Edimax BR-6574N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
mdurkin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
has anyone got wireless-n working with ddwrt running? I'm running an edimax dongle on my windows desktop which only see my (basic wep enabled) wireless network as 'g'. I can see my next door neighbour's 'n' network in the edimax client software on windows 7.
I have ddwrt set to NG-mixed as I have some 'g' only clients.
What's everyone else's experience?
Thanks,
Matt
Sponsor
mdurkin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok - answer my own question, kind of. "mixed" mode works fine, n is available. NG-mixed does not seem to support n, just g...
So I'm running in mixed now and I think I'm connected using n - looks like 54Mbps speed (according to windows) but with really good signal quality. I've not used n before - I guess that's what I should expect? Or should I connect at a higher speed? 108Mbps maybe?
mdurkin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
pretty certain I'm not getting 'n' transfer speeds. I might try from my laptop a bit closer to the AP tomorrow to see what I can get...
joeontherun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 23:24    Post subject: cool Reply with quote
Ill give it a try soon enouth im running a apple air card n speeds card in my laptop when i connected to it it gave me a connection speed of 150Mbs,

Theres probobly the odd bug here and there we will figer them out but to be honest iv been running at wireless g just now and im very happy with this ddwrt performance,

I used to use a buffalo router with ddwrt in front of a access point, now i can get rid of them to and just yous this for my house,
dutchie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Could someone share how they flashed the BR-6574N without serial using just tftp?

I can tftp the bin onto it when it's in recovery mode, but nothing happens, no reboot or anything. And when I power off and on, it just has the old Edimax firmware on.

Cheers,
Dutchie
mdurkin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
dutchie,
download the file kmmng uploaded in his post on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:39 pm (image.bin). You must be logged in to this forum or you won't see that there is any file to download (you'll only see the link in the same post pointing to the original file which won't work via tftp recovery mode).
Then you can go into recovery mode (hold reset, power on, wait for wlan led to light orange (few seconds), let go of reset). Now tftp to 192.168.1.6 (make sure your eth interface is set to something on the same network - 192.168.1.2 sm 255.255.255.0 would work) in binary mode. The router comes back on 192.168.1.1 with ddwrt.
Hope that helps,
Matt
joeontherun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:18    Post subject: logged in Reply with quote
Yea make sure you log in to see kmmng own bin file he made rather than the origonal there seems to be a fault with the one hosted on there site,
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't make the file by myself, I just took the file from the site and added the necessary header and footer to make the file in the correct format.

Anyway, anybody know who can I contact about the firmware for 6524 ?
dz@
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 13:37    Post subject: FW stability Reply with quote
Dear all,

Currently I use official FW and experience improvement with each update starting with v.1.62 and having now v1.68.
Though there is still a way for improvement of wireless connection stability as there are still occasional movie freezings when playing it from a network share which is not the case for wired connection.

Could you please comment on this FW performance and stability?
dutchie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Matt. That was the problem. Not being logged into the forum I was going to the original file in the link, not the upped file.

Duh, was up till 2am last night trying various things Rolling Eyes

Got it all working now Very Happy
tempuser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
The performance and stability of the DD-WRT Firmware on the BR-6574N is excellent! The Webinterface feeling is much faster than the original Firmware. The Wan performance is better than Edimax, at my 32mbits Cable connection edimax FW brought 3,8mb/s and DD-WRT 4,2mb/s.
The Wireless Client performance is nearby the same, but the WDS throughput between 2 BR-6574N is about 2x faster, with about 8.2mb/s over 40 meters.
The only problen i have is that running in WDS mode makes wireless clients not connectible.
Borage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
tempuser wrote:
The Wan performance is better than Edimax, at my 32mbits Cable connection edimax FW brought 3,8mb/s and DD-WRT 4,2mb/s.

How did you measure? It should be no difference at all, this router features TCP Offload Engine (TOE) and can easily do wirespeed.

And regarding your WDS problems. You wrote in the German forum that WDS with the original firmware works, can you post your DD-WRT configuration.
tempuser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I measured simply the download speed from my dedicated Server.
The WDS itself working fine, but no client connection possible in WDS mode.
I will post my Configuration in the German Forum.
dxh8497
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have this router. The stock firmware of 6574n always has a problem. After using some of the p2p software to download files for a while, the router will become much slow. Sometimes I even could not enter the web interface(192.168.2.1). It seem that the stock firmware don't limit the session or simultaneous connections.
As I learnt, the dd-wrt firmware could limit the session which they call IP Filter Settings (adjust these for P2P).
http://www.dd-wrt.com/demo/Management.asp
So has the problem been solved by dd-wrt firmware.
joeontherun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 15:28    Post subject: ddwrt on edimax Reply with quote
To be honest iv now had it on for 3 days we have 3 people on our network and a pap2 box for voip

1 person does alot of p2p trasfering and bgenral webbrowsing,

2 person streams movies and genral browsing,

3 person downloads music plays online gameing

4 pap2 box used for incoming outgoing voip calls

Running a 20mb connection we dont seem to have issues with ddwrt on this actualy it seems more stable, its not gone down i used to have issues running my pap2 calls they would fade in and out audio yoused to be bad now its all like it was with my buffalo router,

Added bonus VPN Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31, 32, 33  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 13 of 33
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: