can't access router, password?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
velcrofly1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:36    Post subject: can't access router, password? Reply with quote
I flashed my linksys wrt54GL today all went fine. Started configuring it and poking around, saved a setting and the router reset I think. Now it will not accept my password or the default user and password. Sorry I'm new to this but I love the firmware, and can hardly wait to tweak more. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Sponsor
driscollw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 0:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you change the password ? That would be the first thing I would ask. Are you getting the login box ? If you are and you are unable to get into the box the easiest thing to do is a factory reset. What model router and version are you using ?
velcrofly1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had to do a few resets and that seemed to fix the problem. The router is a Linksys WRT54GL v1.1. It is now up and running but I noticed a large reduction in speed today. I am going to try a reset again, and see if there is a marked improvement.
digitalis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a similar problem flashing a Linksys WRT54GL v1.1. After the DD-WRT flash the router accepted no user/password combination. But after a reset (pressing teh reset button for 30 sec during plug in the power) it now works ok.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: