WNDR3700 128 / 256 Meg upgrade?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
Vaere
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 18:15    Post subject: WNDR3700 128 / 256 Meg upgrade? Reply with quote
Ok, trashing my old computers here and I found a load of old DDR ram. I saw instructions for various other routers for upgrading the ram and was wondering if there would be any advantage to upgrading the ram in this from 64M to 128 or 256...

Anyone? Am already upgrading my TP link 1043 this weekend using the mod below and thought while i was at it i might as well use some of the other ram chips and upgrade this as well. As to why I am upgrading the TP Link, because I can Smile, why trash the ram when I could recycle it into an upgrade.

What perks would there be for doing this, I know the negative in that i could trash it.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd#mb.ram.mod

The current 3700 has 2 32meg chips.

NT5DS16M16CS-5T 16M x 16
Sponsor
Evil-Jay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wasn't aware you could do this? My concern would be with the firmware and ensuring that it reconizes the upgrade. Would help with traffic transfer. Let me know if it works.
luckman212
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
i guess this requires some difficult soldering work. is there anyone that I could sent a wndr3700 + chips to who could do it for a fee?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: