BS build 14144 3G/UTMS option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
jjgarciasp
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you mind sharing what you did... what worked, what didn't work?
Linksys WRT54GSv4.0 RB
Linksys WRT54GSv6.0 RB w/issues
Sponsor
ESKIMOn00b
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Re-cap of my afternoon with this SoB:
drove out to remote ass location where setup is planned...
grilled some burgers....
plugged air-card into netbook (S-10) running ubuntu netbook 9.10
used G1 tethered to laptop to pull up aircard (UMG181) info
and came up with 2 possible configs
1:
user: user
pass: pass
APN: internet2.voicestream.com
dial: *99#
0r 2:
user:
pass:
APN: epc.tmobile.com

got it working in UNR by doing a mix of the 2:
user:
pass:

after much frustration and many time outs (probably due to signal issues, hence the switch from T-mo to sprint) i jacked the air-card for the evening, brought it home and setteled in for some troubleshooting

here at my house where 3G is freakin phenominal i had "no" issues (except for that feeling that comes from going from DOCSIS 3.0 to HSxPA)

so i placed it into the router assuming i could just translate all the settings into the router and it would work, and i could chalk it all up to crummy GPRS... no such luck

i just started changing stuff till it worked and i would up with this:
dial: *99***1#

and no i cant answer why. Proof of concept is complete for me, im just hoping you can get it to recognise that 3g/4g stick as thats what i was planning getting tomorrow :cry:

edit:
i guess i should elaborate on success, it works beautifully wifi, wired, both at once (im only using G on this unit). i believe it even re-connected when i simulated power loss while connected, but i might be nuts. my only complaint is in my previous post about the awesome traffic monitor, it even has tallies for monthly, but it doesn't count, it stays on 0. the bandwidth tab shows traffic flow, but the neat little traffic monitor that pops up when connected via 3g (i could catch a glimpse of it as the modem attempted to dial but failed to connect, maybe you can use that to tell if its even recognizing the modem), btw its actually on 14473 now

edit more: yes when i reboot router while air-card is connected it reconnects! which is sweet, and also it finally creeped up to 1MB on the traffic count. dunno if im just stupid or if its a little off, cuz id swear ive used more than 1MB.

one other tragedy though, DDNS dosent seem to work... the WAN interface shows one IP and DDNS shows a different ip as my "current IP" and the auto update also rolls it to an improper IP. wonder if the sprint card will exibit the same behavior if you get it rolling
jjgarciasp
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Excellent.. thanks. Loved the play-by-play. :)

FYI, I work for Sprint, send me a PM and I may be able to get you a little discount on your planned purchase of a 3G/4G card.

Linksys WRT54GSv4.0 RB
Linksys WRT54GSv6.0 RB w/issues
ESKIMOn00b
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
well for anyone who cares, or has any stellar ideas, heres where im at with my new 3g/4g card. it works fine under win7, and after 2 hours of messing with modprobe i finally got it recognized in ubuntu karmic netbook. it dialed in and connected!! and a whole minute or two later it disappeared, and i dont mean the internet connection but the whole device in network manager. the leds on it showed it was still connected via 3g (there are no 4G drivers for linux Crying or Very sad )
some poking around on google shows that its a common issue with my u301 but not so on its younger cousin the 3g/4g u300 (still no 4g, not for any device). havent tossed it in the router yet, figure i'll try that and pray to the wrt gods that it magically works :shrug:

so unless someone has some ideas im probably gonna have it swapped out for another legacy 3g sprint stick thats more linux frendly.... unfortunatly i need this working yesterday... so any reccomendations on 3g sprint sticks that are frendly with dd-wrt?
danish14
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
sorry for hijack ...

its nice play with 3g modem on dd-wrt
unfortunately that asus is expensive in my country
about 100 dollar each

i found cheaper device, around 30 dollar, huawei d100
unfortunately still unsupport to dd-wrt

i have open thread to request support it device
lets give a vote for support it
its nice if dd-wrt work on it

thanks
ESKIMOn00b
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bought the router for its RAM/ROM as well... 100 is a great deal compared to a cradlepoint that won't to jack compared to this.

Also remember there is only 3g WAN in the mega builds, so you device need 8Mb+ flashROM
_NemO_
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does it work with mobile phone like Nokia E72?
lcruz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:22    Post subject: Bump WZR-HP-G300NH with GlobeTrotter HSUPA Modem (Telava) Reply with quote
Looking for help getting an Option iCON 4xx to work with a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH running build 14537

I have enabled USB Support, 3G/UMTS, Dial String *99# (3G/UMTS) or *99***1# (3G/UMTS), APN: GNE

But still have not been able to make this work.

Found the following:
NDIS or Standard modem emulation for compatibility with terminal programs/ diallers and for use with proprietary operating systems

AT Interface 3GPP TS27.005, ATD*99# and ATD*99*** CID # support

Multiple communication ports for simultaneous data call and network coverage reports

I can have the unit online for remote access pm if interested Help

<6>usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
<6>usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
<6>usbcore: registered new device driver usb
<6>usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
<6>usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
<6>usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial
<6>drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial Driver core
<6>drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for Sierra USB
modem
<6>usbcore: registered new interface driver sierra
<6>drivers/usb/serial/sierra.c: USB Driver for Sierra Wireless USB modems: v.1.7
<6>drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for GSM modem
(1-port)
<6>usbcore: registered new interface driver option
<6>drivers/usb/serial/option.c: USB Driver for GSM modems: v0.7.1
<6>usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using ar71xx-ehci and address 2
<6>usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
<7>usb-storage: device found at 2
<7>usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
<7>usb-storage: device scan complete

Found these settings for windows drivers:

ConnectString4 AT+CGREG?^0,1~0,5~1,1~1,5~
ConnectString5 AT_OWANCALL=1,1,1^OK~
ConnectString6 AT_OWANCALL?^,1~, 1~
ConnectString7 AT_OWANDATA?^OWANDATA~

Hardware ids:
OPTIONBUS\GTHS41_MDM

Bump. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
ESKIMOn00b
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check my above post, I basically had to change everything from the carrier provided values... does it seem to dial for a long time(all stats just disappear and it shows "disconnected)? Or it it almost instintaneous when you click connect it goes back to the same screen(disconnected with blank ip and connect button).

I found when using the wrong dial string it bounced me back almost immeadeatly once I got the sting right it seemd to actually try to aunthenticate (takes longer to give you the option to connect again). Then I also had to change the user: and pass:. First id try whatever the isp gives you, at that point see if you can get it to attempt to authenticate. At that point you just need to fiddle with user: and pass:. I tried
User
User

User
Pass

Blank
Blank

Edit:
Also I first attempted to get it working in ubuntu before I jumped to dd-wrt
yamusketeer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found my 3G/UMTS connection on the BS14569 K26 Big is not stable. Connection will be broken in 2-3 minutes, sometime the connection will last for 10-20 minutes. I tried setting like force reconnect 1 or 2 minutes, different dial strings, and keep pinging the outside IP address but it doesn't help at all.

My router is: ASUS RT-N16
3G USB modem is: Hauwei E180

Does anyone has similar experience? Any advice will be highly appreciated. I'll also try different build to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks!

[Note: I fallback to BS14144, the connection is stable]
yokoloko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
_NemO_ wrote:

I'll try it with my E71 during this week and will let you know.

I've tried it with my Nokia CS10 but no success, seems that I need to add some extra step to the modem being recognized as a modem instead of a storage device.
lcruz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 19:44    Post subject: U301 USB Device Sprint 3G/4G Mobile Broadband Reply with quote
Can anyone confirm if the T-Mobile U301 USB Device Sprint 3G/4G Mobile Broadband works with this option?
yokoloko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
yokoloko wrote:
_NemO_ wrote:

I'll try it with my E71 during this week and will let you know.

I've tried it with my Nokia CS10 but no success, seems that I need to add some extra step to the modem being recognized as a modem instead of a storage device.

I`ve tried it with my E71 in "Connect PC to the web" mode and it didn't work.
Apparently the problem is the same I'm facing with my Nokia CS10 modem, the device is detected as a storage device instead of a modem.
Minus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
ESKIMOn00b wrote:
Re-cap of my afternoon with this SoB:
drove out to remote ass location where setup is planned...
grilled some burgers....
plugged air-card into netbook (S-10) running ubuntu netbook 9.10
used G1 tethered to laptop to pull up aircard (UMG181) info
and came up with 2 possible configs
1:
0r 2:
user:
pass:
APN: epc.tmobile.com

got it working in UNR by doing a mix of the 2:
user:
pass:

after much frustration and many time outs (probably due to signal issues, hence the switch from T-mo to sprint) i jacked the air-card for the evening, brought it home and setteled in for some troubleshooting

here at my house where 3G is freakin phenominal i had "no" issues (except for that feeling that comes from going from DOCSIS 3.0 to HSxPA)

so i placed it into the router assuming i could just translate all the settings into the router and it would work, and i could chalk it all up to crummy GPRS... no such luck

i just started changing stuff till it worked and i would up with this:
dial: *99***1#

and no i cant answer why. Proof of concept is complete for me, im just hoping you can get it to recognise that 3g/4g stick as thats what i was planning getting tomorrow :cry:

edit:
i guess i should elaborate on success, it works beautifully wifi, wired, both at once (im only using G on this unit). i believe it even re-connected when i simulated power loss while connected, but i might be nuts. my only complaint is in my previous post about the awesome traffic monitor, it even has tallies for monthly, but it doesn't count, it stays on 0. the bandwidth tab shows traffic flow, but the neat little traffic monitor that pops up when connected via 3g (i could catch a glimpse of it as the modem attempted to dial but failed to connect, maybe you can use that to tell if its even recognizing the modem), btw its actually on 14473 now

edit more: yes when i reboot router while air-card is connected it reconnects! which is sweet, and also it finally creeped up to 1MB on the traffic count. dunno if im just stupid or if its a little off, cuz id swear ive used more than 1MB.

one other tragedy though, DDNS dosent seem to work... the WAN interface shows one IP and DDNS shows a different ip as my "current IP" and the auto update also rolls it to an improper IP. wonder if the sprint card will exibit the same behavior if you get it rolling

Hello all.
I'm using the Novatel u760 with the Asus WL 500W.
As Masterman stated earlier,I had this working perfectly until recently.
Seems that Sprint made some changes.
After screwing with the setup options forever this is what I did to make it work.

WAN Connection Type
Connection Type:3g/UMTS
User Name: email I used when ordering the device
Password: the one I used when ordering the device

Dial String: #777(cdma/evdo)
APN: my device phone#@sprintpcs.com
PIN

Force reconnect:enabled

STP:disabled

Optional Settings
Router Name: DD-WRT
Host Name
Domain Name
MTU:auto

Network Setup
Router IP
Local IP Address
Subnet Mask
Gateway
Local DNS

Network Address Server Settings (DHCP)
DHCP Type:DHCP server
DHCP Server:enabled

As soon as I set it up this way it connected immediately. Thanks Masterman Wink
loddington
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
daObi wrote:
Masterman wrote:
Success here. Flashed WL500W with 14144 K26 mega, enabled USB, setup the connection type and rebooted. WAN is up! Cool

It works for me too although I have an Asus WL-500gP v1. But if I connect to my ISP via 3G/UMTS it always resets Setup->VLANs->Wireless to none, so wireless connectivity is broken. I have to reassign to LAN manually and all run like a charm. Maybe someone else has the same problem with wifi combined with 3G/UMTS wan connection type.

My kit (ASUS WL-500GP v1) suffers the same problem with Broadcom K26 14684. 3G works a treat but wireless has disappeared until I go to Setup -> VLANs and set Wireless to LAN. Unfortunately after a reboot the same change has to be made again.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: