D-Link DIR-615 D4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
thevulture
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:31    Post subject: D-Link DIR-615 D4 Reply with quote
Hi.

Because of this thread.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=61155.

I purchased a d-link dir-615

Unfortunately the version I purchased is H/W ver: D4 not D2.

Can it be flashed?
I cannot find any mention of the D4 by searching the site?

Cheers
Sponsor
saywhat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used this file on my Virgin Media DIR-615 D4 and it worked perfectly. Just uploaded normally through teh web interface and it worked first time hassle free

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/04-16-10-r14289/dlink-dir615d/dlink-dir615d-factory-webflash.bin

Hope that helps
Colin
sexyali
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
excellent news, i just received my D4 from Virginmedia today.
Papfox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I received a DIR-615 D4 free from Virgin Media (UK cable provider) this week when I signed up for their broadband. It came with customised D-Link firmware that was customised to the provider (== they had removed a number of options to stop people messing about with it so they didn't call support all the time.) The supplied firmware version was V1.00VG (Virgin Group) and it was shockingly bad (Dropped connection to the ISP and needed rebooting several times a day - About as much use as a chocolate teapot if you run a VPN server at home and you want to connect reliably from outside).

I took a chance (the thing was so bad I was going to buy another router if I couldn't improve it so I didn't really care if it died) and flashed it with D-Link's official firmware 4.11 for the DIR-615 D1 as advised on another forum. This has improved the reliability (it doesn't crash any more) but the overall experience is still bad (things like my work VPN keep disconnecting every 5 minutes)

The build of ddt-wrt above has applied and looks great. I've got a real router Smile The only slight strangeness is that the WAN light is always yellow (down) even though the WAN is online and functional.

Thanks,
Paul.
Dom1985
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Papfox wrote:
Hi,

I received a DIR-615 D4 free from Virgin Media (UK cable provider) this week when I signed up for their broadband. It came with customised D-Link firmware that was customised to the provider (== they had removed a number of options to stop people messing about with it so they didn't call support all the time.) The supplied firmware version was V1.00VG (Virgin Group) and it was shockingly bad (Dropped connection to the ISP and needed rebooting several times a day - About as much use as a chocolate teapot if you run a VPN server at home and you want to connect reliably from outside).

I took a chance (the thing was so bad I was going to buy another router if I couldn't improve it so I didn't really care if it died) and flashed it with D-Link's official firmware 4.11 for the DIR-615 D1 as advised on another forum. This has improved the reliability (it doesn't crash any more) but the overall experience is still bad (things like my work VPN keep disconnecting every 5 minutes)

The build of ddt-wrt above has applied and looks great. I've got a real router Smile The only slight strangeness is that the WAN light is always yellow (down) even though the WAN is online and functional.

Thanks,
Paul.

I have the same problem with the WAN light beeing orange! anyone no of a fix?
taylorig
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dom1985 wrote:

In Administration/Commands put this in the Startup part

Green Internet Light, with Blue side button...
sleep 15 ; gpio disable 9; gpio enable 8; gpio disable 12; gpio enable 14 ; gpio disable 11 ; gpio enable 13

Then Save, and run command.

Also if you want the light on the side to be off use this...

sleep 15 ; gpio disable 9; gpio enable 8; gpio disable 12; gpio enable 14 ; gpio disable 11 ; gpio enable 13 ; gpio disable 11 ; gpio enable 11

The only thing with these is that it will keep the internet light on the front green even after a reboot of the router but the side button will be red again after a reboot. I still haven't found a fix for this yet Rolling Eyes

I hope this helps for now Wink
Dom1985
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
taylorig wrote:
Dom1985 wrote:

In Administration/Commands put this in the Startup part

Green Internet Light, with Blue side button...
sleep 15 ; gpio disable 9; gpio enable 8; gpio disable 12; gpio enable 14 ; gpio disable 11 ; gpio enable 13

Then Save, and run command.

Also if you want the light on the side to be off use this...

sleep 15 ; gpio disable 9; gpio enable 8; gpio disable 12; gpio enable 14 ; gpio disable 11 ; gpio enable 13 ; gpio disable 11 ; gpio enable 11

The only thing with these is that it will keep the internet light on the front green even after a reboot of the router but the side button will be red again after a reboot. I still haven't found a fix for this yet Rolling Eyes

I hope this helps for now Wink

Thank you Very Happy worked a treat
Papfox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fantastic. Thanks Smile Worked perfectly.
taylorig
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're welcome guy's.

I don't take any credit for these commands. Some nice soul put them up on these forums already. I just kept a copy of them for people needing them that can't find them in the huge post about this router and DD-WRT firmware.

Smile
Gyja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 23:53    Post subject: Upgrades and problems Reply with quote
Gyja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 0:02    Post subject: Upgrades and problems Reply with quote
Lets try again - I added a URL and then posted to get a blank page.

Thank you for the posts so far that have helped me turn this block of plastic and wires into a router.

- Sys info ------------------------
Virgin Media supplied D-link DIR-615 with VG1.00 (fw)
Router Name DD-WRT
Router Model Dlink-DIR615 rev d
Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/16/10) std - build 14289
CPU Model Ralink SoC
CPU Clock 384 MHz
Total Available 90%29600 kB / 32768 kB

------------------------------------

I do have a couple of questions

What router in the DB are we looking for when upgrading the firmware to the latest version ?
As when I select the D2 from the list I get

D-Link DIR-615 rev D2 Firmware: Special image for initial flashing
dlink-dir615d-factory-webflash.bin
2010-04-23 3,49 MB

and

D-Link DIR-615 rev D2 Firmware: Webflash image
dir615d-revb-ddwrt-webflash.bin
2010-04-23 3,49 MB

Do both of these apply or have a I got the wrong firmware ?

2. Port forwarding seem to be broken. Sad
I am hoping that the port forwarding issue has been resolved and this is the reason for question 1.

Many thanks for all the help and support so far.
Skello
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I'm curious as to how this D4 revision looks like.

Does it look like the D3?

robnelson76
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:29    Post subject: D-Link 615 D4 H/W Reply with quote
saywhat wrote:
I used this file on my Virgin Media DIR-615 D4 and it worked perfectly. Just uploaded normally through teh web interface and it worked first time hassle free

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/04-16-10-r14289/dlink-dir615d/dlink-dir615d-factory-webflash.bin

Hope that helps
Colin

I've just got a 615 D4 from VM with F/W 1.0VG. I'd like to get away from their firmware. Before I do anything, I just wanted to check that I can use the latest 615d version of the WRT firmware.

Did you use the emergency room route to get this into the router?

Thanks
Skello
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 18:17    Post subject: Re: D-Link 615 D4 H/W Reply with quote
robnelson76 wrote:

I've just got a 615 D4 from VM with F/W 1.0VG. I'd like to get away from their firmware. Before I do anything, I just wanted to check that I can use the latest 615d version of the WRT firmware.

Did you use the emergency room route to get this into the router?

Thanks

There's a new build out. Get it from: ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/06-12-10-r14594/dlink-dir615d/dlink-dir615d-factory-webflash.bin

Try to flash it from the D-Link interface first. If that doesn't work go the Emergency Room route. Follow my indications from this topic: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=73910
robnelson76
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 18:31    Post subject: D-Link 615 D4 Flash Reply with quote
Thanks, I'll need to do it via the emergency room route. I've got both files

dir615d-revb-ddwrt-webflash.bin

and

dlink-dir615d-factory-webflash.bin

When I get to the emergency room screen which one do I select? Do I need to use both?

Thanks
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: