Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Firmware Update?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Luyi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gingernut wrote:
For anybody that's interested you can go back to stock firmware using exactly the same guide as flashing to ddwrt. I went back to the latest Buffalo firmware this morning with no problem at all.

As before stated ddwrt on this model is still very experimental and has problems installing optware packages, amoung other things, which is the main reason I changed the firmware in the firstplace.

So I'll keep it stock for the meantime and keep an eye out for future releases of ddwrt for our buffs.

BTW, Has anybody tried out OpenWRT on their Buffalo?

What version you use to return to the stock firmware?
Sponsor
Gingernut
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used the latest 1.71 that was on Buffalo's european site but it looks to have been taken down also Shocked.
Luyi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gingernut wrote:
I used the latest 1.71 that was on Buffalo's european site but it looks to have been taken down also Shocked.

This?
http://www.buffalo-technology.com/support/getfile/?WZR-HP-G300NH_1.71_1.15EU-AP_3G.enc
MD5:34183E5013442603C57A83DA6656FA76
This link is still valid.
Gingernut
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes Sir.
Luyi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gingernut wrote:
Yes Sir.

Thank you.
coaxmetal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
chalkos wrote:

I don't know who, but I remember reading it somewhere on the forums that someone tried it and OpenWRT was not working.

I've been trying for a while now. DD-WRT is up and running fine, as is the stock firmware. I just can't seem to get OpenWrt going. I've tried the premade snapshots under trunk as well as compiling my own. The image downloads fine (and even loads fine I think) but the router reboots and just sits there with the red light solid.

The user Essele reported success with OpenWRT, and had compiled his own image as well. I've sent him an email for advice. Right now I'm going to to try upgrading from the stock firmware to see if that makes a difference.
mindugo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
hillyu wrote:
the showing speed is good, 130mb under mac osx, 300mb under windows, this is quite normal as mac doesn't allow the 40mhz channel width on 2.4g band.
but the actual speed is not so good as the stock firmware, this is even apparent when I use Lan port. I can get an 10MB+ speed when I connect to my nas unit, but now it is only 5MB max.
In fact I only need to read some of my usb hdd which is formatted with ntfs, I expected I can run samba or netatalk with this, but I was wrong, the package support is extremely poor due to there is only one openwrt package repository we can use, and most of the packages there could not be installed and working properly at all. I manage to load the built in kernel of ntfs.ko and xfs.ko to support my existing usb hdd though an sshfs filesystem mount. but I could only get 2MB speed(it used to be 10MB using stoking firmware, and its automouting and ejecting button works like a charm). So I am a little bit regret that I am too rush into this. hope my information could be useful for those who just want to try a new firmware.

Stock firmware doesn't read NTFS formatted hdd either, does it? What HDD and file system do you use if you managed to get 10Mb/s transfer speed with stock firmware? All I could get with my USB flash stick (FAT32) was ~2Mb/s, but maybe it's flash stick related...
Slax
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think hillyu means LAN transfer. LAN transfers are indeed slow on ddwrt.
Luyi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
coaxmetal wrote:
chalkos wrote:

I don't know who, but I remember reading it somewhere on the forums that someone tried it and OpenWRT was not working.

I've been trying for a while now. DD-WRT is up and running fine, as is the stock firmware. I just can't seem to get OpenWrt going. I've tried the premade snapshots under trunk as well as compiling my own. The image downloads fine (and even loads fine I think) but the router reboots and just sits there with the red light solid.

The user Essele reported success with OpenWRT, and had compiled his own image as well. I've sent him an email for advice. Right now I'm going to to try upgrading from the stock firmware to see if that makes a difference.

OpenWrt just released new snapshots.
I already try it.
Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.
hillyu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

Stock firmware doesn't read NTFS formatted hdd either, does it? What HDD and file system do you use if you managed to get 10Mb/s transfer speed with stock firmware? All I could get with my USB flash stick (FAT32) was ~2Mb/s, but maybe it's flash stick related...

I used the XFS, with an usb hard disk. (it has an thoughput of 20MB connected using usb cord, directly to my machine,). I think the usb key would not perform well because most of the usb key is not so fast.

or btw, it is great to hear that we can flash it back to stock firmware, I will try that today. And hope someone can successfully get the open wrt running smoothly.
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gingernut wrote:
this router puts out nearly 900mW/30dBm on stock firmware.

no way!!! are you sure about that? thats some considerable power output going on there if you are correct, somehow i just dont believe it.
Gingernut
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
According to this review it does.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/30889-buffalo-nfiniti-wireless-n-high-power-router-a-access-point-reviewed?start=1
bobt100
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:02    Post subject: wzr-hp-g300nh reverting back to original firmware Reply with quote
I have dd-wrt firmware installed and basically router is operational. I was trying to revert back to original firmware. when I use the web based firmware upgrade feature. The upgrade starts and 10 seconds later it tells me it failed. How do i revert back to the original firmware.

Bob
observations of wrt firmware beta
1. no wps
2. port forwarding range does not keep settings.
3. making backup in web gui and restoring from backup file, fails and password becomes corrupted. Must reset router.
mailman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
4 no netstat and ipkg-opt ?
5 no optware?
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
buffalo has new 1.72 firmware up on thier uk site. im using that now and its not giving me any problems yet.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: