ASUS RT-G32 Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
foomor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 16:47    Post subject: ASUS RT-G32 Support Reply with quote
I didn't find it in the supported router database, but i've seen it was mentioned in some svn commit. Is it possible to install dd-wrt on this model?

The chipset is Atheros AR2317-AC1A
I couldn't saw clearly what flash it has, but it's Samsung, and yet something ..S28....

FCC-ID: MSQRTG32
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
read:
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
its in the Supported Devices List, but there's still no install instructions as of posting. There are three img's(RTG32.dd-wrt.bin, Asus_RTG32-firmware.bin, and linux.bin) found here, but with no instructions on which to use you shouldn't risk bricking your router.
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
A page has been created in the Wiki if someone who has this device would like to post they're install instruction.

ASUS RT-G32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm most likely going to buy this device, but with no flashing instruction i will be stuck trying. I have a wl520gu which i loaded dd-wrt on quite easily using the different guides found here and around the web. My question is do all Asus routers come with the recovery mode found on the wl520gu, as this would allow me to try different install methods on till i figure out the wright one.
Flo_Florin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 16:18    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote
I have an Asus RT-G32 router,and tried to install DD-WRT ,but it doesn't work.I tried with all three firmwares,nothing.I tried even with the Firmware Restoration Utility.What can i do? Thanks in advance.Sad
ninjabilly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
should receive mine by Wednesday ill give it a go when it arrives. I wish a developer would put in some input as they are the ones who listed this device as supported.
Flo_Florin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you.
dj_drops
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have same problem. I try to upload new firmware and i have error or nothing change :/

Btw: RT-G32 have a telnet deamon, but the default login/pass isn't correct. Do you have any ideas ?
ninjabilly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
How did you get telnet working.

Not sure if this thing needs a new cfe or what to be able to flash it, tried the newest firmware which seems to be working better but it won't allow me to flash it any other firmware where as the original would allow me to
dj_drops
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
ninjabilly wrote:
How did you get telnet working.

I don't know :X I try upload firmware from this thread, and finally I put the newest original firmware. Telnet is on, but i don't password. :/
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
for installing dd-wrt RTG32.dd-wrt.bin must be used from webinterface. if this wont work, you just can use linux.bin for manual installation from redboot. the instructions are the same as for any fonera

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
if webflashing wont work, please try this attached file

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply BS, I successfully got the webinterface to flash using your new attached file, but when the flashing procedure is complete i have no access to the router, even if i assign a static ip there is no login when i try to access 192.168.1.1.

Am i missing some procedure to complete the successful flashing, I tried to follow the fonera flashing instructions but there was no redboot operating at when i tried to telnet in during boot.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
there is redboot operating on this device. sash tested this. use the fonera hacking tool if you dont know the redboot ip informations

Navigation

Jump to: