How do i Completley Remove DD-WRT from my Netgear WNDR3300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Tokens210
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 18:58    Post subject: How do i Completley Remove DD-WRT from my Netgear WNDR3300 Reply with quote
ive been trying to find out how to removw this firmware for sometime, i know it wont let me load .chk files so i was wondering if theres a way to change the netgear firmware into an image or a way to get the ddwrt software to read the chk anyway??
Sponsor
PetervdM
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
you might try the special immage for initial flashing: http://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download/Netgear/WNDR3300/-/dd-wrt.v24_std-wndr3300.chk/2193
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
would i just load this one up and then try a regular netgear one?? its saying the samething as the netgear firmwares, incorrect image file

i wanna remove it cause my N network isnt to reliable and i wanna try some of netgears new firmwares, but most likley ill be back with the dd-wrt soon enough
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can use the OEM .chk file and tftp it back on. The CFE will accept it.

However, I have found that you may need to manually start the tftpd daemon using the Serial terminal.

If the unit sees a valid kernel it may not start the tftpd automatically.

redhawk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
i dont really know how to start with the TFTPD ive been looking it up with no luck
PetervdM
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
ps try: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Recover_from_a_Bad_Flash

chapter "recovering with TFTP"

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
thats the one ive been trying, telnet asks me to login but doesnt let me type in the password section, i took the password off hoping to solve that and it just asks for the name over and over
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
No...you need to use a special cable and tap into the Serial port on the motherboard of the router. It requires special hardware and some soldering skills.

I suggest you try using tftp.exe first...but in the past, I've found that it skips tftpd during boot because it has a valid kernel.

if you get a serial cable setup (level shifting serial cable...about $15 on ebay)...you use the Cntl-C at power on to break into the CFE and get a CFE> prompt.

Now you can only talk to the unit with CFE commands....on the Netgear units...one of these commands is "tftpd". Have your tftp.exe program setup with the .chk file when you start the tftpd daemon...it will then flash.

redhawk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hold on...I'm trying something for you.

redhawk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
yea at this time i dont have the funds to buy the cable, ill try the other one first, now ive entered mtd erase linux reboot on the routers command enter and i got back results which it normally didnt do so im guessin im slowley headed the right way lol, how, or where do i go from here??
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here you go...I was testing...I stripped the Netgear FW header out of the file...then renamed it as a .bin.

I flashed this file to my 3300 unit from the dd-wrt Firmware Update page and when it was finished and reboots itself...I then pressed the reset button until the power LED blinks...then let go.

You should then be able to access the unit at 192.168.1.1 with a un/pw of admin/password.

You are then back to factory Netgear FW without any equiptment needed.

However, I will say this...I've tested it...but only once and it did work well...but use at your own risk....you've been warned.

redhawk

WNDR3300_V1.0.29_1.0.29-WW.bin
 Description:
Netgear FW for the WNDR3300 unit that can be loaded from the dd-wrt gui to revert.

Download
 Filename:  WNDR3300_V1.0.29_1.0.29-WW.bin
 Filesize:  2.88 MB
 Downloaded:  3257 Time(s)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
OMG yes thank you Red, i was lookin for someone that had a netgear firmware in image form but noone seemed to have it, didnt need to do a thing to this took it completly back to netgear 1.0.29 firmware automatically, reset password to Admin/Password and restarted the router for me
Tokens210
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
id like to thank redhawk and perv for assisting me, and actually red when i set my router up the right way with the dd-wrt id like you input if possible, ive been tryin to get the best setup and connection for my devices, xbox360 = N network only, Playstation 3 = G network only, Pc = Wired connection, i was tryin to have them all on there own dedicated lines with no interferrence and no connection drop and no firewall or closed NAT for the gaming, the g was workin great with the DD-WRT it was just the N would consistantly drop for 1 sec every minute and eventually it would give me a strict nat when i didnt touch anything
roadzy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
thnx
yuriyonu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smile

Last edited by yuriyonu on Sat Nov 13, 2010 23:52; edited 1 time in total
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: