fine print, just looked at the DB and saw the model and went with it. Now I find out about the A0 A3 issue amongst other shortcomings as well. So, I am wondering if anyone could gimme a forecast for ddwrt development on this device (WZR-HP-G300NH "A0 A3 - type"). Will the upcoming "official" buffalo-ddwrt firmware (july 2010) support this device, or are there hardware changes being made in future productions of this device to tailor it to the future buffalo-ddwrt release? If the "official or branded" release will not support it will upcoming ddwrt releases? Thanks for your comments.

I don't think anymore revisions are going to be coming along for these routers, they already did a rev2 to fully support ddwrt so I doubt too much effort is going to be made in supporting A0 A3 since they had no intentions of using ddwrt with these routers, they haven't even gotten the firmware ironed out for rev2 yet so most people who received these routers with ddwrt already on them are flashing to the original firmware and those that have flashed to ddwrt are saying no thanks and just dealing with the crappy layout of the stock firmware
Danthrax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think the dd-wrt is better except for the limited tx power. That is the only issue I have with the dd-wrt build, but with the stock build when I get more than 2.5MB down the router disconnects me from the internet and I have to reset it. I don't know why it can't take the network load but I reinstalled the stock firmware a few times and I still get the same issues.
spaaarky21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Danthrax wrote:
I think the dd-wrt is better except for the limited tx power. That is the only issue I have with the dd-wrt build, but with the stock build when I get more than 2.5MB down the router disconnects me from the internet and I have to reset it. I don't know why it can't take the network load but I reinstalled the stock firmware a few times and I still get the same issues.

Using DD-WRT build 14406, I've had a lot of issues with the wireless connection either stalling or dropping entirely. I've also had some trouble with NetFlix streaming over a wired connection but I don't know if that was the router or the NetFlix servers.

I decided to give build 14594 a try the other day and it's been good so far. It might be too early to tell but my only complaint is that the WAN traffic graph seems to be broken still.

Also, I live in an apartment so transmit power has never been an issue for me but my TX power is set to the default 20 dBm and is getting 19 dBm. It sounds like a lot of people have been limited to 17 dBm before so maybe the new build addressed that. I believe my old Broadcom-based WRT54G achieved TX powers in the neighborhood of 70 dBm but the WZR-HP-G300NH is set to 20 dBm by default. Why so low? Can the transmit power on the two routers be compared apples-to-apples?
pbuck
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="spaaarky21"]
Danthrax wrote:

Also, I live in an apartment so transmit power has never been an issue for me but my TX power is set to the default 20 dBm and is getting 19 dBm. It sounds like a lot of people have been limited to 17 dBm before so maybe the new build addressed that. I believe my old Broadcom-based WRT54G achieved TX powers in the neighborhood of 70 dBm but the WZR-HP-G300NH is set to 20 dBm by default. Why so low? Can the transmit power on the two routers be compared apples-to-apples?

You're mixing up mW and dBm. Your WRT54G achieved TX output of 70mW.

100mW is approximately 20dBm.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 13:27    Post subject: Re: So will A0 A3 devices eventually be fully supported? Reply with quote
Sigma47 wrote:

there is no issue with a3 with all newer builds (current is 14667). buffalo replaced the flash chip with a different one in these newer devices and i implemented the support for it. i tested it also locally with such a device

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 15:39    Post subject: Re: So will A0 A3 devices eventually be fully supported? Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
Sigma47 wrote:

there is no issue with a3 with all newer builds (current is 14667). buffalo replaced the flash chip with a different one in these newer devices and i implemented the support for it. i tested it also locally with such a device

How does one download 14667?
danne99se
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 16:01    Post subject: Re: So will A0 A3 devices eventually be fully supported? Reply with quote
Quote:
How does one download 14667?

You can find it here.
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/06-27-10-r14667/
spaaarky21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 18:33    Post subject: Re: So will A0 A3 devices eventually be fully supported? Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

True. Build 14406 seemed to do the trick for the A3's. And I have been running 14594 lately and it seems to be an improvement over 14406.

However, I just tried 14667 and I would NOT recommend it. When I would try to apply changes, I would get a blank page. When I went back to that configuration page, my settings had not be saved. That happened in Firefox and Safari both. I was able to get a few basic settings saved somehow but I didn't have any luck configuring wireless security or anything like that.

On a side note, now that I've gone back to 14594, the WAN traffic by month graph seems be to fixed. It never worked before in 14406 or 14594 but it's working now. Go figure.
Thyrael
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a Problem with the WAN Traffic Counter too, its the only Problem that i have encountered so far btw, after a 3rd 30/30/30 the WAN Counter starts working, no crashing of httpd or something like that already described here. Router (WZR-HP-G300NH) Uptime at this Point was over 3 Days, the Problem and Crashes normaly happens after a few Hours Uptime or a bit over a Day.

I updated to 14667 now and looking forward to the Things that will happen or not.
Dralt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed 14667 and it seems to work just fine on a A0 A3.
Haven't done any extensive tests yet, but good initial impression.

Do you think this is going to fall far from the Buffalo branded dd-wrt? This late in the game, this build must be pretty close to the real thing.

Oh and what's the equivalent of a 30-30-30 reset with this router? Is it applicable?
Thyrael
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
After 1 Day of Uptime, the ttraf dont stops working but erased the Traffic Graph. After a Reboot the Counter counts the Traffic but dont use the Graph. Going back to 14594 now.

Edit:
After the Downgrade to 14594 and a 30/30/30, ttraf count the Traffic but dont use the "Traffic by Month" Graph, i have to restore my saved Settings from the first 14594 Installation. Now ttraf counts the Data and use the Graph, dont know what happen after some Uptime.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 63, 64, 65  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 30 of 65
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: