wrt54g ver. 2.0 flash: cannot log in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jamtat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 18:18    Post subject: wrt54g ver. 2.0 flash: cannot log in Reply with quote
Sorry if I'm putting this post in the wrong place. I did not see any forum for Linksys WRT54G routers. In any case, I've just downloaded the dd-wrt.v23_mini_generic.bin and flashed my WRT54G ver. 2 Linksys (CDF5XXX) router with it. I did the flash/upgrade through the WRT54G's web panel. There did not appear to be any hitches, and I did not hit the reset button, unplug the router or anything like that during the flash. The power light blinked for a bit, the web panel flashed a message saying the upgrade was successful, and I hit the "continue" button. That popped up the login prompt. I originally tried the login info I used for the Linksys web panel, but that was not working. I consulted more of the dd-wrt documentation and understood I should be using root as the username and admin as the password. But I've tried that many times now and am still unable to log in. What else can I try? Is it safe to power off and on the router now, or maybe press the reset button, to see if that will allow me to log in? Further pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks, James
Sponsor
jamtat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I should mention that the WRT54G v. 2 seems fully functional apart from not allowing logins for administration. All its lights come on, it gives out an IP to client machines (on the wired ports--haven't tried wireless yet), it responds to pings, and it presents you with a login screen at 192.168.1.1 . It's just that no login information I've tried will allow me to log in and do administration. So, it's mostly, but not fully, functional. I don't have the WAN port hooked to anything, but I don't see why that should matter. Clues on how to log in, anyone?

Thanks,
James
maloavi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also have the same problem, after upgrading i cant even access the control panel,
at first the login box appeared but after i tried 5 times the loggin box doesn't even appear
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
push the reset button for 30 seconds and reset it to factory defaults. this is all what is needed to login with root/admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Notice login/pass is root/admin not the linksys no username password admin. SO if you are just using the original linksys set pass it is root/admin instead of before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: