my WRT54G2 freezes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
cipmt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 21:48    Post subject: my WRT54G2 freezes Reply with quote
Hi,
I am from Romania. I installed DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/30/08 ) micro firmware on a Linksys WRT 54G2. It worked perfect for 2 days, and since then I got freezes on a random basis. After I plug the Wan link (I have a pppoe connection over metroethernet) it takes it 10 sec-20 minutes until it freezes. If I don't plug the wan cable, the router works. It may be a problem with the provider equipment (it happened with the linksys firmware to lose the pppoe link on the same time basis) but now the router freezes, and all I can do is to restart it. I tried the micro, micro-plus , and micro-plus-ssh firmware and all have the same behaviour. I am new to linux firmware so if you can give me some links to fix my problem I will be grateful. If there are problems with the provider, I don't mind if the pppoe link fails, but i would like the router not to freeze.
Sponsor
crashfly
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is the build number of DD-WRT that you are using?

Also, have you performed a hard reset on your router and reconfigured from scratch? Sometimes an aberrant setting can cause DD-WRT problems.

Try Dropbox for syncing files - get 2.5gb online for free by signing up.

Read! Peacock thread
*PLEASE* upgrade PAST v24SP1 or no support.
Donny
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does micro plus fit on that unit? You need to start with reading the peacock announcement, and understand builds and which ones to use. That is a very old build. Use one of the builds recommended in the announcements at the top of this forum.

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
cipmt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
now I am using the DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/30/0Cool micro - build 10709M NEWD Eko
But I was using the 13000-micro-plus-ssh too.
And I did the 30/30/30 reset all the times.
All the firmware I tried (micro build 13000 was first) have the same issue. If I remove the wan link it does not freezes. I am sure that the problem is not with the router, but with the network, or the provider pppoe equipment. My problem is that instead of losing link, like the original linksys firmware it froze up. And freezing is not the usual Linux way Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: