Japanese WZR-HP-G300N will not install dd-wrt.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
samba is already included in my latest firmware builds. just working still on a gui for it

OnoSendai wrote:
I guess I have more to learn... I'm waiting to know if I can get samba running on it for nas capabilities... and be able to install a web-managed version of transmission for my torrents... I thought these 'applications' were installed via a mechanism called optware... (I only read a little bit about it)...

btw, thanks and admiration for all your hard work BrainSlayer... and to the people that help him

EDIT:
The little I read was from this page... I guess I should've said ipkg

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
yes this is the buffalo european firmware. i can provide the japanese too if wanted. the only main problem is that buffalo still checks the country code if you do further upgrades. so you can only flash the japanese firmware even if the european is installed then. to change the country flashing restriction you must change the uboot environment variable for the country code. the dd-wrt webflash image contains flags for all countries. so it should work on all devices. but i have not tested it on all devices for sure. i just tested it on a european device and the rest is done as guess. so i still need test results from people with installed japanese firmwares on japanese routers.

Can you post the japanese firmware to revert? Thanks Very Happy
Gingernut
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why did the builds for this model get taken down from the download section?
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
they got taken down since they keep bricking the router.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
yaiba wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:
yes this is the buffalo european firmware. i can provide the japanese too if wanted. the only main problem is that buffalo still checks the country code if you do further upgrades. so you can only flash the japanese firmware even if the european is installed then. to change the country flashing restriction you must change the uboot environment variable for the country code. the dd-wrt webflash image contains flags for all countries. so it should work on all devices. but i have not tested it on all devices for sure. i just tested it on a european device and the rest is done as guess. so i still need test results from people with installed japanese firmwares on japanese routers.

Can you post the japanese firmware to revert? Thanks Very Happy

you can upgrade to the japanese original firmware from the firmware i already postet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
slybunda wrote:

they wont brick routers. you just upgrade from web interface and thats it. i have done this dozens of time and i do use dd-wrt on my WZR HP G300NH as primary accesspoint here. everything works

no. we waited for official acknowledgment before releasing web flashable images. we got it today. you can download the latest build from our router database. right now just for EU/US routers since buffalo dont want that we release webflashable images for japanese routers right now

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
awesome... i've been checking these threads twice a day waiting for this moment.

BrainSlayer... you say Samba is bundled, but it doesn't have a web-gui... does that mean i need to follow the doco at this page to make it work? http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/USB_storage

I wish there were some release notes or something, but in all honesty I'm just glad it's progressing.
umihira
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using WZR-HP-G300NH with Japan firmware Sad When i checked router database im so happy that it supported G300NH but it is only apply for EU/US firmware, right?
Are you on working to make a dd-wrt for G300NH from Japan, BrainSlayer?
danne99se
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
umihira wrote:
I'm using WZR-HP-G300NH with Japan firmware Sad When i checked router database im so happy that it supported G300NH but it is only apply for EU/US firmware, right?
Are you on working to make a dd-wrt for G300NH from Japan, BrainSlayer?

Hello Umihira

EDIT: should be page 3, not page 2 as I first wrote.

I also have Japanese model of this router and I successfully upgraded with web GUI using the files on page 3 in this thread.

Im using this one...
Quote:
try this one. (v1.80)

But I guess this one is also ok since it has been downloaded for more than 100 times without any complaints.
Quote:
this binary here should work on any router in any country

Last edited by danne99se on Thu Feb 25, 2010 13:10; edited 2 times in total
msiemens
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:58    Post subject: USB-UMTS is working!!!! Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
slybunda wrote:

they wont brick routers. you just upgrade from web interface and thats it. i have done this dozens of time and i do use dd-wrt on my WZR HP G300NH as primary accesspoint here. everything works

no. we waited for official acknowledgment before releasing web flashable images. we got it today. you can download the latest build from our router database. right now just for EU/US routers since buffalo dont want that we release webflashable images for japanese routers right now

Firmware change via WEBINTERFACE works like a champ.

I am deeply impressed by USB-UMTS support; just keyed in the parameters, pluged in my Huawei e220 and voa-la been connected via UMTS/GPRS - great!

Now, I am just missing to have the ability to chose USB-UMTS as fallback WAN when using standard wired WAN as the main source.

Just to mention two other "desire":
-) standardized multi WAN support for either fallback or round-robin load balancing (by mixing USB-UMTS and wired connection in any variation, e.g. USB-UMTS for fallback, and 2 wired WANS for load balancing... Smile)

-) USB-UMTS support for DLINK DIR-825 and ASUS WL-500W

But anyhow - the DD-WRT team is performing extraordinary!

Martin
SirReal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:50    Post subject: Not Working Internet Slow Reply with quote
I can't get DD-WRT to work on my WZR-HP-G300NH, the internet is sooo slowwww. I've been using DDWRT for years so I'm familiar with it's settings, but I can't seem to get it to work right. I'm in Canada but I'm pretty sure it's the same model as in the US. I'll use my old trusty WHR-G54S for a while and see if anybody has any ideas, if not back to Buffalo firmware I guess.

SirReal
umihira
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
@danne99se:

Hi danne99se, thanks for your help Very Happy But i can't see the link to download v1.80 Sad (and don't see any file downloaded over 100 times, in page 2 only 2 fw with 2-4 times downloaded.

BrainSlayer wrote:
try this one. (v1.80)
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
umihira wrote:
@danne99se:

Hi danne99se, thanks for your help Very Happy But i can't see the link to download v1.80 Sad (and don't see any file downloaded over 100 times, in page 2 only 2 fw with 2-4 times downloaded.

BrainSlayer wrote:
try this one. (v1.80)

there are some files postet here in this forum thread which are namend ....MULTI.bin
this file can be used for upgrading to any router including japanese. once it is installed you can then update to any dd-wrt version

but just to make it easier for you. here its again

officialy i can't release this right now since buffalo dont want this

Last edited by BrainSlayer on Thu Feb 25, 2010 14:01; edited 1 time in total
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 13:59    Post subject: Re: USB-UMTS is working!!!! Reply with quote
msiemens wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:
slybunda wrote:

Firmware change via WEBINTERFACE works like a champ.

I am deeply impressed by USB-UMTS support; just keyed in the parameters, pluged in my Huawei e220 and voa-la been connected via UMTS/GPRS - great!

Now, I am just missing to have the ability to chose USB-UMTS as fallback WAN when using standard wired WAN as the main source.

Just to mention two other "desire":
-) standardized multi WAN support for either fallback or round-robin load balancing (by mixing USB-UMTS and wired connection in any variation, e.g. USB-UMTS for fallback, and 2 wired WANS for load balancing... Smile)

-) USB-UMTS support for DLINK DIR-825 and ASUS WL-500W

But anyhow - the DD-WRT team is performing extraordinary!

Martin

ahm the dir825 has umts/3g support too. so what you're complaining about Smile
the WL500W cannot be supported with 3g that easy. only the Broadcom 2.6 kernel version (mega) does include 3G so far

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
umihira wrote:
@danne99se:

BrainSlayer wrote:
try this one. (v1.80)

there are some files postet here in this forum thread which are namend ....MULTI.bin
this file can be used for upgrading to any router including japanese. once it is installed you can then update to any dd-wrt version

but just to make it easier for you. here its again

officialy i can't release this right now since buffalo dont want this

Oh i saw it, just log in. (I wonder where is the button "login" in top of forum? I log in by click to button "pm" from anybody)

btw, thank you very very much BrainSlayer. I got trouble with japan language... but now it seem to be a good time Very Happy
Many thanks Smile : : x : x : x
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 12
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: