WRT54G-TM NON-JTAG CFE-Updater

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
hdenie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 20:50    Post subject: DID I BRICK MY ROUTER ???? Reply with quote
I picked up a WRT54G-tm and followed the instructions and changed my computer to static IP Addresses 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.1.2 TCP/IPv4
I Logged into the WRT54G-TM's web interface 192.168.0.1 and uploaded the CFE_Updater-WRT54G-TM.bin.
"Upgrade is successful" came up as was expected, but I have been waiting and waiting for an ip response from 192.168.1.1. As of an 1 1/2 hr later still no response

With the router still powered with the power light endlessly flashing, I am able to ping 192.168.0.2 only ('Crying or Very sad') How can I recover from this or did I Brick my router .
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 23:12    Post subject: Re: DID I BRICK MY ROUTER ???? Reply with quote
hdenie wrote:
I picked up a WRT54G-tm and followed the instructions and changed my computer to static IP Addresses 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.1.2 TCP/IPv4
I Logged into the WRT54G-TM's web interface 192.168.0.1 and uploaded the CFE_Updater-WRT54G-TM.bin.
"Upgrade is successful" came up as was expected, but I have been waiting and waiting for an ip response from 192.168.1.1. As of an 1 1/2 hr later still no response

With the router still powered with the power light endlessly flashing, I am able to ping 192.168.0.2 only ('Crying or Very sad') How can I recover from this or did I Brick my router .

To brick a tm.. you gotta try.. my guess... your av and/or firewall software did not like the new subnet.

disable your av and fw software.. static ip on your rig of 192.168.1.10.. power cycle the router.. now ping it. ttl=100 means you are ok and need to just tftp dd-wrt on it.

Ya big nut! Razz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
BarryWare
Whow that is what I call knowledge right on . You solved my problem probably virus scan or fwall. But it loaded the tftp dd-wrt on it. Thanks
lycanwrath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

Has anyone come across the WRT54G-TM having problems to forward DHCP requests correctly when set up as Repeater Bridge please?
Neuro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
Jownathown wrote:
just retried each of those, and still no luck, same message appearing.

Do you have one of the new ones? Single antenna and is silver or is it one of the old ones, dual antennas and blue & gray?

The new one is a WRTU54G-TM, and is not supported.

Oooh, I have same problem. Whether you plan to add support for this device?
TexasFlood
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just happened to notice that my WRT54G-TM converted with the Tornado "WRT54G-TM NON-JTAG CFE-Updater" has no boot_ver nvram variable. Don't think this is normal although mine seems to be running OK. Anyone else seeing the same and is it a potential issue or no big deal?
kaboom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
For some reason the process did not go through smoothly for me.

After uploading the CFE Updater and waiting a little while, I started seeing the pings from 192.168.1.1. Problem is the TFTP utility cannot connect. I tried both the tftp2.exe that is suggested and the built-in tftp but result is the same - no response from router.

Pings work and return time <1ms and TTL=100. I tried power cycling after 15 minutes but same results - ping works, tftp does not. Power light keeps flashing.

Thanks for any ideas.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
kaboom wrote:
For some reason the process did not go through smoothly for me.

After uploading the CFE Updater and waiting a little while, I started seeing the pings from 192.168.1.1. Problem is the TFTP utility cannot connect. I tried both the tftp2.exe that is suggested and the built-in tftp but result is the same - no response from router.

Pings work and return time <1ms and TTL=100. I tried power cycling after 15 minutes but same results - ping works, tftp does not. Power light keeps flashing.

Thanks for any ideas.

your firewall or av software is stopping the transfer.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Embarassed

And I thought this cannot happen to me.

Actually, *disabling* the firewall was the problem. Once I left Comodo firewall enabled, it prompted me to allow the tftp program through and flashing worked right away.

I guess if you disable the firewall and exit the interface program, Comodo blocks new programs and you don't even see a warning.

Lesson learned, thanks for helping barryware!
fireeater
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 17:37    Post subject: Atlast I succeeded Reply with quote
Hi Guys I succeeded with installing DDwrt to my WRT54G-TM. took nearly 5 minutes.

BIG Thanks for the DDWRT team.

SkOrPn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 21:02    Post subject: Re: DID I BRICK MY ROUTER ???? Reply with quote
hdenie wrote:

I also did the exact same thing here, except I only used the built in flashing page and I did not set a static IP, but I never have in the past as well and it worked fine. Been running 13064 for a year now but the other day she went crazy on me and I could not figure out why (could not connect to my modem). Today decided to invest some time to see if there was a better firmware to be using and well downloaded NEWD2 14205 as the wiki says is confirmed to be ok to run on WRT54G-TM routers. Well after the flash the led keeps blinking and I cannot get into the webgui. I have tried to re-flash with different fw thinking to myself it did not like the newer one and the tftp util says cannot get response from server (or something like that) I have used the webgui flash page to flash several other firmwares over the years without incident, but today it seems I have bricked my router. And, no unfortunately I am not sure if I waited long enough after the flash, just cant remember. I do know that a white page came up telling me the flash was successful, and it wanted me to click on the continue button if I was sure everything was set properly i.e on a wired connection etc. I did NOT have my firewall or av disabled (I do now though). Also if it matters I used my Netbook to try flashing her.

Can someone tell me where I went wrong? I read the wiki over and over and over again and cant seem to figure out why I cant get back to the webgui or flash another firmware. Please help.

Best Regards
SkOrPn
HardReset
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where did you go wrong... Let me count the ways..

you stated you may not have waited long enough - 1

you stated you did not disable you av & fw software - 2 & 3

you can ping 192.168.0.x.. if dd-wrt is installed and you ran the updater, the ip will be 192.168.1.x - 4

Not counting your mistakes ( up to 4 )... but use an xp rig. Ping the router, see what you have in regards to ttl.

Start a new thread.. This thread is trashed enough..

in your new thread, explain exactly what you did, all the steps and where it went wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awesome info, thanks I will start a new thread. PS. I used a digital timer from walmart set to 5 minutes as I was under the impression this would be long enough, apparently it was not I think as I clicked on the continue button the very moment the timer went off. Maybe 6 or 7 minutes next time eh? I also did a 30-30-30 immediately following the flash (when i could not reconnect to the IP), maybe this was also in error.

Thanks again...
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
SkOrPn wrote:
Awesome info, thanks I will start a new thread. PS. I used a digital timer from walmart set to 5 minutes as I was under the impression this would be long enough, apparently it was not I think as I clicked on the continue button the very moment the timer went off. Maybe 6 or 7 minutes next time eh? I also did a 30-30-30 immediately following the flash (when i could not reconnect to the IP), maybe this was also in error.

Thanks again...

There is your problem.. Everyone on the forum knows not to trust the digital wal-mart timer. :P

We'll get it fixed..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, I think the problem is still ME, lol. I have this bad feeling that I started the timer much sooner than before I hit the upgrade button (I tried the tftp program first for the first time and it didnt work, so I then went to the flash page and I think I never reset the timer, oh boy, this is what I get for being so old, lol).. But in any event I appreciate any help I can get.

Im going to keep reading through the forums before I post my first thread. Im going to try and remember ever step I made and write them down, but Im pretty sure she is bricked. This should be fun since I have never unbricked a router before, or bricked one for that matter lol.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 19 of 21
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: