Linksys WRT54G2 now supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
luis55
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 22:11    Post subject: Re: TFTP on LinuxMint Reply with quote
Sicorius wrote:
I am looking to update the WRT54G2v1 but my machines are Linux Mint. Is there a TFTP client that would be advised to be used or should I really look for a Windows machine?

The linksys-tftp app is also available for linux: linksys-tftp.tar.bz2
Here's a comprehensive guide for this model using a linux box: link

You'll see there's not really much difference Wink
Sponsor
SidGainer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Carpediem what ver of firmware you using? I was having the same issue as you. I've tried 12548 and 13064, both with issues. 12774 was recommended so I will try that tonight, then maybe the latest 14205 build. My advice would be to try some different firmware revisions and see how they treat you.
kdelover
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello All,

I made a silly mistake of flashing my WRT54G2-V1 with a dd-wrt.v24-12548_NEWD-2_micro-plus.bin instead of a NEWD firmware.

The problem now is,the power LED doesn't turn up and i cannot ping my router at 192.168.1.1,i get destination unreachable error.

What do i need to do resurrect my dead router? Sad. The router is just 1 day old,is it possible for me to go n get the router replaced as it is under warranty ??
mGforCe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 18:10    Post subject: Unusual Problem Reply with quote
I am facing this unusual problem on my WRT54G2-V1 flashed with dd-wrt.v24-13491_NEWD_micro.bin

After the router is ON for 1 hr or so the Wireless Speed for connected laptops drop down to 1 mbps compared to 54 mbps at time of router bootup.

I tried few different firmware version but the issue continues.

For info of all, I am using the router as plain AP which is connected to ADSL Modem. In security I am using WPA Personal TKIP + AES with Key Renewal Interval set as 99999 secs.

But the problem still continues. Pls let me know what is likely solution for this problem..
holmez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:36    Post subject: Re: issue with build 13064 Reply with quote
enohand, I was having the same issue. Used Internet Exploder and it worked fine.

enohand wrote:
ok just flashed my router with the firmware (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) micro
(SVN revision 13064) from the guides all went smooth

except now i am trying to make changes & save them, but they dont take. As soon as i hit apply, or save it takes me to a blank page, then i nav back to the IP & its all the old info

(i have tried chaning LAN ip, router name, wirelss SSID, etc....nothing sticks.

Also then i tried loading a newer firmware (dd-wrt.v24-13577_NEWD_micro-plus.bin)but when i hit the upgrade button it takes me to a Connection was rest page, but the modem doesnt appear to be rebooting...when i go back to this address "http://192.168.1.1/upgrade.cgi" it says upgrade failed...

anyone know what the issue could be?

i am using fire fox as my browser....could that be the problem?
drioo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys,

I have flashed my WRT54G2v1.0 with dd-wrt.v24-10709_NEWD_micro;

Everything went fine and works good, except low speed;

Direct cabled to my laptop gives me about: 80-100Mbps;
Router before flash through cable gave me: 60-80Mbps;
Router after flash through cable gives me: maxx 36Mbps;

Wifi speed is the same as before limited to 16-20Mbps;

I have tried all the configurations, QoS is disabled, no change in speed at all. Is there anything I can do to reach my 100Mbps with ddwrt flashed router?
rafaeldw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi all, i've been looking around for some time to upgrade to dd-wrt too and managed to do it today
i did my research before doing it and finished with no problems, right now i'm using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) micro (SVN revision 13064) and it's working fine actually, but with one problem: Slowdown

since i got my Linksys WRT54G2 v1 it all worked fine, download reached 216KB/s, same speed as my adsl
but a few days ago it started to bump a little bit, and wifi speed did not reach its maximum, so i started to try all kinds of restarts/reinstall

i upgraded to dd-wrt and it was good for a while, but i'm still seeing slowdown in my speed.

i've digged the peacock thread looking for answers, got into the "router slowdown" wiki which was very helpful, but still i'm getting a slowdown in speed

my question is: since i updaded to firmware dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin, i wondered if changing to dd-wrt.v24-10709_NEWD_micro.bin would help? (i see in the post above that it didn't :/ )
the router's memory sure have something to do with the speed right, since the new firmware occupies most of memory, it will sure slowdown the router if it has less memory available...right?

i'm still trying to gather more info from logs and other stuff but for now, would a new upgrade to this 10709 help? i can just load it form the webgui?

thanks for your help!
(sorry for any english mistakes, not my first language Smile
luis55
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check this threads:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=434180#434180

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=48893

Last edited by luis55 on Sat May 08, 2010 20:45; edited 3 times in total
ram130
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
any support for v1.5 yet?
TDenis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashed vint firmware (I know I am stupid). Now my wrt54g2 v1 doesn't work. Power led is off. Can't ping the device.
Is it possible to back it to life?
cezarica
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, will there be any support for v1.5 in the near future? Rolling Eyes
rafaeldw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
luis55 wrote:
Check this threads:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=434180#434180

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=48893

right after the upgrade o dd-wrt i couldn`t download a rapidshare/megaupload file without seeing the speed drop from 216KB/s to 50 to 100 to 20 to 200.... it was crazy

i did this

Quote:
On the Wireless>>Advanced tab
Change your Tx power from the default of 70 down to something in the 35-50mW range.

Disable CTS protection, FrameBurst, and Afterburner

Set the Preamble to Auto instead of Long.

Next....change the IP filter settings on the Administration tab to

Max Ports = 4096
TCP/UDP timeouts = 120 each.

changed the Channel to "auto", disabled cts protection (frameburst and afterburner were already off) and SOOO far it looks awesome! :D

of course this could be a temporary thing and very soon i'll start to suffer again, but so far it looks like the connection is wired again, with no wireless problems!

to everyone with speed problems, i recommend reading those topics Wink
javonera
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi. I recently changed stock firmware to "dd-wrt.v24-10709_NEWD_micro.bin" . My router is a wrt54g2 v1, and the wiki says to update it to 12548 . Is there any newer version recommended?
Thanks
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
javonera wrote:
Hi. I recently changed stock firmware to "dd-wrt.v24-10709_NEWD_micro.bin" . My router is a wrt54g2 v1, and the wiki says to update it to 12548 . Is there any newer version recommended?
Thanks
Not unless you want to test. If you want stability, stay with 12548.

Testing Multiple Routers -- Bootloader Collection Project -- My Wiki
cybermiguel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:19    Post subject: Guide to revert to VXWorks Reply with quote
Eko:

Here is the guide to revert to VXWorks WITHOUT USING JTAG.

Preface.

As stated by Wikipedia, the WRT54G2 router has exactly the same hardware the WRT54GS v7 has, so I searched through the internet (specifically this forum) for a way to revert those routers to the original firmware they had.

Fortunately, THERE IS a method to return those routers to their proprietary firmware (VXWorks), so I thought that maybe...just maybe, the methond AND files would be the same for my router (WRT54G2 v1.0), so I followed the instructions below:

Method:
Tornado wrote:
The reversion tool V3 for the Gv8 & GSv7 is located in the Download section, under others/tornado. Remember this is TEST firmware. I have tested this as completly as I can on a Gv8 & GSv7, with success every time. Below I will also include my Recommended procedure to revert to the original Linksys firmware.

Thank you BrainSlayer, for this reversion tool, nice job.

1. Reset to defaults.
2. Open your browser to the Administration -> firmware upgrade screen.
3. Browse for and choose the reversion firmware. "vxworksrevert.bin" and click apply.
Wait aprox 2 "two" min after hitting apply.
4. Power off the router and back on.
5. Go to 192.168.1.1 in your browser, you should be at the mgmt mode screen.
6. Browse to and locate the Linksys original firmware, etc WRT54Gv8_v8.00.0_fw.bin or the GSv7 firmware for your router - and click apply. - wait for upgrade success screen, and then wait an additional 45 seconds after powering on the router.
7. Go to 192.168.1.1, you should have the original Linksys firmware installed.

I timed these procedures...and they are aprox., any additional will not hurt.

The method above works for WRT54G v8.0, which has 2mb flash and 8mb RAM (which would be like WRT54G2 v1.3), so I used the files for the WRT54GS v7.0, which has 2mb flash and 16mb RAM (which would be like WRT54G2 v1.0).

Downloaded the files, done everything stated above, step-by-step and....voilá, router reverted to VXWorks.

Obviously it will say "WRT54G" or "WRT54G2", but that's a minor issue.

Now, the vxworks firmware stored at the Tornado folder is old, so I recommend you to go to Cisco's website and download the latest version.

For the 8mb RAM (which are WRT54G v8.0 or WRT54G2 v1.3) version

For the 16mb RAM (which are WRT54GS v7.0 or WRT54G2 v1.0) version.

I hope you find this guide useful. DD-WRT is a wonderful firmware, but wi-fi works like hell on these crappy routers (come on guys, admit it: these routers are not worthy of such awesomeness as the dd-wrt firmware).

To Tornado, for his method and tools to make this revert possible.

To Eko and Brainslayer, because we wouldn't exist as a community and wouldn't have the wonderful software dd-wrt is if they haven't created it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 76, 77, 78  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 72 of 78
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: