wzr-HP-G300NH Bricked?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
biohazard327
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 23:32    Post subject: wzr-HP-G300NH Bricked? Reply with quote
well so i tried to flash my new router with dd-wrt and was quite unsuccessful.I first downloaded both images the buffalo _to_dd-wrt and the upgrade. Then i proceeded to flash through the gui. Now i have no response from the router and can not get it to work. When I ping it i get two time out errors and two hardware is not responding errors. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
djakx1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:45    Post subject: wzr-hp-g300nh Reply with quote
i just got one of those routers also and i tried upgrading to dd-wrt by the web gui and tftp with either file and niether work, i was able to reflash it with the buffalo firmware and get it working again. is there any reason for this, after upgrading to dd-wrt it just keeps rebooting.
memdump20
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:52    Post subject: Re: wzr-hp-g300nh Reply with quote
djakx1 wrote:
i just got one of those routers also and i tried upgrading to dd-wrt by the web gui and tftp with either file and niether work, i was able to reflash it with the buffalo firmware and get it working again. is there any reason for this, after upgrading to dd-wrt it just keeps rebooting.

Can you please post the method and or instructions to flash the original buffalo firmware back? I bricked two of these routers and had to RMA them. Your post will definitely help a lot of people.

Thanks in advance
hillyu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
don't worry this router will not be easily bricked.
you can use the tftp method to flash it with any kind of firmware(stock or ddwrt)
please follow the instruction on the ddwrt wiki when using the tftp method.
http://ns3.newmedia-net.de/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-G300NH
ignore the reset part if your router is not responding to the reset button.
biohazard327
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
hillyu wrote:
you can use the tftp method to flash it with any kind of firmware(stock or ddwrt)

I tried to tFTP but i get only 2 responses saying that the hardware can not communicate or something like that. Also tried to upload original firmware but no success the tftp program does not work even after multiple retrys.
memdump20
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
biohazard327 wrote:
hillyu wrote:

I tried to tFTP but i get only 2 responses saying that the hardware can not communicate or something like that. Also tried to upload original firmware but no success the tftp program does not work even after multiple retrys.

I had the same issue. TFTP does not stay connected long enough to flash the firmware whether it be Buffalo or DD-WRT. Just the endless reboot cycle after attempting to flash with DD-WRT.
Awrimukas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried to flash this router with OPENWRT on Windows 7. I got nothing.. ive tried many times.. Then i loaded UBUNTU LIVE CD.
Be sure you are conected to the internet before you flash the router.
i did these commands:

1.sudo apt-get update
2.sudo apt-get tftp
3. Then i did hard reset (30/30/30)
4. Unplug all ethernet cables and power cable of the router.
5.connect your computer to router through ethernet, but leave the router turned off.
6. sudo service networking stop
7. sudo ifconfig eth0 192.168.11.2
8. sudo ifconfig eth0 netmask 255.255.255.0
9. sudo arp -s 192.168.11.1 [MAC ADRESS OF ROUTER] e.g.: 00:00:00:00:00:00
10. CD to directory where is router FW.
11. type in command line: tftp
12. verbose
13. binary
14. trace
15. rexmt 1
16. timeout 60
17. connect 192.168.11.1
18. put wzrg300nh-firmware.bin (file name of FW)
19. PRESS ENTER! Smile and imidietly power on your router.
You should notice that tftp is sending the file.
after sending leave the router for about 10 minutes.
then:
sudo service networking start
re-connect to your router and you are ready to go :)

For OPENWRT this worked for me.. Smile
sonicj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
whammy! im in the same boat! whats that now, 4 of us now in 2 days with the same scenario? anywho, heres what i've done so far... i downloaded buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-EU-US.bin & flashed from the web interface. it completed the upload, but now all i get is a red diag light and a reboot every 20sec. MacTFTP Client reports no response from server to 192.168.1.1 and error type 64 to 192.168.11.1. i can't find the .tftp file referenced in the obsolete tutorial for flashing this router. pings reply with no response from host. router does not appear to respond to 30/30/30 reset attempts. thats all the info i can think of at the moment. any help/guidance would be much appreciated! cheers!
-sj
BDawg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've not been able to get any responses from either 192.168.1.1 or 11.1. Should I assume 1.1 and keep trying to force the file?
Gingernut
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
When you flash this router from original Buffalo firmware it takes quite a long time once the file is uploaded to the router for the flashing process to finish, around 6 minutes. This could be one of the main problems that people are having.

I'm sure if people with bricked units follow the WZR-HP-G300NH wiki step by step they should beable to recover them.
MisterLas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bricked mine too! First experience with DDWRT and followed the wiki step by step, still cant recover... GRRR! Maybe I should have stayed stock.
sonicj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gingernut wrote:
When you flash this router from original Buffalo firmware it takes quite a long time once the file is uploaded to the router for the flashing process to finish, around 6 minutes. This could be one of the main problems that people are having.

I'm sure if people with bricked units follow the WZR-HP-G300NH wiki step by step they should beable to recover them.

i didn't watch the router, i watched the screen that said 100% complete. when i did look at the router, i did not see any flashing so i figured it was done. i gave it at least 6min from the time i started the upgrade, not 6min after it was complete though. not sure if that makes a difference....

are you referring to the procedure titled "Old install procedure (now obsolete)"

Quote:
1. Get the DD-WRT here (this is v24-sp2 (02/03/10) std - build 13832).
You'll want the file ending in ".tftp"

i cannnot locate this file. Confused cheers!
-sj
hrnfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 18:21    Post subject: continous reset buffalo wzr-hp-g300nh Reply with quote
Count me in.

I had the original stock firmware.
I used the routers web interface to upload file buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-EU-US.bin

I allowed to get to 100, it sat for about 20 mins and I noticed continuous reboots about every 10 seconds.

What to do now?

Any suggestions?

thanks
BDawg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="sonicj"]
Gingernut wrote:

Quote:
1. Get the DD-WRT here (this is v24-sp2 (02/03/10) std - build 13832).
You'll want the file ending in ".tftp"

i cannnot locate this file. Confused cheers!
-sj

I cannot find that file either.
Gingernut
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Follow the wiki but use instead of using the DD-wrt firmware use an original Buffalo firmware for your region, EU, US, JP, then follow the wiki on tftp flashing.

I'm nearly 100% sure that this way it should work.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: