Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
ManicDefender
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:16    Post subject: Re: Sounds to easy Reply with quote
cooper_five wrote:
ManicDefender wrote:
You do not need to tftp this router...

Download this one first:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download/Buffalo/WHR-HP-G300N/-/buffalo-to-dd-wrt_webflash-EU-US.bin/2371

Flash that using the normal buffalo firmware gui first.

Then download:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download/Buffalo/WHR-HP-G300N/-/whr-hp-g300n-firmware.bin/2370

Simply install this file by doing a normal firmware upgrade (your router IP should now be http://192.168.1.1 and NOT 192.168.11.1)

Hope this helps Very Happy

Sounds awfully easy!! Did you use IE or Firefox for the download? Heard that IE works better.

Just to confirm I used Firefox to flash both parts of the firmware. Really looking forward to the Buffalo/DD-Wrt release for this particular router Very Happy
Sponsor
handsomeboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mod, may i know where can i get the revert firmware for the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH ? Thx!
ManicDefender
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is no point reverting firmware unless it is absolutely neccessary, as there will be a DD-WRT/Buffalo combined firmware coming out for the Buffalo HP routers within the next few weeks hopefully.

I think BrainSlayer is in japan finalising everything
rooter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
i already published a factory revert firmware for the WZR HP G300NH here in the forum. the warranty is also not void since future devices will be shipped with dd-wrt. the differences between the buffalo dd-wrt firmware and the public one are minor.

Can someone help me finding that link ?

I just got that router 2 days ago and updated to dd-wrt immediately so I didn't have the chance to explore the original firmware.

Now that BrainSlayer has said it is possible, It would be nice to try the original one.

Best Regards,
rooter
samurai01
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
and in case you want to revert. flash this binary from dd-wrt webgui

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66494&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=wzrhpg300n&start=30

wzrg300nh_original.bin
rooter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
samurai01 wrote:
and in case you want to revert. flash this binary from dd-wrt webgui

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66494&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=wzrhpg300n&start=30

wzrg300nh_original.bin

Really appreciate the help Very Happy
fireeater
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
okay lets clear some myths. yes the original buffalo firmares are encrypted, but since i'm able to create such encrypted files, i can also decrypt them. the factory planned firmware for dd-wrt, does accept encrypted as well as the open file format of dd-wrt. if i can integrate this into the firmare for the public is not yet clear but in any way i'm able to provide recovery firmwares. so nobody is stuck to dd-wrt this is wrong. i already published a factory revert firmware for the WZR HP G300NH here in the forum. the warranty is also not void since future devices will be shipped with dd-wrt. the differences between the buffalo dd-wrt firmware and the public one are minor.

the dd-wrt firmware for factory flashed models has AOSS support
. it comes with a setup wizard for first time configuration.
the gui looks a little bit different, but not much
(see screenshot)
it will accept encrypted buffalo firmware files as well as open dd-wrt files. (but it will check the country settings stored in the encrypted files before it will flash, so it will not be possible to flash a US firmware on japanese router models and vice versa)
the country selection list for the wireless setup will also be restricted to the country code the router comes with. supported regions are US, EU, Asia Pacific and Japan. so the country selection list will show different values in different regions.
the wireless basic menu has also be cleaned up for easier configuration which will be implemented into the public firmare too once its finished. there is a advanced settings checkbox for accessing the full configuration parameter list

its really cool to get all the DDWRT features(CB,RB & etc.) in Buffalo manufactures firmware. and surely I will buy one when its released.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Brainslayer, since you're probably reading replies to this thread, is there any way you can give some of your attention to the A00-A03 hardware versions of the wzr-hp-g300nh which appear to have Uboot 1.06 preventing them from loading any version of DD-WRT (constant reboot after 15 seconds). You mention you pushed a factory firmware recovery for the WZR, I found that and tried to flash DD-WRT after flashing that recovery. Same thing. It would really be lovely to see it running on this hardware version of the router as it appears this will be one of Buffalos current models that will get the DD-WRT treatment.
Hale
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can I upload back original non-wrt firmware after installing DD-WRT on Buffalo? How? (Japanese version of WHR-HP-G300N A0)
Is it possible at all to upload DD-WRT to A0 ?
Hale
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/23/10) std - build 14311

Yes. Japanese version is modified successfully, to all the developers, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Your Client-Virtual_AP repeateng mode is wonderful! (BrainSlayer, others?)

I don't even understant what does WDS mode exist for Rolling Eyes

=======================================

But there are some considerable BUGS
1) It is impossible to tune Tx power!!! Anything I write into "TX Power" or "Antenna Gain" has NO RESULT on actual power of transmission.
I am afraid for my health! (since the repeater is on my working table)
2)In WEP mode setup "Open" and "Shared key" options are mixed up.
I can connect this repeater to "preshared WEP AP" only with "Open" option.
The same is for connection from PC to the repeater: PC is "shared", but on repeater it is necessary to set "Open".

Some mistakes in WEB-face?

================

Again about "Antenna Chains"
On THIS model (WHR-HP-G300N) what number EXACTLY corresponds to which antenna ?

Generally (for other routers) people say that 2 is unbound on Atheros.
BUT here it is surely bound - I,ve tried to set different combinations and to disconnect antennas.

But I can't understand WHY antennas have so different gains and Why in some combinations for ONE antenna (visibly, like 1+2), other one is also active. something like that.

Actually I think, default options in this firmware is mistakenly set for different Atheros router. Is it so?
Wolf Kodi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:28    Post subject: Factory Revert Firmware for WHR HP G300N Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
i already published a factory revert firmware for the WZR HP G300NH here in the forum. the warranty is also not void since future devices will be shipped with dd-wrt. the differences between the buffalo dd-wrt firmware and the public one are minor.

Has the Factory Revert Firmware for WHR HP G300N been published somewhere or is it still in progress? If it is, will someone be kind enough to post a link/attachment here in this thread? Thanks. :)

Edit: It's alright, I've managed to revert back to Buffalo DD-WRT built by using tftp. However, the Tx Power still auto changes between 13-17dBm. What is it auto adjusting to? How can I just set it at a fix 17dBm?
s_yossi2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hale wrote:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/23/10) std - build 14311

Yes. Japanese version is modified successfully, to all the developers, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Your Client-Virtual_AP repeateng mode is wonderful! (BrainSlayer, others?)

I don't even understant what does WDS mode exist for Rolling Eyes

=======================================

But there are some considerable BUGS
1) It is impossible to tune Tx power!!! Anything I write into "TX Power" or "Antenna Gain" has NO RESULT on actual power of transmission.
I am afraid for my health! (since the repeater is on my working table)
2)In WEP mode setup "Open" and "Shared key" options are mixed up.
I can connect this repeater to "preshared WEP AP" only with "Open" option.
The same is for connection from PC to the repeater: PC is "shared", but on repeater it is necessary to set "Open".

Some mistakes in WEB-face?

================

Again about "Antenna Chains"
On THIS model (WHR-HP-G300N) what number EXACTLY corresponds to which antenna ?

Generally (for other routers) people say that 2 is unbound on Atheros.
BUT here it is surely bound - I,ve tried to set different combinations and to disconnect antennas.

But I can't understand WHY antennas have so different gains and Why in some combinations for ONE antenna (visibly, like 1+2), other one is also active. something like that.

Actually I think, default options in this firmware is mistakenly set for different Atheros router. Is it so?

the same proble, here Sad
can i update to the orginal firmwere?
or there is newer ver from 14311 ??

thanks
yossi
vibranto
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
s_yossi2 wrote:

the same proble, here Sad
can i update to the orginal firmwere?
or there is newer ver from 14311 ??

thanks
yossi

• Re: Revert, yes you need to get it from the OEM CDs and you need to work out the TFTP process to do it
  • However, the official Buffalo DD-WRT is out now here is a thread about how to load it if you're on the older 'public' DD-WRT http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=73512&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
  • In that same thread are instructions on how to TFTP any firmware version via either Windoze or Linux
  • The new Buffalo OEM CD also contains factory firmware so that is a one-stop source for either version and is the same TFTP process to load either
  • New OEM DD-WRT doesn't fix the set-transmit-power issue but does seem better performance/stability than the older public versions. See more in that other thread. Not sure if that will fix whatever problems/issues/gaps you are have because you dont really say specifically, but at any rate if you want factory revert you can certainly do that too.
Highland
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 18:47    Post subject: Packet Loss Reply with quote
I recently got one of these routers and was able to flash it to the Buffalo's 14512 firmware (vast improvement over the stock firmware). I thought all was well until I tried to play a game. The packet loss was annoying. Not unplayable but enough to where it was noticable. Using net_graph I could see the dropped packets.

A ping test to Yahoo afterward confirmed that I was dropping around 20% of my packets. And, yes, I am on Ethernet, not wireless. There was no problem with packet loss before installing the router.

I then flashed back to 1.82 stock firmware where I sit now. There are no packet loss problems since flashing back (and flashing back was simple, as advertised).

I suspect that part of the problem might be Buffalo's "idiot switch" on the back of the router. The switch sets what "mode" the router runs in (router, bridge, etc). Auto (default setting) appears to be problematic. The stock firmware couldn't figure out I was on DHCP and obtain an IP. After switching to On (router mode) it let me specify DHCP and obtained one from the modem.

I'll try flashing back later and trying it with the On setting but I thought I would mention this here. I'm also not alone in this problem

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Wireless/WHR-HP-G300N-DD-WRT-packet-loss/td-p/32671/highlight/false
shadowinq
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got one of these last week (Aug 31) with the latest DD-WRT preloaded on it and was experiencing 30-50% packet loss. I switched the switch on the back to "ON" and now I'm golden, not dropping any packets so far, although my testing has been "ping www.google.com -t" and letting it run for 10 minutes. Hope it helps someone Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: