Japanese WZR-HP-G300N will not install dd-wrt.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
danne99se
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
danne99se wrote:
The reason for this problem is that on few occations I have seen the the WAN MAC is changing. Usually it is ending with 3D but I seen it end with 3E also. Sorry but I dont know what triggered the change. Next time it happens I will try to figure out what I did just before.

This is from the SysInfo page.
LAN MAC 00:1D:73:XX:XX:3D
WAN MAC 00:1D:73:XX:XX:3D
Wireless MAC 06:1D:73:XX:XX:3D

Just did these actions and that changed the MAC of WAN interface to 3E.

1. Access to "Setup - Basic Setup"
2. Uncheck the following three checkboxes.
- Use DNSMasq for DHCP
- Use DNSMasq for DNS
- DHCP-Authoritative
3. Click "Apply Settings"

The reason I did this was because I had intermittent problem with access to internet. When browsing internet I could not access one site and when trying 2 minutes later I could. This has been going on for the last couple of days. I just tried the above steps to see if it improved things.

Once WAN MAC was changed I got a new WAN IP. For now the intermittent access problem seem to be gone.

I dont know why the steps that I did triggered a WAN MAC change. Perhaps has nothing to do with the parameters that I changed but more the fact that I did click the "Apply Settings" button on "Basic Setup" page. I think someone else mentioned that earlier in this thread.
Sponsor
SirReal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:47    Post subject: Re: Same Here Reply with quote
chrismM79 wrote:
Same problem as dsbabydaddy has.
Looks like there is a problem with PPPoE as I can use my modem in bridge mode and it connects fine from windows XP, when I an trying to do this directly from DDWRT router fails to connect. Somehow if I use software disconnect on XP, change ethernet plug to router, router manages to connect for few seconds and gets wan IP fine. But works only for 20 seconds(enough to update dyndns) and disconnects.

So my questions are:
1) Do you know how to debug PPPoE as wiki page is out of date as router tells that pppoe command not found?
2) Do you know how can I revert back to buffalo original firmware as now my router is useless?

I am using latest firmware from (24/02/2010) for Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH (v24-sp2 build 13977) Any help much appreciated.

I'm having problems with PPPoE as well,my internet connection is very slow, takes forever for pages to load...if they load at all. I've switched back to Buffalo firmware, waiting for a fix.

SirReal
Kesshin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 16:13    Post subject: Unstable - Japan WZR-HP-G300NH Reply with quote
Router Model: Buffalo WZR-G300NH

Firmware Version: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/25/10) std - build 13984

WAN Connection: PPPoE

My comments below may be anecdotal as I have not followed a proper testing procedure....

I had no problem installing the firmware - as a matter of fact, I installed the firmware straight out of the box. Unfortunately, HTTPS pages are painfully slow. Gmail and Hotmail for example take forever to open or time out. I have disabled almost every feature to include wireless but no change. Speed tests are showing expected results. (Average 20 Mbps downstream for those interested)

I also tried a port forward of 443 to 3389 for RDP and noticed that the load average crept up to 100%. I was not running anything in the background - just a simple RDP session to the PC remotely. On the router, I had wireless N and G enabled but no devices connected. This may or may not be a coincidence but I never noticed this with my old trusty DD-WRT install on an overclocked Linksys WRT-54G router.

I will give the U.S. version of the original firmware a try to see if I still experience the same problem. However, the problem that I am experiencing with this version of DD-WRT appears to be in line with what others are reporting.

Anyway, thank you for your work on this project - it is very appreciated.
Kesshin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 17:43    Post subject: RE: Unstable - Japan WZR-HP-G300NH Reply with quote
Well, fortunately I have isolated the problem. I reverted to the original, U.S. version (on my Japan bought device) of the firmware and experienced the same problem - slow HTTPS sites.

I am using Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) and decided to try disabling the Network Threat Protection feature. Now, HTTPS sites are working as normal. I simply re-enabled the Network Threat Protection feature and the sites still open without issue now. Strange but not surprising I guess...Symantec always seems to cause trouble with something.

In my defense, the computer that I tested DD-WRT is not my normal computer however, it has basically the same software such as SEP.

Anyway, I will give DD-WRT another try - hopefully it was just my Symantec "crapware" that was causing the problems that I was experiencing.

Lesson learned: Test DD-WRT in a "sanitized" environment.
modok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
i could use dd-wrt or factory firmware with 300nh,thank all .
xtdv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
yes this is the buffalo european firmware. i can provide the japanese too if wanted. the only main problem is that buffalo still checks the country code if you do further upgrades. so you can only flash the japanese firmware even if the european is installed then. to change the country flashing restriction you must change the uboot environment variable for the country code. the dd-wrt webflash image contains flags for all countries. so it should work on all devices. but i have not tested it on all devices for sure. i just tested it on a european device and the rest is done as guess. so i still need test results from people with installed japanese firmwares on japanese routers.

I have one Japan hardware, I have upgrade DD-WRT success and back to EU firmware without any problem (EU FW 1.65).
When I upgrade to 1.72 US, it said invaid firmware and reboot the system.

Is there another way to upgrade EU/US firmware from v1.65 on this site without changing u-boot?

I have try upgrade factory firmware 1.72 from automatic update syetem, I what I see after upgrade success is the Japanese interface w/ firmware v1.72.
wilsteiger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:06    Post subject: Japanese WZR-HP-G300N will not install dd-wrt. Reply with quote
I just purchased a Japanese WZR-HP-G300NH from Amazon.co.jp and upon arrival I powered on the device, navigated to the firmware update page and loaded the buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-JP-EU-US.bin provided and had absolutely ZERO problems. The system booted up with DD-WRT "Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/25/10) std" and I LOVE IT. BrainSlayer if you are ever in Japan the first 10,000 yen worth of beer is on me!
Kesshin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:26    Post subject: Re: Japanese WZR-HP-G300N will not install dd-wrt. Reply with quote
wilsteiger wrote:
I just purchased a Japanese WZR-HP-G300NH from Amazon.co.jp and upon arrival I powered on the device, navigated to the firmware update page and loaded the buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-JP-EU-US.bin provided and had absolutely ZERO problems. The system booted up with DD-WRT "Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/25/10) std" and I LOVE IT. BrainSlayer if you are ever in Japan the first 10,000 yen worth of beer is on me!

How are your N speeds with your clients? After I sorted out the Symantec issue, everything else appeared to be okay when I installed the DD-WRT firmware again. However, I could only connect at 130 Mbps with the included USB wireless adapter. I tried Buffalo's client management utility to force 40 Mhz, made sure that the router was set to 40 Mhz with no G clients, no wireless security, and placed the router about two feet from the wireless client but still could only get 130 Mbps. I reverted back to the JPN firmware (1.72 I think) and now I can connect between 270 and 300 Mbps. Other than the N connection speed, I agree that everything else seemed to be working fine. Unfortunately, due to the setup at my home, the N speed was the deal breaker. If you are able to get faster N speeds, post some details if you don't mind.

And yes, Brainslayer rocks!!!
wilsteiger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:07    Post subject: Re: Japanese WZR-HP-G300N will not install dd-wrt. Reply with quote
Kesshin wrote:
How are your N speeds with your clients? After I sorted out the Symantec issue, everything else appeared to be okay when I installed the DD-WRT firmware again. However, I could only connect at 130 Mbps with the included USB wireless adapter. I tried Buffalo's client management utility to force 40 Mhz, made sure that the router was set to 40 Mhz with no G clients, no wireless security, and placed the router about two feet from the wireless client but still could only get 130 Mbps. I reverted back to the JPN firmware (1.72 I think) and now I can connect between 270 and 300 Mbps. Other than the N connection speed, I agree that everything else seemed to be working fine. Unfortunately, due to the setup at my home, the N speed was the deal breaker. If you are able to get faster N speeds, post some details if you don't mind.

Gomen, I didn't test speeds (at work right now)... Also, I don't currently have any N Clients so will have to go purchase one... Never had a need until now.

Yodobashi Camera here I come!
uiaa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:33    Post subject: Re: Japanese WZR-HP-G300N will not install dd-wrt. Reply with quote
same here, buffalo firmware gives like 216-270mbps(can't remember the exact displayed value, but definitely over 200) and real world performance is ~9MB/s

Openwrt realworld: ~8MB/s

on dd-wrt, only connect at 130mbps and 7MB/s is the best I can get, usually around 6MB/s, sometimes below 5.

Given the fact that there will be official dd-wrt support for this router, I think we have a good chance to get the 11N speed issue fixed -- just don't know when.
wilsteiger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 14:06    Post subject: Re: Japanese WZR-HP-G300N will not install dd-wrt. Reply with quote
wilsteiger wrote:
Kesshin wrote:

Gomen, I didn't test speeds (at work right now)... Also, I don't currently have any N Clients so will have to go purchase one... Never had a need until now.

Yodobashi Camera here I come!
Ok...I have purchased an additional WZR-HP-G300NH and flashed it...again no problems (Japanese bought from Amazon.co.jp). This time I bought the one that comes with the WLI-UC-G300HP USB NIC. I only connect at 130 Mb/s without attempting to tweak any settings. It is now 11:10 pm and have to put the boys to bed. Will play with settings tomorrow.

On a good note, I set up the new WZR-HP-G300NH as a Client Bridge for my TV/Blu-Ray (Aquos) and they both communicate on the net very well.

Again, both WZR-HP-G300NH's are the Japanese models. The WLI-UC-G300HP was used with Linux (2.6.30.9 #1 SMP) did a test on speedtest.net to the Tokyo site and saw 30 Mb/s up/down average (rounded the number for ease of reading)
WOG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just tried flashing my WZR-HP-G300NH via the webflash from the buffalo UI (build 13977) and after the firmware installed the router will sit there with the diag light on for about 15-20 seconds, then the light will go out for around 10 seconds, then all the lights will flash and the diag light will be on again. This cycle repeats indefinitely. Is there something I should try or that I missed?

Edit: this is the US model
Edit2: I cannot establish an ethernet connection to the device
BDawg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
WOG wrote:
I just tried flashing my WZR-HP-G300NH via the webflash from the buffalo UI (build 13977) and after the firmware installed the router will sit there with the diag light on for about 15-20 seconds, then the light will go out for around 10 seconds, then all the lights will flash and the diag light will be on again. This cycle repeats indefinitely. Is there something I should try or that I missed?

Edit: this is the US model
Edit2: I cannot establish an ethernet connection to the device

See the thread about endless reboots. This is a common issue with newer G300NHs.
spaaarky21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
there are some files postet here in this forum thread which are namend ....MULTI.bin
this file can be used for upgrading to any router including japanese. once it is installed you can then update to any dd-wrt version

I have the US router and have been pretty unsuccessful at upgrading to DD-WRT. I seem to be experiencing the same endless reboot problem described here. http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=68927&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I was wondering if anyone had figured out what was going on and if there was a solution. So far it sounds like reverting to the Buffalo firmware is the only way to unbrick it. While I had my computer booted from the Ubuntu Live CD and had tftp at my disposal, I tried flashing the router with DD-WRT over TFTP and had the same rebooting problem. Any ideas? Is this something that's being addressed?
psyphah
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
spaaarky21 wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:
there are some files postet here in this forum thread which are namend ....MULTI.bin
this file can be used for upgrading to any router including japanese. once it is installed you can then update to any dd-wrt version

I have the US router and have been pretty unsuccessful at upgrading to DD-WRT. I seem to be experiencing the same endless reboot problem described here. http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=68927&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I was wondering if anyone had figured out what was going on and if there was a solution. So far it sounds like reverting to the Buffalo firmware is the only way to unbrick it. While I had my computer booted from the Ubuntu Live CD and had tftp at my disposal, I tried flashing the router with DD-WRT over TFTP and had the same rebooting problem. Any ideas? Is this something that's being addressed?

Without seeing what's happening at the console level, it is difficult to say precisely what is going on.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 9 of 12
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: