install DD-WRT (v24sp2 v13525 20091228) On WZR-HP-G300NH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
SomeGuyInOz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
mailman wrote:
first thing first: i'm a newbie.

am i right that i need just to use the buffalo webgui update and use the a/first file firmware?
That's terrific!

To answer that part of your question, YES Smile With that firmware file, you can update your Buffalo firmware to dd-wrt, just like you were updating it with official Buffalo firmware in the web gui. Pretty easy, huh?

Somebody else can answer your questions about bittorrent clients, etc. I haven't played with optware packages, etc, yet.
Sponsor
mailman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
thank you,

it's very important to know something about how samba works and something about bittorent and if it works fine.

i'm going crazy with the official firmwares
dsbabydaddy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:41    Post subject: Re: Official Release now available Reply with quote
SomeGuyInOz wrote:
Quote:
wait what do you mean pulled it? i just got this router for dd-wrt where can i dl it?

Don't stress! Brainslayer has just released build 13977 of dd-wrt for the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Smile The best part is, you can now flash directly from the original Buffalo firmware - no more need to TFTP with Linux, etc.

Just look for the router in the firmware database:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

For more info, see Brainslayer's post here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=412019#412019

Finally Smile Thanks again Brainslayer for your fantastic work.

Any reports about this build and how stable it is... I have been plaged with disconnects, and router resets to resolve issues (with stock firmware), that my previous Buffalo g router NEVER had. So im hoping that a better firmware will resolve these issues or else im going back to my Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 which never missed a beat...(using DD-WRT)
dsbabydaddy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 18:12    Post subject: Re: Official Release now available Reply with quote
SomeGuyInOz wrote:
Quote:
wait what do you mean pulled it? i just got this router for dd-wrt where can i dl it?

Don't stress! Brainslayer has just released build 13977 of dd-wrt for the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Smile The best part is, you can now flash directly from the original Buffalo firmware - no more need to TFTP with Linux, etc.

Just look for the router in the firmware database:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

Any word on how stable or reliable it is. Because im not happy with the stok firmware at all. i have to constantly reset router for normal operation. I never had these issues using my old WHR-HP-54G with DD-WRT. It always worked flawlwss.
For more info, see Brainslayer's post here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=412019#412019

Finally Smile Thanks again Brainslayer for your fantastic work.
DarkSplinter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everydoby,

I update me about news in the world of router and I can see that the WZR-HP-300N is supported by DD-WRT V24 SP2 13977. It's fine because it's an Atheros chipset.

But I have a question. Does he support Vlan Tagging ? And multiple DHCP ?

Thank you.
orcrist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:39    Post subject: Japanese version Reply with quote
Has anyone had luck with Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH (Japanese)? I've tried updating the firmware using the web interface without success, though this is said to work for this model, generally speaking. Specifically, on the out-of-the-box firmware, I tried uploading buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-EU-US.bin (2010 March 02 download), and the web interface displayed an error (in Japanese) before resetting itself. Details available if helpful.

Is the web interface update non-functional for Japanese version?

Should I expect a difference if I try TFTP?
fortunado
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can I assign the WAN port to the lan like on other DD-WRT capable routers?
danne99se
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 16:04    Post subject: Re: Japanese version Reply with quote
orcrist wrote:
Has anyone had luck with Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH (Japanese)?

Im using this firmware on Japanese WZR.

File: wzrg300nh-firmware_JP.bin
Line to Post: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66494&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=36

I also think other people have used this firmware.

File: wzrg300nh-firmware_MULTI.bin
Link to Post: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66494&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=41

Read the full thread above and you will get some more details. Please read at the end especially as there there seem to be some problems.
lamenting
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,

I see that FAT32 USB is supported, but has anyone tried NTFS-formatted external USB?

Thanks!
dsbabydaddy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
router has been working great for a couple weeks now using ddwrt, however i noticed yesterday that my epson wireless printer cant connect to the network... That is something new since ddwrt.

I currently have it set to Mixed, WEP2 AES encription.
I think im going to try a different encription, and see if that helps.
adrien1977
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
So i wanted to push my luck and it did not work.
I order the WZR-HP-G300NH hoping that it will come with version A0 D0 but unfortunately it came with the A0 A3 version.

I tried everything, using TFTP WEBGUI and a bunch of different binary files but no luck.

the router either keeps rebooting or does not even accepts the bin file.

I had to revert to the 1.74 (beta) from buffalo web site using TFTP.

I use a mac BTW.

Anyways, i have a question for brainslayer.
Is there a possibility that dd-wrt might work with this A0 A3 version or is it better for me to return the router to amazon.

thanks a lot
Jusic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can anyone explain me what the advantage of using dd-wrt instead of the Buffalo Firmware is? Because I though that the Buffalo Firmware is just a original dd-wrt with another logo on the webinterface.
MrD
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just bought a new one and no VLAN tab on it...

I read it is supported... but it seems it is not fully supported...

Does someone know if full/vlan support will come in future?

Thanks

David
ssulost
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey everyone new to installing DD-WRT i bought a WZR-HP-G300NH router with hopes of installing this on it. I decided to use the buffalo webgui to install.

Well the firmware transferred to the router but all it does is sit there with the wireless light blinking. I'm worried about doing a hard rest to it, but I'm at a lost to what to do now.

Any suggestions would be great thanks Smile
hai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:52    Post subject: how to flash back to buffalo origin firmware Reply with quote
I flash WZR HP G 300 NH to dd-wrt firmware but after that I realize, dd-wrt firmware not have download torrent funtion as buffalo firmware.
and I do not know how to access my usb.
have any body tell me how to read file in my usb.
thanks

Last edited by hai on Sun Jul 18, 2010 14:26; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: