Remove dd-wrt from restore original firmware eoc2610

Goto page Previous  1, 2
no1madcow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Below is a copy of an e-mail request for help with this issue sent to the kind folks at Engenius Technologies. at the bottom of this post is a link to the file they sent to me that will resolve this issue.

Hello no1madcow,

Attached are instructions and files for flashing your device back to EnGenius firmware. Please be sure to pay attention to the parts of the instructions that are specific to your model device.

http://tellatech.net/downloads/EOC-2610%20tftp.zip

Thank you,

Jeriel Tenorio
FAE

Engenius Technologies, Inc.
1580 Scenic Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
www.engeniustech.com
Please visit our forum at www.engeniusforum.com

Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 2:23 PM
To: support@engeniustech.com
Subject: HELP

I recently purchased several EOC-2610 Access point. client bridges and was talked into flashing them with DD-WRT firmware. This wound up being bad advice as there is no intelligent support available from DD-WRT. My question is, is it possible to reload the original EOC firmware on this device.

Please advise.

Thank you

http://tellatech.net/downloads/EOC-2610%20tftp.zip

please forgive the remark about"no intelligent support available from DD-WRT." it was mostly the rudness of the DD-WRT support staff that prompted that line as shown in this post
Quote:
Sash Posted: 05 Apr 2009 14:20 Post subject: Re: Firmaware Original EOC-2610

sorry but i dont give a shit fucking damn about shity OSWave instructions they mostly brick devices
All this person tried to do is help with the origional request for removing the DD-WRT software and according to Sash it is not possable, but the folks at at engenius say it is. You should really do something about Sash as he is giving your product a bad name

-no1madcow

by MOD
Quote:
You will receive no support on 3rd party instructions & software and for damaged/bricked routers resulting of it.
Sponsor
majinsoftware
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah it is posiable. I went from stock to gargoyle back to stock then to dd wrt.

Just the main thing is you leave it alone for a hour to do its thing. Most the bricks happen from people resetting the router before it done all the writing.

&
Eoc-2610 R1.1.13 - DD-WRT Pro v24-sp2 13972 (02/23/10) pro.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
there is a way to flash it back, but you need the original files, but senao does not provide them officially. i have access to these files, but i have no right to publish it

no1madcow wrote:

please forgive the remark about"no intelligent support available from DD-WRT." it was mostly the rudness of the DD-WRT support staff that prompted that line as shown in this post
Quote:
Sash Posted: 05 Apr 2009 14:20 Post subject: Re: Firmaware Original EOC-2610

sorry but i dont give a shit fucking damn about shity OSWave instructions they mostly brick devices
All this person tried to do is help with the origional request for removing the DD-WRT software and according to Sash it is not possable, but the folks at at engenius say it is. You should really do something about Sash as he is giving your product a bad name

show me where i claimed senao for something?!
if u cant understand what i wrote u should stay away from blaming other people

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
ATM there is no possible way to remove DD-WRT and get back to the Senao firmware!

I advise anyone that wants to remove the DD-WRT firmware from their device to contact the devices manufacture for instructions. The staff at DD-WRT has no intension to help you and will be counter productive in that effort, as shown in the quote above.

A simple e-mail to the support staff at EnGenius(Senao) was all it took to get the firmware, detailed instructions and the software necessary to restore the original firmware.
MichelG
DD-WRT Guru

Location: Galati - RO / Kishinev - MD / Geneva - CH / Tarragona - E

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
no1madcow wrote:
Sash wrote:
ATM there is no possible way to remove DD-WRT and get back to the Senao firmware!

I advise anyone that wants to remove the DD-WRT firmware from their device to contact the devices manufacture for instructions. The staff at DD-WRT has no intension to help you and will be counter productive in that effort, as shown in the quote above.

A simple e-mail to the support staff at EnGenius(Senao) was all it took to get the firmware, detailed instructions and the software necessary to restore the original firmware.

Hi no1madcow, it does several years I am on the forum, and many times, we have said "ATM it is not possible", for several situations, hardware, firmware, and finally it has been possible. Never forget that on the IT side, things move very fast, and what is true today, might not be anymore tomorrow.

It is interesting to have a solution that works if anyone wish to go back to senao firmware. Thanks for your time and support.

Now, Sash knows it is possible, and me too ;)

Cheers, Michel

All Senao EOC-2610 V1.10 Std 15362 BS
1x UBNT Bullet 2 - RP 18dB Panel - 11Mbps - 13Km link
phibir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
to roll back to original fw after dd-wrt - u should have:
1) terminal client (f.e. Putty)
2) tftp server (f.e. TFTPD32)
3) dump of original fw
4) USB data cable (f.e. from nokia cellulars)
eoc2611p
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
phibir wrote:
to roll back to original fw after dd-wrt - u should have:
1) terminal client (f.e. Putty)
2) tftp server (f.e. TFTPD32)
3) dump of original fw
4) USB data cable (f.e. from nokia cellulars)

Would it be possible to use a printer's cable (LTP1 DB25 ?) instead of the USB data cable ???
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Senao Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: