Special versions not available to VINT users

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
Brianwuz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 14:38    Post subject: Special versions not available to VINT users Reply with quote
We are only told of the features when purchasing, then come to find out that because we need a vint build that no one will do a special with the VINT driver. This seems to be a little missleading. Why does it not state that special versions are not for VINT build users?
Sponsor
theproto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Interesting... I am in need of a VINT release for my WAP54G v1 as it shows supported in the shop as well.

Maybe there is another way around this for my unit? I don't know however it does indeed say that my vintage device is supported by v24 special.

Have you made any ground?
Brianwuz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
No advances. I have since baught a new router (Linksys WRT320N) only to find out it needs a new advanced kernal v2.6 driver and the special build are said to be in beta for it and of course not available. There should be a list of routers that are 100% compatible with the special version for people that want to run it without the hit or miss.
jdt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:32    Post subject: Same Here Reply with quote
I am also a supporter and paying customer and am severely disappointed that it at least appears that there is no interest in addressing this problem. With all due respect, I love dd-wrt but feal like I was mislead and left hanging after purchasing the special version.
I am in desperate need of a special version for several workplace deployments of Netgear wnr2000 v2.
Why isn't anyone at least having the courtesy to give us a straight answer instead of the usual wise RTFM remarks. I mean as a paying supporter/customer don't we at least deserve the courtesy of a valid straight forward answer?
I liken it to free email providers. My theory is if its free don't complain and what do you expect for free?
But with something with a free/open source version AND a paid version, paying customers should have at least a more considerate respectful approach to their concerns and needs period.
Sad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: