Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
ggp81
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:42    Post subject: Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N Reply with quote
Hello,
I have followed the procedure described on the Wiki, and successfully upgraded the device to DD-WRT with the firmware for initial flashing.
My question is: for future upgrades, the only way to upgrade the firmware is via TFTP (as Wiki says)? Or the upgrade via UI is supported?
Thank you.
Sponsor
ManicDefender
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would have thought, that web upgrades should be possible. Not 100% sure though Razz
snacker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
The web UI is fine. I did my initial install of DD-WRT using the web UI, I never used TFTP at all. Note that first you have to webflash with the "buffalo-to-dd-wrt_webflash-EU-US.bin" firmware (assuming that matches the region of your router), and then you can webflash with "whr-hp-g300n-firmware.bin".
brady
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:31    Post subject: I used the webflash image from the database Reply with quote
Hello,
just as a heads up I flashed a whr-hp-g300n using the webflash image from the router database directly through the existing buffalo firmware web interface.

it seems to have worked just fine I'm using it to post this message.

it's my understanding that once the router is running linux future updates should be possible through the web panel as well.

please correct me if I'm wrong!

thanks to everyone for their hard work supporting new hardware!

Cheers,
Brady
bigwishes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 16:21    Post subject: WHR-HP-G300N tftp flash problem Reply with quote
Hello,

I followed the wiki and try to flash the dd-wrt into my WHR-HP-G300N using tftp with the step below.

I try to issue below command when the router first respond to ping.

"tftp -i 192.168.11.1 put whr-hp-g300n-firmware.bin"

But the tftp alway responds with timeout. Would someone advice?

"wiki"
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo#WHR-G300N_Specifics

1.It's good to now reset to factory defaults by holding the reset button while plugging in the router. Hold for at least 30 seconds. Unplug the router. This makes sure the router is in its 'factory fresh' state.
2.Unplug the router. Usually, preparing by leaving the connection to the router, and unplugging the router from the wall or power cord, is the easiest way.
3.A non-XPSP2, third-party firewall, may interfere with tftp's ability to talk to the router. It may be useful to disable any third-party firewalls now.
4.Either:
1.Your computer should be connected directly to one of the LAN ports on the router. (You can use a regular cable or crossover).
2.Or if you have a larger network, the computer is connected to a switch, and then to the router LAN port. The router's power cord still needs to be within reach while you are at the computer.

Reference Image5.For Windows XP, the following reference image should help. After selecting "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)," click on the Properties button to open the next screen. Enter the info as shown, an IP address of 192.168.11.2, a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, and click 'OK'. Leave Default Gateway blank.
6.Make a copy of the firmware file, call it 'ddwrt.bin', and put it in your user folder. For instance, "C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername".
7.Open a command window, by using Start->Run->"cmd". Enter 'ping 192.168.11.1 -t -w 10'.
1.The router is pinged continuously from the computer, letting you know when to send the firmware.
8.Open up a second command window, and leave the first where you can see the ping results.
9.Without pressing Enter, type tftp -i 192.168.11.1 PUT ddwrt.bin Do not press enter yet. Keep this second command window in the foreground, so all you have to press is the Enter key to send the firmware.
10.With the power cable to the router in one hand, and the other hand on the Enter key, plug the router in while watching the first command window. When ping replies from 192.168.11.1 begin, press the Enter key.
1.Some people have found that they have better luck if you plug in the power cable for the router first, then wait a few seconds until you see the red "DIAG" light come on the front of the router. As soon as you see that, you'll want to press Enter to immediately start the TFTP transfer.
2.http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Hardware/Buffalo/WHR-G54S
11.All port LEDs will illuminate.
12.The LED on the LAN port will flash rapidly for about 6 seconds. The TFTP command will complete with a success printout, like Transfer successful: 3502080 bytes in 5 seconds, 700416 bytes/s. Leave the router ALONE at this point!
ManicDefender
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
You do not need to tftp this router...

Download this one first:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download/Buffalo/WHR-HP-G300N/-/buffalo-to-dd-wrt_webflash-EU-US.bin/2371

Flash that using the normal buffalo firmware gui first.

Then download:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download/Buffalo/WHR-HP-G300N/-/whr-hp-g300n-firmware.bin/2370

Simply install this file by doing a normal firmware upgrade (your router IP should now be http://192.168.1.1 and NOT 192.168.11.1)

Hope this helps Very Happy
bigwishes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I has tried to use the web flashing in buffalo web interface with "buffalo-to-dd-wrt_webflash-EU-US.bin"
v24 preSP2 with build 13977. However, it response with the following error.

Invalid firmware, rebooting!
Estimated time to restart is 80 s. Please Wait...
To continue setup, perform the following procedure.
1. Close all browser windows.
2. Confirm that a connection between the computer and the router is established.
3. Reopen the browser and reconnect using the AirStation Configuration Utility.
Refer to the user manual for more information.

My original buffalo firmware version is "WHR-HP-G300N Ver.1.70". It seems that the Ver.170 may not work with dd-wrt webflash?
snacker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
bigwishes wrote:
I has tried to use the web flashing in buffalo web interface with "buffalo-to-dd-wrt_webflash-EU-US.bin"
v24 preSP2 with build 13977. However, it response with the following error.

Invalid firmware, rebooting!
Estimated time to restart is 80 s. Please Wait...
To continue setup, perform the following procedure.
1. Close all browser windows.
2. Confirm that a connection between the computer and the router is established.
3. Reopen the browser and reconnect using the AirStation Configuration Utility.
Refer to the user manual for more information.

My original buffalo firmware version is "WHR-HP-G300N Ver.1.70". It seems that the Ver.170 may not work with dd-wrt webflash?

It worked fine for my North American bought router, and I had the same revision of Buffalo firmware as you.

Where is your router from?
bigwishes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought the router from "Hong Kong". Among from the US/EU and Japan version, would there is another version?
breakaway
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
i am facing with the same problem. the webui refuses the firmware and tftp doesn't work.

this is not my first try at flashing with tftp.. I had prior good experiences with belkin and linksys.
Gingernut
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
bigwishes wrote:
I bought the router from "Hong Kong". Among from the US/EU and Japan version, would there is another version?

There are four versions in total that I'm aware of.

AP - Asian Pacific
US - United States
EU - Europe
JP - Japan
breakaway
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
bummer. has anyone been successful in putting ddwrt on the JP or AP version?
breakaway
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
erm nobody?
bigwishes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I look at other thread and even try arp -s 192.168.1.1 [MAC} using tftp with windows xp. Still can't put the firmware into the router. Does anyone can successful install dd-wrt on WHR-HP-G300H on (Asia or japanese model?
bigwishes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can now upload the firmware using a linux box (Win7+Sun virtualbox+ubuntu 9.1) with TFTP. (using MS Win was never success before). However, the router boot with original buffalo firmware after i had uploaded the dd-wrt firmware successfully. It seems that the router will check firmware version (asian or japan) no matter how we are using the web update or tftp. do we need a hex editor to edit the dd-wrt firmware? Can anyone help?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: