wrt600n - Need help [Fixed]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dark_Shadow wrote:
Are the spots too small for pogo pins (just for testing)?

If you can find a holder @ 0.050 centers... Pogo pins would work but as LOM said, you gotta put resisters in series.

My plan is to just solder in cat 5 solid conductors at the suspect points and attach via clips for testing (with resisters)..

However.. I have no device to "hack". It will be ugly :P

Actually.. I hear LOM has a 600 coming his way.. If anyone can find the jtag points, LOM can.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
It boots! Thank you so much, barryware!

(Yep, I'm the idiot who killed this router. Razz)

I haven't had time to extensively test it yet but there seems to be another problem with it. This same problem is affecting my WRT350N as well. I don't know for sure what is causing it.

Anyway, here it is. Neither of these routers will let me make a connection to them. I can see the network, I just cannot associate with it (encryption, no encryption, nothing). On the 350N it doesn't work on dd-wrt or the stock firmware. I have not yet tested this on the 600N.

When the problem first surfaced (after I JTAG'd the 350N after a period of time sitting on a shelf, broken). I had crossed the antennas much like in your pictures, while having the router up and running and I thought perhaps this had caused undue stress on the radio and burned it out or something (is this possible? I admit I don't know much about this- just a theory of mine).

My other theory is that the CFE needs the radio parameters from the factory partition when it initializes the radio, and those being missing it doesn't work. (However the evidence would seem to be against this theory).

Thank you for helping me get this far and please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions. Smile

Se7en is Darker...
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tested your radios.. both of them. I put your 600 in place of my 3300 and several clients were associated on both bands. (ip cams, media center extenders, and my laptop). I never used your power supply.

What build did I leave on there? 12874? That is what is on my 600 when I replace it with the 3300.

If you are having problems with two routers, I think the problem may be elswhere.

You can always flash back to stock and see what that does.

BTW.. dd-wrt wipes out the factory partition. My 600 runs fine.

Crossing the antennas will not damage the radios..

The only "common" antenna is the middle flipper. Each of the other "external" antennas are for different radios.

Each radio.. One external, one internal, flipper

Good luck..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, that's good to know. Yes, BS 12874 mini is on the router. I'll do some more testing with different clients and different firmwares and let you know how it goes.
Se7en is Darker...
jmh9072
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay. There must just be too many wireless devices in my area for N to work on certain channels. Setting it to G-mode only on channel 6 worked. Setting 40Mhz N on 11 + lower also worked (but did not work on 5 + lower).

I had absolutely no trouble with any settings on the 5Ghz band.

I have not tested the WRT350N further as of yet.

Se7en is Darker...
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
jmh9072 wrote:
Okay. There must just be too many wireless devices in my area for N to work on certain channels. Setting it to G-mode only on channel 6 worked. Setting 40Mhz N on 11 + lower also worked (but did not work on 5 + lower).

I had absolutely no trouble with any settings on the 5Ghz band.

I have not tested the WRT350N further as of yet.

What does site survey tell you?

I have many AP's around me. Most are on channel 6 :D

I use channel 1 & 10 for my two 2.4ghz AP's. Your router was tested with the same settings I use with my 3300. I just turned off the radios in the 3300 and put your 600 into service as a switch & dual AP.

Your router was tested using ch1 on the 2.4 ghz radio (G only), and ch 136 on the 5ghz radio (NA only).

It worked as well as my 3300 and my 600. I accessed the associated G clients. Streamed some media to the NA clients with no problems.

It was in service for about an hour or so. As said, I didn't use your power supply. I used a 5 amp ps I have on the bench.

Navigation

Jump to: