Edimax BR-6574N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
igorv2005
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
The firmware was succesfully instaled. Wireless range and stability are OK. But the following problem arised:
I'm using two of those devices - one in router mode and the second in client mode. The second one connects to PC's network card (Atheros L1) at 10 Mbit speed only. Can you show me a direction where to look for solution?
Sponsor
spaceman07
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 13:13    Post subject: wireless connection very slow Reply with quote
hi

i have got the dd-wrt firmware working using the tftp method.. however I am getting very bad performance issues in my mac laptops in comparison to to edimax firmware.

So i might wait for the dd-wrt firmware to mature a bit before i leave it on.

I wish to revert back to my edimax firmware but the router is not doing the upgrade.. I have left it on for hours and after a power cycle which i do manually the dd-wrt firmware is still there?

Can anyone please help me get the router back to the orginal firmware.. I am using the image downloaded from the edimax website version 1.66
marty_oc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 13:19    Post subject: Re: wireless connection very slow Reply with quote
spaceman07 wrote:
Can anyone please help me get the router back to the orginal firmware.. I am using the image downloaded from the edimax website version 1.66

Did you try to flash it via TFTP, same way as firts flash of DD-WRT? It should be working. There is a howto on previous page.
spaceman07
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
should of mentioned.. i am trying to revert back to the edimax firmware using the tftp method.. the same wasy i uploaded the dd-wrt image.
meni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any chance to get the L2TP to work for Israeli ISPs ?
(Its not working with the firmware provided here for the BR-6574N)

10x,
Meni,
marty_oc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
spaceman07 wrote:
should of mentioned.. i am trying to revert back to the edimax firmware using the tftp method.. the same wasy i uploaded the dd-wrt image.

Well, it worked for me correctly. Today tried a number of times.

But, I had problems with WAN connection - I have cable modem and even unplugging from wall outlet did not work for me. Tried all howtos from FAQ.
Any ideas?
(should be DHCP client, but I did not obtain any address at all)
mdurkin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
wonder if we'll get updates and fixes. It seems like there's just a handful of questions and bugs that need ironing out:

1. Wireless mixed mode doen't work properly (n runs as g)
2. Throughput seems lower than latest edimax firmware
3. Are 3 antennae used?

others? Can we create a concise list and then beg the devs to help? Please add / correct above...

Thanks,
Matt
Garp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
tempuser wrote:
Today i tried to flash my Router with the newest Release http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/01-16-10-r13637/Edimax-BR6574N/BR6574N-webflash.bin but i always get the Message "Invalid File Format" in the Webinterface.

When i push the uimage.tftp via tftp.exe the Transfer is working well but nothing happens... after the transfer the WiFi LED starts blinking slowly and the Router remains in this state forever without rebooting.
After plugging power off and back on the Edimax FW is still here. I tried with several original FW's(1.33,1.62,1.6Cool which i pushed over tftp, they flashed without problems. I also tryed to flash the uimage.tftp with several original FW's as basesystem, but without succes.
Any Ideas?

My experience is exactly the same. I downloaded kmmng's .bin file, no luck. I downloaded the other two files (Brainslayer's: http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fothers%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F02-03-10-r13832%2FEdimax-BR6574N/) and again, no luck. And yes, i used the tftp method, firmware was uploaded OK. The router appears to be version 1A, maybe that's the difference and therefore doesn't accept the firmware?
tempuser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Make an factory reset by pressing the reset button for a minute before flashing kmmng's .bin file. This should work.
Garp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
tempuser wrote:
Make an factory reset by pressing the reset button for a minute before flashing kmmng's .bin file. This should work.

I did do a factory reset by holding the reset button until the power led blinks very fast. I also, before starting the whole procedure, did an extra factory reset in the web-interface.

Just to check if i'm not missing anything:

* i pressed the reset button until the fast blink, then released the reset button
* Unplugged the power, pressed the reset button
* while keeping the reset button pressed in, i re-inserted the power plug

Then i futher followed the tftp procedure which works OK. The router reboots itself just fine. After a reboot (after waiting for a decent while, 5-10 minutes) i still have the original firmware.

What am i doing wrong? I use the file attached to this post.
joeontherun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 18:28    Post subject: tftp software Reply with quote
could be the way its being sent i used software called tftpd32.334 and sent it using that, rather than the cmd method,
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try the attached image, I have changed something in the headers.
I have used the commandline tftp with success. Also, it is important to use the "-i" switch.
meni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
kmmng wrote:
I have used the commandline tftp with success. Also, it is important to use the "-i" switch.

Is this also build 13832, or is it a newer one ?
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
meni wrote:
Is this also build 13832, or is it a newer one ?

This is the same build. There is no newer build for now.
By the way, you wrote that the router don't support Israel ISP's L2TP. What is the difference between PPTP and L2TP that you don't use pptp ?
Garp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
kmmng wrote:

Again, no luck. It keeps on getting back to the Edimax firmware. The tftp is succesfull, tried both your original file and the new one (twice):

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Garp\My Documents\Downloads>tftp -i 192.168.1.6 put
image.bin
Transfer successful: 3538966 bytes in 9 seconds, 393218 bytes/s

image2.bin
Transfer successful: 3530754 bytes in 11 seconds, 320977 bytes/s

image2.bin
Transfer successful: 3530754 bytes in 9 seconds, 392306 bytes/s

My firmware/hardware versions:
Code:
Model      BR-6574N Wireless Router
Up time     0day:00:04:53
Hardware Version     Rev. A
Boot Code Version     1.0
Runtime Code Version     1.68
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 16 of 33
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: