Have WNDR3700 would like to test any builds available

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 227, 228, 229  Next
Polydactyl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone tried these OpenWRT firmwares?

http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/19694/OpenWRT-for-WNDR3700-jffs2-BETA-10.03-for-Initial-Flashing/
or
http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/19693/OpenWRT-for-WNDR3700-SquashFS-BETA-10.03-for-Initial-Flashing/

Not looking for a OpenWRT discussion so much just wondering how they affect the 3700's radios. Do they affect the range at all?
Sponsor
tola5
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
is it possible to go back to standard firmware and it yes how Smile
Polydactyl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is possible to go back to stock firmware from Open WRT using TFTP. The problem is, I've only done it on a 3700 that had already been flashed with DD-WRT, and it didn't fix the signal strength issue.
pbuck
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it possible to do a 30/30/30 reset on the WNDR3700? Did you try that after reflashing to the original firmware?
Polydactyl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes it's possible, and I did it several times, but it didn't fix the radio problem due DD-WRT drivers overwriting the default drivers.
shadowdancer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Polydactyl wrote:
Has anyone tried these OpenWRT firmwares?

http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/19694/OpenWRT-for-WNDR3700-jffs2-BETA-10.03-for-Initial-Flashing/
or
http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/19693/OpenWRT-for-WNDR3700-SquashFS-BETA-10.03-for-Initial-Flashing/

Not looking for a OpenWRT discussion so much just wondering how they affect the 3700's radios. Do they affect the range at all?

There's a "final" version on openwrt homepage, they promise a 10.03.1 with proper drivers integrated in next release, current needs you downloading them manually.

But their version is in fact MORE dead than dd-wrt, I couldn't get wifi working to any extent at all..

My router is dead as a brick after last flash to stock, doesn't even light up or get warm.
ShadoX
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried those firmwares, i must say OpenWRT compared to DD-WRT is incrediably basic, to get wifi working though you have to ssh in and edit the wifi interface file and remove the "disable" line then they work fine, though i couldn't find where to adjust TX power (it defaulted to full anyhow)

That said, so totally basic, imo even more basic than the standard firmware, unless i completely missed something?

I flashed to the DD-WRT earlier today and it was awesome, then i found this thread and found my wireless was also crippled Sad couldn't even walk 4meters away without the signal dropping to next to unusable (wheres before i could get to the other side of my house and still have great reception). Anyway i restored i restored as per this guide (one thing OpenWRT is good for i guess?)

http://wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/netgear/wndr3700#uh.oh.i.bricked.my.router.optional
(basically i unplugged router,
started pinging 192.168.1.1 in cmd prompt (ie ping -t 192.168.1.1)
held factory reset,
plugged back in while holding reset,
held until power light flashed green and recieved pings
uploaded firmware with TFTP.exe from linksys webby
then waited Smile eventually power light goes amber, then all lights come on, then it boots up normal with lan lights and power+wifi lights on, then access via http://routerlogin.net)

took about 1-2min all up and restored me to factory firmware, and my wireless returned to perfect condition (i actually think, unless conditions in my house suddenly changed, that my wifi is better now lol, before my iphone was pretty hit and miss in the front loungeroom, which is up-stairs and on the other side of the house, now i get a good stable signal and speedtest gets about half my internet speed which is great for the distance)

I'll be watching here intently though for DD-WRT to fix up this wifi problem then i'll be putting it straight back on (would love to tinker around with WDS with a good encryption rather than just WEP, in an effort to extend my wireless more) hopefully it doesn't take too long !
Polydactyl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is a 3700 Wiki on the OpenWRT site that includes procedures for bringing the radios up. It's not for the faint of heart, or those who don't have a lot of free time (me). Most of the wiki is geared towards prepping and then compiling the firmware.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/netgear/wndr3700

But if you've already got OpenWRT installed, maybe you can skip to Step 7 and bring the wireless up.
Polydactyl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
New firmware posted from brainslayer posted here:

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/05-25-10-r14573/netgear-wndr3700/

Haven't tried it yet, and don't know what changes are in it, so don't blame me if your router gets bricked, or explodes.
musicbomber
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just upgraded. Signal quality DEFINITELY improved. Still, not as good as stock firmware, but is way better than the last build. Thanks brainslayer!

I have to go out of home, so I'll not be able to tweak settings and see if signal strength can improve. If somebody has time, would be great to see this beauty working fine.
Mr_DoughBoy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow this fixes the wireless issue!

I hardly notice any difference in the wireless signal to the stock netgear firmware...

Does anyone know how to resolve the LED issue perhaps with a script?

Basically all the LED's dont work correctly, Port 1-4 Does not indicate being in use (flashing)

Internet LED port does not flash either when activity is in use.

Wireless LED seems to work fine though, any ideas anyone on how to resolve the issue?
mismamente
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone with poor wireless upgrade to latests build to try if wifi strengh is recovered? and if after flashing to stock firmware wifi strengh is good?
Mr_DoughBoy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
mismamente wrote:
Can someone with poor wireless upgrade to latests build to try if wifi strengh is recovered? and if after flashing to stock firmware wifi strengh is good?

Yes as stated in my previous post. Almost near to netgear firmware..
antsh86
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great to hear that wifi signal is almost as good as stock now. Maybe, with a bit of settings tweaking it can be as good if not better than stock. Does the wifi signal recover to full when you reflash back to stock? I realize it's almost as good now, but does it recover to full upon stock reflash? This would be the only thing stopping me from trying the new firmware.
Xinot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
antsh86 wrote:
Great to hear that wifi signal is almost as good as stock now. Maybe, with a bit of settings tweaking it can be as good if not better than stock. Does the wifi signal recover to full when you reflash back to stock? I realize it's almost as good now, but does it recover to full upon stock reflash? This would be the only thing stopping me from trying the new firmware.

I need to know this too before i try this.. FF:FF: MAC when back to stock fixed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 227, 228, 229  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 53 of 229
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: