Help with upgrade

wmartino
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:28    Post subject: Help with upgrade Reply with quote
I just built a router this weekend and was using the 11-13 build. I decided to upgrade to the 11-15 build. After reboot I have no connection.

It keeps poping up with the following:

gethostbyname:network unreachable
connect: network unreachable
gethostbyname:network unreachable

etc..

It just keeps scrolling that on the screen. Everything was running great until the update.

I have tryed to telnet in with no luck. Where did I go Wrong. Any help would be great. I would love to get this back up and running without having to take out the hdd and start all over and having to reactivate the full version.

ps I a using the dd-wrt-webupgrade_full_vga.bin build.

Thanks in advanced
Bill
Sponsor
merlyn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
well I am no expert when it comes to linux but a easy thing to try is just swap the network cables and see if you can connect.

When i did a upgrade a few days ago my ethernet cards changed their association.
as in the lan = wan and the lan = wan

I could not see the router at all until i plugged my laptop into (what should have been)the wan port bingo then i could see the dd-wrt gui again. then all i had to do is goto setup and basic setup tab and change the WAN Port Assignment. clicked save and swapped the cables back all set worked just like before

my wan is a 100 bit card and my lan is a gigabit card so i had to have it the right way since I didnt want to slow my gigabit network down

give it a try if it doesnt work no harm done.

Merlyn
wmartino
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
That was my first thought. But I cannot connect to either port with my laptop. I am at a loss.

I am wondering if I should have upgraded to the free version first and then to the resistered. I was already running the resigtered version. I might just have to start over and reregister.

Thanks
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
that doesnt matter

can you please post a full boot log?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did not think it made a difference on the upgrade. I just thought I would ask.

I assume you want the dmesg log or is there an actual boot log.

I will post the logs when I get home tonight.

Thanks
Bill
wmartino
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK. Sorry about the delay work has had me tied up. Here is the dmesg file from the boot. I hope this helps.

Thanks again
Bill
wmartino
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
O.K. I erased the nvarm. I was then able to log in via the web gui on 192.168.1.1. So all is ok now. I know I tried to do this before and it did not work. Life goes on.

I added an cisco AIR-PI21AG-A-K9. DDwrt knows it is there but I cannot connect to it. It will transmitt data but not receive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: