Will dd-wrt support RT-N13U?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
surajitbaral
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 15:49    Post subject: Printer Support Reply with quote
Anybody able to use a printer with the new firmware?? If so, please let me know the steps you went through. Thank you.

Also, do I need to flash the .trx file or the the .bin file too?? Please reply. Thanks.
Sponsor
kofin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 18:35    Post subject: Re: Printer Support Reply with quote
surajitbaral wrote:

Also, do I need to flash the .trx file or the the .bin file too?? Please reply. Thanks.

kalpik wrote:

1. Download asus-to-ddwrt.trx from ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/06-12-10-r14594/Asus-RTN13U/

2. Install Asus Utilities from here: http://support.asus.com.tw/download/download.aspx?product=11&model=RT-N13U&SLanguage=en-us

3. Disable windows firewall.

4. Power off the router, then keep the reset button pressed, and power on the router. Let go of the reset button once the power LED starts blinking.

5. Open Asus firmware restoration utility, and flash asus-to-ddwrt.trx

6. Wait a minute after the flash is done, then reboot router. Now you should have dd-wrt running Smile

=>you need only asus-to-ddwrt.trx file

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
ekampreet wrote:
kalpik wrote:
ekampreet wrote:

great news man.

can you please elaborate the steps to install firmware for newbie like me.

thanks to developers anyway..............

1. Download asus-to-ddwrt.trx from ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/06-12-10-r14594/Asus-RTN13U/

2. Install Asus Utilities from here: http://support.asus.com.tw/download/download.aspx?product=11&model=RT-N13U&SLanguage=en-us

3. Disable windows firewall.

4. Power off the router, then keep the reset button pressed, and power on the router. Let go of the reset button once the power LED starts blinking.

5. Open Asus firmware restoration utility, and flash asus-to-ddwrt.trx

6. Wait a minute after the flash is done, then reboot router. Now you should have dd-wrt running Smile

thanks man, will give it a try today.

will let you knw the status .

thanks once again.

I tried to install it , and bingo done so.
But after that i m unable to use Internet. Actually i m using a ADSL Modem through which i connect to internet and then router, bt after tryin many settings I was unable to run internet with DD-WRT.

WHen i shift back to ASUS firmware again everything starts working.

Can someone tell me how to set up my ADSL modem with DD-WRT ( ADSL Modem using IP : 192.168.1.1 and Router : 192.168.1.11 )
fengl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed the newest (r14594) trx file into RT-N13U and it works. But I don't know know how to mount the USB disk and access the space through ftp. Did anyone have an idea? Thanks a lot!
coolmen777
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
What functionality other then basic router does this firmware supports? Specifically in regards to USB port functionality like print server, ftp or external hard drive access (NTFS or FAT32)? Will it ever be similar to ASUS WL-520gU? Was anyone successful at configuring print server? Thanks for the feedback...
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
fengl wrote:
I flashed the newest (r14594) trx file into RT-N13U and it works. But I don't know know how to mount the USB disk and access the space through ftp. Did anyone have an idea? Thanks a lot!

Not sure if this helps but.....

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/USB_storage

May reference it, i say this because it can be different on different devices, so you may wanna test and see what works for you.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
coolmen777 wrote:
What functionality other then basic router does this firmware supports? Specifically in regards to USB port functionality like print server, ftp or external hard drive access (NTFS or FAT32)? Will it ever be similar to ASUS WL-520gU? Was anyone successful at configuring print server? Thanks for the feedback...

All of these bombardment of questions can be answered by searching the wiki and google.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
enduser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:55    Post subject: bingo! Reply with quote
firmware successfully flashed, but looks like the SSH access is disabled and no where to enable it, anybody has clue?
kalpik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:11    Post subject: Re: bingo! Reply with quote
enduser wrote:
firmware successfully flashed, but looks like the SSH access is disabled and no where to enable it, anybody has clue?

Check in the services section.

Anyway, i can confirm that QoS isn't working in this build. Tried both QoS methods. When i try to check (using http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Qos#How_Do_You_Check_What_QoS_Priorities_Were_Applied)

via:
Code:

awk '{ gsub(/(src|dst|sport|dport|mark)=/, ""); printf "%s %-21s %-21s %s\n", $1, $1 == "tcp" ? $5 ":" $7 : $4 ":" $6, $1 == "tcp" ? $6 ":" $8 : $5 ":" $7, $NF == 0 ? "Default/Standard" : $NF == 10 ? "Premium" : $NF == 20 ? "Express" : $NF == 30 ? "Standard" : $NF == 40 ? "Bulk" : "Exempt" }' /proc/net/ip_conntrack

For all traffic, i get exempt Sad Can anyone else confirm?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:57    Post subject: Re: bingo! Reply with quote
enduser wrote:

I can only guess and my guess is that something had to be taken out in order to shrink the firmware so it could fit in the flash.

See my sig what I think of 4MB flash based routers..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:58    Post subject: Re: bingo! Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
enduser wrote:

I can only guess and my guess is that something had to be taken out in order to shrink the firmware so it could fit in the flash.

See my sig what I think of 4MB flash based routers..

SSH access works Smile
tzjwxpre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks to BS and all the people help to make this router can flash dd-wrt finally!

Flashed dd-wrt works fine for basic utility, but when turn on all USB funtions and plug USB flash drive, it only shows the information of this USB drive. However, it shows "not mounted" and I have tried the wiki's instructions. still can't make it works! does someone make it mount successfully? please share the right way~ thanks in advance!
fengl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
fengl wrote:

Not sure if this helps but.....

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/USB_storage

May reference it, i say this because it can be different on different devices, so you may wanna test and see what works for you.

Here is the information under disk info. All USB Support options were enable.

--- /dev/discs/disc0/disc
Block device, size 3.691 GiB (3963617280 bytes)
DOS/MBR partition map
Partition 1: 3.688 GiB (3959422976 bytes, 7733248 sectors from 8192)
Type 0x0B (Win95 FAT32)
FAT32 file system (hints score 4 of 5)
Volume size 3.684 GiB (3955228672 bytes, 120704 clusters of 32 KiB)

And no NAS tag under service tag.
ekampreet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi ,
I installed the DD-WRT , everything got succesfull.

But after installation I m unable to access internet, are there some specific settings need to done to connect to internet through ADSL modem .
kalpik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can anyone else please confirm if QoS is working or not?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 57, 58, 59  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 10 of 59
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: